Brittany Bathgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I got quite excited about the declutter video, it was interesting for me so I'm happy she filmed it. I wish she showed everything she decluttered in more detail but I guess that would've taken ages since her Depop pile was pretty huge. I would enjoy watching a makeup and skincare declutter from her too. The declutter also gave a more realistic view of her closet which was quite messy - nothing wrong with being messy but it's not the carefully curated image she tends to give. So good for her for relaxing a bit on that front.

Not sure how someone who get's super stressed about a single wrinkled piece of clothing in the middle of the night is also quite ok with an entire messy closet though? Maybe some of that extra fussiness is more of a performative ~personality trait~ she likes to highlight in her content.

Reactions: 11
Do we think the decluttering is really a precursor to her moving back in with Dean?
Jesus IMAGINE! all of the moving house and redecorating only to move back in after a few months. What could either of them have possibly learned in that time? That never even trialled a separation because they were always in each others pockets

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Not sure how someone who get's super stressed about a single wrinkled piece of clothing in the middle of the night is also quite ok with an entire messy closet though? Maybe some of that extra fussiness is more of a performative ~personality trait~ she likes to highlight in her content.
The messiness (esp that part with the pair of sneakers places separately) felt kinda staged. But maybe I now have the feeling that everything is just staged - either to come across as perfect or relatable...

It bothered me that she talked a total of 5.5 minutes about that damn black dress and was constantly repeating herself 🌀🌀🌀 I get her point but she could have said it all under 1 minute. Her long repetitive talking parts are getting extremely exhausting lol. Same with that part about those pair of boots... had to skip through it 🥴

Reactions: 6
I enjoyed the decluttering video. I liked that she admitted that her 'organised minimalism image' isn't always real/realistic.

Reactions: 1
I cannot believe the juxtaposition of what she says she does and what she actually does.

A year ago she made a video explaining how she cleans her shoes after every wear, including trainers. I remember it as it stuck with me as something OTT/very anal to do. However, in the latest video she showed a plethora of shoes so manky and filthy I couldn't believe it. Even the black boots had filth hanging from the outside sole. So, which one is it then? Are you very clean and organised or do you like to tell people you are very clean and organised?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I cannot believe the juxtaposition of what she says she does and what she actually does.

A year ago she made a video explaining how she cleans her shoes after every wear, including trainers. I remember it as it stuck with me as something OTT/very anal to do. However, in the latest video she showed a plethora of shoes so manky and filthy I couldn't believe it. Even the black boots had filth hanging from the outside sole. So, which one is it then? Are you very clean and organised or do you like to tell people you are very clean and organised?
I dunno... That was a year ago, and a lot can change in that time. I don't know that her not cleaning her shoes every wear can be considered a humongous hypocrisy...?

That said, I am getting so tired of how boring the vlogs are getting. I used to enjoy them, despite the lack of content I found them relaxing. I mostly tune in for the clothes. My bf jokingly calls her Boring Brittany when I'm watching it. But this is getting out of hand. There is just nothing happening, she just cleaned out her closet, and talked about how tired she was because she got up at 7am (!). Plus I have been feeling a bit uneasy about her mental state for a while now. And the 2am crease thing was undeniably strange, I am not sure how performative that was but put it all together, the move and mad furniture buying spree, the lack of activity, the obsessive perfectionism, there is something that makes me feel so so sad.

Reactions: 7
It bothered me that she talked a total of 5.5 minutes about that damn black dress and was constantly repeating herself 🌀🌀🌀 I get her point but she could have said it all under 1 minute. Her long repetitive talking parts are getting extremely exhausting lol. Same with that part about those pair of boots... had to skip through it 🥴
Her overly exaggerated tendency to wax lyrical about everything and anything is part of the smoke and mirrors that makes BB seem like she's more intelligent, more stylish, more knowledgeable, more informed than her viewers especially with some of the words and phrasing she likes to use... but she's not. She's just a rambler.

i think BB projects this version of this person that she wishes she was rather than the person she is. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of what she says she likes or does is a total fabrication. very performative and obsessive. I'm starting to think she's actually deeply unhappy (moreso than maybe she realises?) and it shows with all these ways that she's so nit-picky and obessive over.

Reactions: 2
"That meeting that could have been an email"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
In Brittany’s shoe review video she said how problematic her Burberry Mary Janes were and proceeded to sell them on Depop.
Then she almost immediately bought the Proenza Schouler version.
Now a year later she’s selling the Proenza Schouler’s.
If you had already identified black patent Mary Jane’s had no place in your wardrobe then why did you buy another pair?
This is what infuriates me about Brittany, buying so many similar versions of the same pieces of clothing over and over again. Promoting mass consumption that she proclaims to be against.

Also have issues with Brittany shunning Zara when she happily shills for the H&M group. I don’t shop at either of them but there’s no difference between the two companies in terms of ethical practices and quality. Other than Zara does not line her pockets.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She seemed a bit more lively this vid and some of the declutter was interesting to me but my thoughts:

- how many of those clothes were purchased vs. gifted
- the income to be able to part with some of those brands...my god. If those items weren't all gifted then she must be RICH.
- the end at the office, look I miss seeing people at my office but the thing about sitting 8-10 hours a day working - whether in an office or at home - is not great and she is just enjoying the start of having a space to work in. Kind of like buying (or getting gifted) expensive clothes to just wear at home or even to just walk down the street in to snap a photo and that's your whole income... it's deeply superficial.

I suspect that she lived with someone who MADE things: art and house things. She does neither and probably feels a deep sense of anxiety that is rooted in not making anything and probably this is why she is so focussed on her editing because it's as close as she gets to creating anything.

• Heart
Er what..? Can anyone explain what's happening here thanks..!
BB made the (very telling) mistake of describing the Lizzy/Lindsey book as an accessory. Tried to correct herself by describing it as 'functional' too! Realised she was over-explaining as usual, hence the 'digging a hole' comment :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
BB made the (very telling) mistake of describing the Lizzy/Lindsey book as an accessory. Tried to correct herself by describing it as 'functional' too! Realised she was over-explaining as usual, hence the 'digging a hole' comment :rolleyes:
The slight dig. The book is not kinfolk enough for BB’s flat

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Thanks OK now this makes so much sense. The projection of being bookish feels superficial .. It's all falling into place remembering my slight confusion when she mentioned multiple times that The Secret History was the longest book she'd ever read.. Not a problem in itself but just clear that books are more about the object/accessory than part of some passion for reading.

Brittany says she continuously justifies herself keeping hold of things she has no need for, just in case she ever fancies using them again.

Is that what happened to Dean? 🥲

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Can someone give me a short summary of her past? Didn't she use to live in London with her boyfriend. Is she living on her own now just for a while without a seperation? Why is she obsessed with women in their twenties living on their own?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.