Brittany Bathgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Feeling the "arty" vibe with today's vlog's cover choice lmao. Also, so embarrassing to say that you'll vlog this beautiful day you've got planned in london, seeing various high end brands and then completely duck it. Yikez. Watching as I type, so maybe I'll be back with more thoughts.

Okay the crease bit, at least she was honest about how ...I don't even know... obsessive that is? Family bit was cute tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
not watched it yet but the thumbnail is an 'interesting' choice......

Reactions: 1
Dean just posted a story wishing BB a happy birthday. Would be a weird move if she was his ex.

I actually wonder what they have in common. She’s cagey and stuck up and he seems like a genuinely nice guy. I might be wrong, but that’s the impression I get from him (not to mention his artistic ability and taste in music. The Strokes💓...).

It's been said here before but I genuinely get vibes that they're both not straight

Reactions: 7
You know it's 2021: taking issue with someone having wealth and influence and doing nothing but push things to buy (rather than work/stress/getting a job/maintaining friendships/volunteering and good causes) that's cool. But the relationship speculation always seems odd to me because so much of it seems to be taking issue with them separating. Why not take some space to maintain a relationship (in whatever form that is) with someone's you've been with your whole adult life?

My only comment on the video(well 2): blue is more her colour than red, there was next to nothing in that video and it was so so so so boring.

I kinda doubt they’re back together... I think she really has no friends of her own, that’s why she hangs out with dean and - seems like - his friends only.

That last vlog was soo boring... and the creasing thing... I‘m all for realness on social media and all but that was super cringy 😅😅

Reactions: 1
You know it's 2021: taking issue with someone having wealth and influence and doing nothing but push things to buy (rather than work/stress/getting a job/maintaining friendships/volunteering and good causes) that's cool. But the relationship speculation always seems odd to me because so much of it seems to be taking issue with them separating. Why not take some space to maintain a relationship (in whatever form that is) with someone's you've been with your whole adult life?
i don't recall anyone taking issue with them separating? I think it is more the fact that BB seems disingenuous. I also think it is pretty normal to speculate what is going on with somebody's relationship when they put their life into public sphere for audience consumption. Even in 2021.

Reactions: 4
i don't recall anyone taking issue with them separating? I think it is more the fact that BB seems disingenuous. I also think it is pretty normal to speculate what is going on with somebody's relationship when they put their life into public sphere for audience consumption. Even in 2021.
BB chose to put her relationship on the internet, she then chose to tell everyone they had "split up", filmed hanging out with her "ex" in her home and on what would otherwise be considered dates, and then people wonder why we gossip about it???

i don't care if they're together or split up, I just find it amusing when someone makes their relationship/breakup public and then films the weird aftermath without an shred of self-awarenesss

Reactions: 5
To be fair Brittany did say it was a trial separation, they could be still be a couple or just platonic friends and Dean isn’t an influencer so she has to respect his privacy.

Can’t believe she wore those Birkentsock’s outside, hideous!
Red isn’t her colour.
No-one cares that you have one strand of hair out of place.
And the Hermes lip balm, Brittany definitely still cherishes items she wouldn’t buy with her own money - the unlit Loewe candle being a prime example.

To be fair Brittany did say it was a trial separation, they could be still be a couple or just platonic friends and Dean isn’t an influencer so she has to respect his privacy.
Respecting his privacy would be not putting him in her vlogs after they said they've separated. It's all a bit weird and confusing for a viewer, when someone says they've split from their boyfriend and then... He's in the vlogs regularly doing things they used to do together as a couple. That is not a 'trial separation'!!!

Reactions: 4
I don't know who Gail Platt is, but I definitely see the resemblance! Prominent nose, a little jowl-y, bit of an overbite. Speaking of her face....

Yikes. I mean, it takes guts for anyone to post a closeup of their face, and there's nothing inherently wrong with her face, but... this makes me cringe. Also, this is surely an ad, right? She didn't mark it anywhere, but it'd be a weird thing to post if it wasn't.

ETA: I am sick and tired of expensive-ass beauty products that do nothing. The biggest beauty marketing ploy ever has got to be the "wash of color". I blame Glossier and their claims of "Fuss-free! Subtle! Women are children and desire the sophistication of a Magic Marker!" Well, if I wanted that, I would buy tinted chapstick at the drugstore for $3, not a $30 lipstick that has zero color payoff.
It makes me cringe too because I suspect also it's a blatant attempt to get Hermes on side. I think that Brittany fancies herself a luxury brand influencer type. Like, she does Arket but would much prefer Margaret Howell, the Row etc. She thinks she's a cut above the average for sure. And with Cartier taping her for that fragrance promo series she's bought into her own hype. And, while one never knows, I doubt that will happen. This is why I love the influencers with a backbone - like the beauty influencer Wayne Goss for example - who really stays grounded and achieves more of a following through original content and clever marketing of himself. Not that Brittany is a beauty influencer, I'm just speaking of how it's possible to be sincere and successful. She really is becoming insufferable. I barely watched the last video. Shame how it's become a trap for her.

About Gail Platt. I feel a bit mean agreeing with that, but it is true. There is something there, she does kind of look like her! And, to be clear, there is zero wrong with Gail Platt. Style and beauty are not the same in my" not worth much" opinion. Not that Gail Platt is super stylish, but she could be. Easily. I feel like no matter what you look like you can dress interestingly. I really enjoy looking at clothes that work for the person. For example I admire Gucci Westman's style (she's a makeup artist) and at the same time I like Vivienne Westwood's personal style (and talent oh my, though she's a right old crabapple apparently). Very different, I don't like one type of look for everyone, I just admire when something fits (not just in a size way, but fits their whole being) and is, at the same time, really aesthetically pleasing.

I was in hospital recently and my surgeon had the best fitting doctor's coat and it was so much nicer than the other docs, and the shoulders sort of stood out on their own but not too much and I was like, yup, glad she's my surgeon, I'll get a better scar. LOL. And my ex was an Italian chef from Northern Italy and he was super particular about his chef jackets and yet, at the same time, the most adorable hippy type off duty. He wore his mother's jackets from the 1980s and he had repaired them with odd, not matching buttons and ill skilled repairs (his own) and they looked divine on him. Everything on him looked good, lucky fella. It pissed me off that my sweaters looked so much better on him.

Whether people possess style without effort, or even with a great deal of effort there's something magical about it in my mind. But simultaneously I don't give a rats ass. It seems contradictory. But if you are an engineer and you feel comfortable in dockers, then good for you and this uniform allows you to actually solve stuff in the world well that matters more than my fetish for color and pattern and shape and personality. Ya know? I feel this is the view of many in fashion who are the true visionaries. Not suggesting I am a visionary, I just think I share that sort of perspective on fashion.

I think Brittany does have style and a point of view. I guess I'm getting a little tired of the minimalist perspective. It's sort of becoming normcore luxe in my mind and I'm craving more color and originality and seeing a lot of sameness. That's not her fault. However, I do wonder whether she and the other minfluencers are becoming tired of it too. There's something in the zeitgeist I reckon and it will be interesting to see how they adapt, or not.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
It makes me cringe too because I suspect also it's a blatant attempt to get Hermes on side. I think that Brittany fancies herself a luxury brand influencer type. Like, she does Arket but would much prefer Margaret Howell, the Row etc. She thinks she's a cut above the average for sure. And with Cartier taping her for that fragrance promo series she's bought into her own hype. And, while one never knows, I doubt that will happen. This is why I love the influencers with a backbone - like the beauty influencer Wayne Goss for example - who really stays grounded and achieves more of a following through original content and clever marketing of himself. Not that Brittany is a beauty influencer, I'm just speaking of how it's possible to be sincere and successful. She really is becoming insufferable. I barely watched the last video. Shame how it's become a trap for her.

About Gail Platt. I feel a bit mean agreeing with that, but it is true. There is something there, she does kind of look like her! And, to be clear, there is zero wrong with Gail Platt. Style and beauty are not the same in my" not worth much" opinion. Not that Gail Platt is super stylish, but she could be. Easily. I feel like no matter what you look like you can dress interestingly. I really enjoy looking at clothes that work for the person. For example I admire Gucci Westman's style (she's a makeup artist) and at the same time I like Vivienne Westwood's personal style (and talent oh my, though she's a right old crabapple apparently). Very different, I don't like one type of look for everyone, I just admire when something fits (not just in a size way, but fits their whole being) and is, at the same time, really aesthetically pleasing.

I was in hospital recently and my surgeon had the best fitting doctor's coat and it was so much nicer than the other docs, and the shoulders sort of stood out on their own but not too much and I was like, yup, glad she's my surgeon, I'll get a better scar. LOL. And my ex was an Italian chef from Northern Italy and he was super particular about his chef jackets and yet, at the same time, the most adorable hippy type off duty. He wore his mother's jackets from the 1980s and he had repaired them with odd, not matching buttons and ill skilled repairs (his own) and they looked divine on him. Everything on him looked good, lucky fella. It pissed me off that my sweaters looked so much better on him.

Whether people possess style without effort, or even with a great deal of effort there's something magical about it in my mind. But simultaneously I don't give a rats ass. It seems contradictory. But if you are an engineer and you feel comfortable in dockers, then good for you and this uniform allows you to actually solve stuff in the world well that matters more than my fetish for color and pattern and shape and personality. Ya know? I feel this is the view of many in fashion who are the true visionaries. Not suggesting I am a visionary, I just think I share that sort of perspective on fashion.

I think Brittany does have style and a point of view. I guess I'm getting a little tired of the minimalist perspective. It's sort of becoming normcore luxe in my mind and I'm craving more color and originality and seeing a lot of sameness. That's not her fault. However, I do wonder whether she and the other minfluencers are becoming tired of it too. There's something in the zeitgeist I reckon and it will be interesting to see how they adapt, or not.
Hope you're doing ok re: hospital!

This bit:

Sums up how I feel. It's getting too austere for me and that's not about an aesthetic choice but about a couple things:
- it's an exercise in showing off cost rather than quality: quality would be if we saw close ups of things, understood the structure, the fabric, where fabric is sourced from, is it sustainable, the craft... and the photography and videos just show us a flat image of many similar pieces of clothing. So if she cares about how things are made, the design and the story about the object, that's not coming across. We just get the object, so it's really just about "look what I can afford" and consumption.
- where is the personality and personal style? I think these terms sometimes are conflated with "loud" pieces or style that does not adapt over time but even in her current wardrobe, we could see something unique about her. It feels like there used to be personality but I realize now, I was attributing the background to her clothes: her house with Dean had more personality because we saw how they made it (bringing up the last bullet point). The garden, walking around Norfolk... seeing something, not just endless similar black trousers. While I like her new place a lot it isn't cold because she didn't build it or it's a minimal style, it's cold because it's vacant and it's vacant because it's not lived in - she moved in and bought stuff, we didn't see it grow with time. How much of us were in retrospect enjoying her YouTube for the house content!

To sum it all up, how much of this could be corrected if she wore just one band t-shirt (purchased at a gig) one time? : )

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Honestly! I wish she’d just give her YouTube channel to Dean so we could actually receive some content. I really enjoy his Instagram because he posts his work as a builder and a painter, if he ever wanted to become an influencer he defo has the potential for it. He dresses in a way that suits him but hasn’t fallen into a uniform and has a great artistic skill set. Basically I like that he has a personality and he shows it while still seeming a relatively private person like BB.

Reactions: 8
Hope you're doing ok re: hospital!

This bit:

Sums up how I feel. It's getting too austere for me and that's not about an aesthetic choice but about a couple things:
- it's an exercise in showing off cost rather than quality: quality would be if we saw close ups of things, understood the structure, the fabric, where fabric is sourced from, is it sustainable, the craft... and the photography and videos just show us a flat image of many similar pieces of clothing. So if she cares about how things are made, the design and the story about the object, that's not coming across. We just get the object, so it's really just about "look what I can afford" and consumption.
- where is the personality and personal style? I think these terms sometimes are conflated with "loud" pieces or style that does not adapt over time but even in her current wardrobe, we could see something unique about her. It feels like there used to be personality but I realize now, I was attributing the background to her clothes: her house with Dean had more personality because we saw how they made it (bringing up the last bullet point). The garden, walking around Norfolk... seeing something, not just endless similar black trousers. While I like her new place a lot it isn't cold because she didn't build it or it's a minimal style, it's cold because it's vacant and it's vacant because it's not lived in - she moved in and bought stuff, we didn't see it grow with time. How much of us were in retrospect enjoying her YouTube for the house content!

To sum it all up, how much of this could be corrected if she wore just one band t-shirt (purchased at a gig) one time? : )
All of this! Yesssss!

I agree completely with every single thing you've so eloquently said and yes, I didn't think about your observation about the house with Dean and their life together transferring in my mind to her sense of style being more varied than it is. That is absolutely true and so interesting.

A band t-shirt would help. Anything, bleeping hell, a tea towel from the seaside in her kitchen LOL. I bet she's always like, hmm, I'm not keen on that design, or the quality of the cotton and just can't bring herself to buy anything that might break the mold when the mold (mould?) is meant to be broken in fashion. Dean often wore band shirts and color and this brightened her up (literally) and contributed to a backdrop of interest. You are so right.

Her playlists are very same same too and not terribly evolved. Her needle is stuck within the groove of a vinyl record literally and figuratively. I think she knows this but is, unfortunately, too busy basking in faux youtube praise and not critically analyzing her work or life in a healthy way. I suspect, if she does critique herself, she is overly harsh and focused on the wrong elements. She tends to avoid it entirely - no middle ground. I.e. the old maxim you are never as good as your friends believe or as bad as your enemies purport. The intense dislike of and fixation on eliminating all creases anywhere, even if naturally acquired, is an apt metaphor for her not being able to let things unfold naturally and perhaps more brilliantly. If she keeps going to therapy that might really help her with both personally and professionally.

Thank you ever so much about saying you hope I'm okay - I am! As my granddad would say "It's a great life if you don't weaken" (always with a chuckle and an elbow nudge as he kept on going through aches and pains).

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.