Brittany Bathgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The intense dislike of and fixation on eliminating all creases anywhere, even if naturally acquired, is an apt metaphor for her not being able to let things unfold naturally and perhaps more brilliantly. If she keeps going to therapy that might really help her with both personally and professionally.
BB's fixation on her clothing being "perfect" is an insight into how her mind works and posibly even a mental disorder like anxiety or OCD. It's really not healthy to be so obsessed about creases.

Reactions: 7
BB's fixation on her clothing being "perfect" is an insight into how her mind works and posibly even a mental disorder like anxiety or OCD. It's really not healthy to be so obsessed about creases.
I've held back from saying the same thing for months now. The creased sweatpants at 2am was out of control. I wonder what is really up with her.

Reactions: 9
Honestly! I wish she’d just give her YouTube channel to Dean so we could actually receive some content. I really enjoy his Instagram because he posts his work as a builder and a painter, if he ever wanted to become an influencer he defo has the potential for it. He dresses in a way that suits him but hasn’t fallen into a uniform and has a great artistic skill set. Basically I like that he has a personality and he shows it while still seeming a relatively private person like BB.
I agree, his building posts are always really interesting. Must be nice to just decide you want something and then to be able to just make it in an afternoon like his sun lounger yesterday.

I’ve seen them both about town a few times in the last couple of weeks so I’m sure they’re back together but maybe taking it slow. I’m glad I think they compliment each other and her content was way more interesting when they were together as they actually did things!

Reactions: 3
Yeah I turned it off at the point. Who at 2am in the morning, dropping off their sister who is leaving again for goodness knows how long, gets stressed out enough to have a monologue about ironing her bloody tracksuit???

I’m out.

Reactions: 4
Yeah I turned it off at the point. Who at 2am in the morning, dropping off their sister who is leaving again for goodness knows how long, gets stressed out enough to have a monologue about ironing her bloody tracksuit???

I’m out.
She’s just unbelievably spoiled, privileged and keen on “being not like everybody else” :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2
Absolutely. As someone who has a lot of anxiety (though not about creases!), I agree. I also think I'm a touch OCD which is exacerbated because I have type 1 diabetes and in order to be healthy I literally HAVE to check my sugar every 5 minutes. I wear a small sticker type device that takes my sugar levels and plots it on my phone and I constantly have to look at it and adjust my insulin to avoid having complications, I'm basically my own pancreas. So, I can relate to this because it is infiltrates other areas of my life if I'm not careful.

There's a fine line between healthy and not. Organized and on top of things - good but one step too far and you are neurotic and obsessive. Perfect glucose levels, but horrible blood pressure and stress because you can't accept less than perfect numbers isn't the way. Better to be slightly less vigilant and relax your brain but not too much so that you go blind from high sugar in my blood.

I'm always trying to remain in the middle. I feel it applies to all areas of my life. And that is really hard sometimes because there is pressure from both sides - stay vigilant to be healthy! FLIP: relax to be healthy! And flip again: healthy what is that? Who the hell knows? We as humans, no matter what we are up against feel forces from our environment, peers, work, school, the bleeping internet and on and on. I struggle with it. I'm anxious about being anxious sometimes!

Anyway! that's not her issue, but it's something I battle with so I understand it a little. The balance between physical health and mental health. I'm convinced they are not separate, our brain runs everything, but if I go on it'll be like take another bong hit ya know? it could get weird - LOLz. Hopefully you understand what I mean - that it translates to other situations.

It's all too easy these days, because people are becoming more open about anxiety (which is good because it's more accepting) to be like well I'm anxious - full stop. While it's good to accept yourself as imperfect, it's also something to try to remedy as well. It's really not healthy and rather than just the flippant - "I'm anxious" and "that's just me" type dialogue - maybe work to recalibrate and help yourself let go more?

Anxiety sucks, basically, but there are ways to ameliorate it, if not eliminate it. There's self acceptance (good) and then rigidity (not so good). This stuff interests me because I'm studying to be a social worker now having much experience in the fashion industry and just growing up as an ADHD, poorly parented and socially inept child in England and America, I feel I am already qualified in a sense, at least in the empathy department, or at least I like to think so.

I feel for her, I do. I don't see OCD as a stigma but yes, she really shouldn't think that being upset about creases on the way to the airport at 2am is okay. It's not. It really could be a debilitating issue :(

Last edited:
i'm happy to see that she is moving into a co-working space. structure always helps with anxiety. hopefully being around others and having a routine helps her mental health and to not obsess over small things. i know that when i was at home most all the time, i found myself obsessing over things around the house that i don't normally when i'm working fulltime (and barely home).

Reactions: 5
I found myself cringing for almost the entire vlog this time.

The Dean and her montage in the beginning felt incredibly staged. I know all of it is, but this was on another level. Jeez.

Here's Dean, we are staying together, he's filming me in the bath (how many more reading in the bath shots can we endure? good lord, are you are really getting your books which never look cracked - ironed possibly? - wet like that and reading for 10 mins b/f becoming a wrinkled prune? AS IF), here we are pretending to play snakes and ladders, we are drinking alcohol!, hahahaha here's me on a climbing frame looking like an uncoordinated toddler, here's me swishing around and air b-n-b in wool pants looking incredibly uncomfortable in the early morning (who does this? that's not how you would dress) opening a patio door and staring into the sun for the sake of a vlog "scene".

Raspberry noise. Sorry, that was me.

Basically her way of revealing the Dean situation without actually talking about it. We get it and I now feel slightly sick.

What a bunch of smarmy crap. Editing talent? I take that back.

Her "lots to do" is what other people fit around the edges of actual work (i.e. personal ERRANDS); going to the tailors, moving into a work studio etc. and it's not even a lot to do anyway especially given that she took most of the week off voluntarily? None of that is anything to complain about and shows how complete her lack of awareness is about her privilege.

Whinge whinge whinge. Oh, so much to do, going to awaken slowly and potter around making a cup of tea, got to put on make up at 10am, put flowers in a vase, arrange for the maid, go to the shops, buy some new stuff to tell you lessors about (sigh), spend more money that most people don't have (even if actually working) on a studio b/c this is not optimal for preventing my insufferable sloth, I mean anxiety about my sloth, not actual laziness b/c that would be my fault. I'm so afflicted. FFS.

And I'm sensitive to anxiety, I really am. But this, "it must be something else" not actually my lack of interest in other people attitude bites. It's nothing to do with me, my issues, it's clearly because I don't have this or that (throw more money at it).

We want to know more about day to day existence but this isn't it. Sitting on the bed and saying I'll chat now so I can get stuff done for the vlog when this is the vlog and the entire reason for all that other stuff is a circuitous vacuum of boring.

I doubt that moving into a new studio space will cure her, but hopefully it may alleviate some of her obsessive tendencies and resolve some loneliness. It's a good idea when you are not super social to work with other people I reckon. It will also make things more interesting even if that's because, as uhhcanwejust said (I may be adding my own thoughts too to this) - we were duped into thinking her vlog when she was living with Dean was more interesting because of the house and him, not her. Maybe she will now stop using Dean and develop other friendships. One can dream.

She really is missing the point/has lost the plot.

There was meager material to begin with, and now it's sauntered off to have tea at Claridge's (I mean the hipster cafe down the road in Norfolk).

Oh look, she bought another.....

drum roll...

dishwater beige big TRENCH

exactly the same as all the others

yup, you can't make this up

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
One more thing while I’m on a roll here, possibly being horribly unfair - it’s not “tailoring” getting a hem taken up, shortening a sleeve, nipping something in at the waist etc. it’s merely alterations.

I realize people use both words but it’s the way she talks about it in much the same way as when she said she’d like to “commission” some art for her dining area. Technically yes that’s a commission to give your friend a few bucks to paint some art in warm tones to balance out your free black table. Technically yes choosing stuff to put on the shelf is curation. Technically I suppose you are acquiring studio space aka renting a desk. Still makes you sound like a right twit.

Tailoring as she speaks of it in the “voice beautiful” (as my mum would say), as if she is heading down to Savile Row, would be taking that coat sleeve apart and slimming it down/ reshaping it proportionately now that it’s been lopped off so it doesn’t look like a kimono sleeve on her.
Tailors wouldn’t need more time to move the tabs up on the sleeves either. She mentioned this was quite a “tricky” job in the last video. It’s so incredibly easy to unpick an inch section slide it up and restitch, move the corresponding buttons - 5 mins per sleeve.

Conversely, belt loops can’t just be “added” simply like she said before. Unless your taking more than 3” off the hem because they run vertically along the warp for strength and to match the trousers - and if not doing that it’s not as if they have the exact same shade and type of fabric laying around normally.

For all her pointificating she knows next to nothing. No, she’s not a designer, but these things aren’t hard to learn. I guess “I’m taking stuff to the alterations man at the dry cleaners down the road” doesn’t sound have quite the same ring to it. Ha!

Furthermore, another witch about other people whining (LOL so ironic of me)- her cronies all seem to do this but I’d really like them to stop saying that the reason theirvlog this week not interesting, long, poorly lit, garbled is because they forgot their phone, forgot their charger, wiped the memory card, wanted to do something else, haven’t had their coffee, feeling tired, cat ate their homework.

All this might be true. But have they ever had a real job? (I know she did, is this the reason she left?) Do you say to your boss I didn’t do a very good presentation because I erased it, didn’t plug my laptop in, didn’t have the right light, couldn’t be fucked? Sorry. Are you 5? Lol. You’d be fired. Obviously they have more freedom working for themselves but shut it already and get on with it. We don’t care because you say it just about every time. Streuth!

I’d quite like to see a cardboard cut out of the Queen enter screen left and move her mouth Monty python style saying

“Don’t complain, don’t explain dear” every time.

now that would be interesting!

They all seem to take themselves so gosh darn seriously but at the same timehave nothing but packing popcorn between the lug holes.

Im seriously turning into my dad. 😂

On a more positive note maybe the studio is a good idea. It must be hard to stay motivated and will help her I think on second thought. It does look bright and light. As long as she actually goes and also there isn’t too much drama or noise or mess with the other workers. Because then I reckon more excuses will ensue - sorry this is crap because I had to come home etc.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I couldn’t make it through her latest vlog - total borefest and she was cheeky enough to admit that herself. On a more positive note, her £200 stripy shirt looks exactly like the one I got in Mango for less than £30.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
For all her pointificating she knows next to nothing.
This sums BB up to me. she's very good at presenting herself as a "worldly person" who knows a lot and it fools a lot of people who don't know better. But a lot of what BB says and does sounds good but doesn't actually make sense or mean anything. She says "tailoring" ebcause it sounds fancier than adjustments. most people don't get their clothes adjusted so BB already looks like she's more polished and puts effort into her style. it's basic adjustments that she could learn to do herself.

I couldn’t make it through her latest vlog - total borefest and she was cheeky enough to admit that herself. On a more positive note, her £200 stripy shirt looks exactly like the one I got in Mango for less than £30.
BB likes to get free tit that's expensive because she thinks it's more sustainable than shopping at Mango but the reality is her expensive clothes aren't any better than the fast fashion ones because cost doesn't mean more sustainable. she also thinks it makes her more stylish than other people because her wardrobe is expensive. there's influencers out there who dress in head to toe fast fashion that have more inventive, original style and are't afraid of trying new things.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This sums BB up to me. she's very good at presenting herself as a "worldly person" who knows a lot and it fools a lot of people who don't know better. But a lot of what BB says and does sounds good but doesn't actually make sense or mean anything. She says "tailoring" ebcause it sounds fancier than adjustments. most people don't get their clothes adjusted so BB already looks like she's more polished and puts effort into her style. it's basic adjustments that she could learn to do herself.

BB likes to get free tit that's expensive because she thinks it's more sustainable than shopping at Mango but the reality is her expensive clothes aren't any better than the fast fashion ones because cost doesn't mean more sustainable. she also thinks it makes her more stylish than other people because her wardrobe is expensive. there's influencers out there who dress in head to toe fast fashion that have more inventive, original style and are't afraid of trying new things.
Yes, yes and more yes. In regards to the first comment - I feel for example - some of those books she reviews she hasn't read. The binding isn't even broken at all, not in the slightest. I know she doesn't like creases, LOL, but it's impossible in my mind to read a 400 page book without any marks on the soft cover spine? None at all and pages perfectly flat. Particularly as you seem to have a penchant for reading in the bath? I'm on to you, you faux intellectual! Hahahahaha! No pulling the Studio Nicholson sweater over my eyes! (BTW whoever said red is not her color is also bang on the money, it's Dean's color, she's not as suited to the David Hockney primary color dressing as he is, except the cobalt).

The book about the Chinese soul sisters/penpals thingy (I forget the name of them) and foot binding seemed suspiciously to me like she had read enough to get the gist and then slung it in the pile. Enough to do a school book report that would satisfy a first year teacher - or vlog watchers (insulting our intelligence). And then there was another one that she said was "strange" and I was like, yup, I don't think you've read that one either. Because how many of us can read a stack of 3-5 books within a month and get anything done. It's possible but improbable in my mind that she really reads them all. No shame in that. It's the pretense that's annoying.

I'm starting to think that she reads her critiques here though. Jeez I hope not as that would really do your head in, or maybe she really knows, under the surface, her own game is lame in obvious ways and is trying to reorient but not really getting it? I would feel bad because I can see someone being "everything I'm trying isn't good enough". It's not that she isn't trying, but her trying is still self serving, insular and naval gazing and ultimately without a fresh perspective or hint of creativity (exactly expense does not at all equal more creativity, quality or sustainability). Let's hope the studio really helps her to see what's possible.

I should probably stop pontificating myself and get on with my own life! LOL. See, at least I'm self aware. A self aware loser is tons better than a self important wanker in my admittedly distractible mind.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Not that I've watched many of her vlogs of late (fortunately you all have saved me from that waste of time), but I'll throw in my two cents about her insufferable obsession over trivial things. I find that when I'm in a period of unhappiness, creative unfulfillment, or general ennui in life, my avoidant behavior kicks into overdrive and I will find something to obsess over. Usually, it's online shopping, where I have to hunt down THE perfect blazer or THAT shoe that I saw on Pinterest ages ago. Or I'll spend an inordinate amount of time on Tattle, obsessing over other peoples' lives. It's kind of a low-level madness, my brain's way of filling a void. Then I snap right out of it when something truly important happens like seeing loved ones, starting a fun project, or dealing with an actual crisis. Maybe after the stress of the past year, her "separation" with Dean, and living by herself, she's descended into this mental place where she overthinks stupid tit more than normal. I mean, worrying about pant creases at 2 am?! That's beyond the pale, even for a "normal" perfectionist. Getting a coworking space seems like a step in the right direction if she has the discipline to actually work within a given time frame. Otherwise, she'll just find herself just mindlessly shopping online, scrolling through social media, and doing duck-all during "office hours", which she can obviously do at home.

Reactions: 14
I had a feeling that this vlog would light up the thread:LOL: I agree with everything said by everyone :LOL:

I have to admit, i thought the visuals in the intro bit on the trip away were quite beautiful and interesting (because they were different)... but surprise surprise it features Dean and his artwork. Not just her reading a book. He actually has interesting hobbies outside of work that makes him a three dimensional person. Maybe she is realising how lucrative he is to her brand and aesthetic (wouldn't put it past her....) but I agree @brerwhabbit her posing and her walking down the hallway, in the bath etc was so incredibly forced and staged. I felt embarrassed for her.

I HAD to laugh when she said she had SUCH A BUSY DAY, putting her makeup on... I was thinking, oh maybe she has to shoot content, has a lot of deadlines to meet, etc, maybe we will see some behind-the-scenes... Nooo she is just getting glammed up to go to the tailors and a few personal errands to run. Seriously... can't you hear yourself? I suspect she singlehandedly keeps the local 'tailor' in business...

As much as I hope that the studio space works out, I am a little bit skeptical after watching the vlog. When is she going to take photos and content? I suspect it will become a case of, popping home to shoot content, back and forth between the studio space, and not before long spending most of the time at home again. I hope not, I always think that working amongst other people when you're a freelancer is beneficial (I've been there...) but i truly think it is a case of the grass is always greener.

And YES @brerwhabbit the constant apologies 'oh I was going to vlog this but i forgot' or 'oh sorry for the low quality i am on my iphone' or 'i just didn't do anything interesting' is so grating!!!! SHUT UP! You have made this your job, take it seriously, and take your audience seriously.

Also, the little "i'm moving!!" play was super snide. She knows her viewers want to know about Dean, she thought she'd play off that and make us all wonder for a split second if she was moving back into their place. Cheeky.

I am very curious as to how BB truly feels about her work. She has eluded to not being in a good head space (hopefully solved from simply moving out of home), whether she finds any meaning at all from what she does. I wonder why she sticks it out on YouTube. What she hopes it will bring her. It still surprises me she rarely cross-promotes on her instagram (from what i'm aware). She doesn't have many followers on YT to make decent money, she doesn't seem to have sponsors for her videos? Is it a purely creative outlet?

• Heart
I'm going to pop in my two cents and then scroll back and read the last couple of responses because this video feels like it was made. for. us! If for discussion only. Ok, so these are my gut reactions and then one reflection so fun game time: writing this then seeing how much we're in agreement or of differing opinions!

- gut reaction: opening visuals look great! To my previous point, Dean is back, she is out of the flat and I am interested.
- gut punch reaction: how staged is this! Par for the course, this is YouTube, I get it but ... it feels especially staged. I hope that Dean enjoys it. I hope he's game for it, seemed like he always has been. I hope they also had a lot of hours enjoyed and not logged. We never know what's happening off camera.
- based on the past two comments: if we all have more fun with Dean around I wonder if it's the same for her! I hope that they are finding some kind of set up that works for them in whatever capacity. But yeah, goes to show... what is interesting and it's not outfit commentary in her flat.
- the shared work space felt like someone is making away with bloody murder because someone is charging money for Ikea furniture. My opinion here, but Ikea is great for the home, but paying for the office, I feel there should be nice curated pieces. I don't love my office's style (I'm WFH for 14 months, nearly 15) but I do love that it has a style (vs. all white Ikea pieces) and that it is unique and the furniture is great quality.
- I hope the office space works for her. I am more productive at home but I bet given that her job is so.... odd, having a space will work for her and maybe also give her some semblance of the average person's day.

Reflection: didn't she say at Christmas that she was previously a visual merchandizer? Makes me think that drives up her small little qualms here and qualms there and then boom 2 am complaining about creases. I think I have terrific experience from when I worked in shops and specifically restaurants but I realize when I was still in those roles I was a bit insufferable when it came to touting my thoughts on the industry and service. I feel like she is still in that headspace. Also, as someone with anxiety, OCD and depression, I can see a bit of myself in her but to be honest, less of the OCD and more of the depression... I think she can get so down and I've noticed that sometimes, everything is a complaint and it's not about perfectionism, it's that she's in a glum headspace. She seemed to be lighter in this video which can happen if you're depressed. Seemed a bit hopeful though so... hope she's in a better space.

Not that I've watched many of her vlogs of late (fortunately you all have saved me from that waste of time), but I'll throw in my two cents about her insufferable obsession over trivial things. I find that when I'm in a period of unhappiness, creative unfulfillment, or general ennui in life, my avoidant behavior kicks into overdrive and I will find something to obsess over. Usually, it's online shopping, where I have to hunt down THE perfect blazer or THAT shoe that I saw on Pinterest ages ago. Or I'll spend an inordinate amount of time on Tattle, obsessing over other peoples' lives. It's kind of a low-level madness, my brain's way of filling a void. Then I snap right out of it when something truly important happens like seeing loved ones, starting a fun project, or dealing with an actual crisis. Maybe after the stress of the past year, her "separation" with Dean, and living by herself, she's descended into this mental place where she overthinks stupid tit more than normal. I mean, worrying about pant creases at 2 am?! That's beyond the pale, even for a "normal" perfectionist. Getting a coworking space seems like a step in the right direction if she has the discipline to actually work within a given time frame. Otherwise, she'll just find herself just mindlessly shopping online, scrolling through social media, and doing duck-all during "office hours", which she can obviously do at home.
A lot of this if not all of it is relatable!! Thanks for this post.

Wanted to add: every relationship carries two people's hang-ups. My partner is lovely and seemingly so easy going but his issues are very challenging to be around at times and because he is so easy going and guarded, it can be so challenging to get him to address anything, making me a bit more frustrated, exhausted and driving up my anxiety. I become more vocal, I take action... I guess what I am saying is, externally, BB and I might both seem like the challenging ones, but relationships are two people. Just adding that to past comments about Dean being more fun content than her on her own because I want to 1) check myself on what that might imply and 2) underscore that there is sooooo much content she could create and the clothes... I am over.

I had a feeling that this vlog would light up the thread:LOL: I agree with everything said by everyone :LOL:

I have to admit, i thought the visuals in the intro bit on the trip away were quite beautiful and interesting (because they were different)... but surprise surprise it features Dean and his artwork. Not just her reading a book. He actually has interesting hobbies outside of work that makes him a three dimensional person. Maybe she is realising how lucrative he is to her brand and aesthetic (wouldn't put it past her....) but I agree @brerwhabbit her posing and her walking down the hallway, in the bath etc was so incredibly forced and staged. I felt embarrassed for her.

I HAD to laugh when she said she had SUCH A BUSY DAY, putting her makeup on... I was thinking, oh maybe she has to shoot content, has a lot of deadlines to meet, etc, maybe we will see some behind-the-scenes... Nooo she is just getting glammed up to go to the tailors and a few personal errands to run. Seriously... can't you hear yourself? I suspect she singlehandedly keeps the local 'tailor' in business...

As much as I hope that the studio space works out, I am a little bit skeptical after watching the vlog. When is she going to take photos and content? I suspect it will become a case of, popping home to shoot content, back and forth between the studio space, and not before long spending most of the time at home again. I hope not, I always think that working amongst other people when you're a freelancer is beneficial (I've been there...) but i truly think it is a case of the grass is always greener.

And YES @brerwhabbit the constant apologies 'oh I was going to vlog this but i forgot' or 'oh sorry for the low quality i am on my iphone' or 'i just didn't do anything interesting' is so grating!!!! SHUT UP! You have made this your job, take it seriously, and take your audience seriously.

Also, the little "i'm moving!!" play was super snide. She knows her viewers want to know about Dean, she thought she'd play off that and make us all wonder for a split second if she was moving back into their place. Cheeky.

I am very curious as to how BB truly feels about her work. She has eluded to not being in a good head space (hopefully solved from simply moving out of home), whether she finds any meaning at all from what she does. I wonder why she sticks it out on YouTube. What she hopes it will bring her. It still surprises me she rarely cross-promotes on her instagram (from what i'm aware). She doesn't have many followers on YT to make decent money, she doesn't seem to have sponsors for her videos? Is it a purely creative outlet?
Agreed here too! Those staged clips walking down the hallway in a rented home - how is this different than influencers who rent rooms made to look like a private plane just for a photo?

If she REALLY loved the architecture and design of the rented house, why not focus on that. That I would have loved to have seen! Again, it's style not substance.

Also, I really hope that office has a photo studio because otherwise, what a waste.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
omg thanks for describing my current thought process, I'm currently obsessing over finding the perfect platform gold buckle off white loafer gucci dupe (suggestions welcome haha) or a black knee length velvet skirt argh, it's nice to know it's not just me, i need to snap out of it as i can't concentrate on reading or anything. Cannot wait for the galleries to open again i need to ingest some perspective STAT x

• Heart
What's the deal with Brittany and Dean these days? Last I saw they were taking a break from their relationship and living apart. Now they are still living apart, but going on mid-week breaks together where he films her reading in the bath. Hmmmm. This doesn't look like any break-up I've ever seen. How on earth are either of them ever going to move on if they are still at the stage where he's filming her in the bath?! Or are they back together - but still living apart?

As I said before, I don't watch Brittany very much, but for some strange reason I want to know about her relationship status. Lol!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.