Britney Spears

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her family are from Louisiana. I believe her father to be exactly like that. I read the Article and it made me feel sad. Gosh Britney 😢 why was everyone so cruel to you.

Reactions: 8
how old was Britney when she was taking recreational drugs? did her mum/assistant not do anything? Her family really did use her, you're so right with your points.

New Tattler as of today and lurker on the Britney thread.

As a Britney stan there was nothing new or revelatory in the documentary but for me it did achieve 2 key things; firstly it has brought about a discussion about the media’s abhorrent treatment of women and secondly it has of course brought #FreeBritney in the mainstream, even my Mum is talking about it!

There’s such a big story to tell and Britney’s story has many, many layers.

Personally, I would have liked to unpick Jamie Spears more and his past – there was a meagre passing mention of his bankruptcy and substance abuse during Britney’s childhood. Think about the pressure Britney would have been under, she was the breadwinner when her alcohol and violent (according to reports) Dad remortgaged the house and reinvented a new career when it suited him. I would say that household was a tough one to group up in to say the least.

Also her 2004 knee injury which happened on the set of the ‘Outrageous’ music video with Snoop Dogg. I think this was not only a career but ultimately a life-changing moment for Britney. I am not a dancer but by all accounts injuring your knee is one of the worst injuries you can get – sadly her dancing has not been the same since this. This precipitated what became a downward spiral for her.

As a fan and a realist for me of course I would love this conservatorship to be over. But I will be very honest, a big part of the Britney that I grew up and loved died somewhere from 2007 onward. Her interviews after her ‘breakdown’ show a very uncomfortable, socially anxious person who finds it hard to even complete a sentence. It is like she is dead behind the eyes. This has been really sad to watch and imo has gotten worse over the last five years.

I don’t think I would even want to know the cocktail of prescription medicine she is on but it is clear she is highly medicated and by all accounts (in her Mum Lynne’s book) she did A LOT of recreational drug use back in the day. I think the meds she is on is playing a huge part into how she is functioning or barely functioning.

The sad reality is if Britney’s entire conservative ended tomorrow, I don’t think she would be able to cope and manage her own life. Look at her life choices, even going back to her Las Vegas wedding in 2004, the company she has chosen to keep whether it’s her ‘cousin’ Ali or Paris Hilton and Linsday Lohan (sorry I don’t like them, they were all users), dating Adnan the photographer, Sam Lutfi. I am just showcasing how when SHE was in control she was getting things very wrong on a basic level. I appreciate this was her rebelling but let’s be honest some of this was so self-destructive and I could give more examples here.

With all my ramblings, I don’t know what the solution is. As a first-step if Jamie Spears is removed from the conservatorship that would be a very welcome first step. I also wish she had a more supportive and loving family, I use to have hope that Jamie-Lynne and Lynne would step-up but deep down I think her Mum was a stage Mum and Jamie-Lynne has just been disappointing.

Reactions: 1
how old was Britney when she was taking recreational drugs? did her mum/assistant not do anything? Her family really did use her, you're so right with your points.
💯 this. She obviously has mental health issues and I personally think is ‘stuck’ in her teenage years and would probably struggle in the adult world. Her Father needs to go but who would take over? Everyone around her seems to be users, she was (and still is) everyone’s meal ticket. As someone who has had mental health issues in the past and been medicated, the medication is a welcome relief but does leave you a bit ‘dead behind the eyes’ and emotionless. She lost her sons and her way and ‘freeing’ her could cause more harm than good if they don’t have the right person looking out for her.

Reactions: 7
We’re all just guessing and assuming none of us know what is actually wrong with her. We only get to see those pre recorded Instagram videos. I’ve heard so many rumours and honestly you just never know what’s true and what isn’t but what I do believe is that Britney deserves sooo much better than this and if judge penny can not just grant her one wish 🤯🥺 I mean it’s all such bs anyway. What kind of man is her father if he can’t even turn round and say ‘I love my daughter and if she wants me to step down then I will’. I understand what you are saying her entire team have huge ? Over their heads I don’t trust one of them!!

Reactions: 8
I'd like to make it clear not all medication for mental health problems makes you dead behind the eyes etc. This sort of misconception is really stigmatising and damaging for people who need medication to function normally. I've been on antidepressants for years, they allow me to live a normal life. Obviously none of us know Britney's diagnosis or medication, but I think it's safe to say there's a lot going on there.

Regarding recreational drug use, there really isn't a lot families can do when an adult wants to use drugs. I'm sure many tattlers know from experience like me that when a family member has substance issues it's deeply distressing and you can't do much even when the person doesn't have the means Britney has. All you can do is be there.

I also know of people who have had psychosis triggered by recreational drug use, two have been in and out of psychiatric hospital for years since their initial breakdown in their 20s. Would not be at all surprised if there was something like this in Britney's case.
It's so desperately sad, her father is undoubtedly problematic, but who else was there to step up back in 2008. I wonder if her parents decided Jamie would look after Britney and Lynn take care of Jamie Lynn as she was 16 and pregnant around the time of Britney's breakdown.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I'd like to make it clear not all medication for mental health problems makes you dead behind the eyes etc. This sort of misconception is really stigmatising and damaging for people who need medication to function normally. I've been on antidepressants for years, they allow me to live a normal life. Obviously none of us know Britney's diagnosis or medication, but I think it's safe to say there's a lot going on there.

For sure...I myself have suffered from mental health I’ve had anorexia been hospitalised. In my adult life I’ve learnt to kind of handle it. I have terrible anxiety my anxiety’s got so much worse since having my children. I do wonder if Britney did have postnatal depression. Having two babies back to back and her being still so young and with a husband supposedly cheating and what not on her must have been just soo terrible. It makes me feel so sad for her thinking of everything she’s been through. I think you raised a good question with the drugs. But just going through everything she’s gone through is there any wonder she had a breakdown? I don’t for a second think she just be able to go and live her life without any professional help but I do think she deserves to live a life doing what she wants to do within reason. Spending her own money and seeing more of her children without there been a constant threat that she won’t see them if she doesn’t do what they say, which supposedly has been the case. Ah I don’t know what it is about Britney I’ve loved her since I was a little girl and have loved her since. My heart just aches for what she’s still going through.

Reactions: 10
As mentioned earlier Britney isn't just on prescription drugs now or used drugs recreationaly back in the day she also had them slipped into her food by her then boyfriend and manager Sam Lufti who years later tried to defend himself by saying her mother told him to do it. As much of a scumbag as he is I totally believe that. I'd like to think that Lynne genuinely loved her daughter but she became too hard to reign in so they gave up as seeing as anything other than a cash cow and at best decided to keep her calm using horse tranquilizers. Who knows what physical damage all this has done to her brain let alone her psyche. That's why I think Jamie has a lot of leeway now. It's clear Britney was heading to an early grave and someone had to do something and Jamie was the one who stepped up and seemed to work to get her life and career back on track but the cost seems to be her freedom.

Reactions: 6
A relative of mine was given "something" when she was hanging out with some questionable people when she was a teen. Whatever it was messed that girl up for life. She was in and out of institutions and couldn't verbalize what happened. She is now in her early 60's and for lack of a better word, she is still zombie like. Britney reminds me of her sometimes. Poor girl.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Oh gosh that is so terribly sad 😔. I have hope for Britney I truly do. There’s people who do care for her in the industry. Like I said before regarding the voice Mail that really did kick the free Britney movement off was supposedly set up by someone in the industry who’s good friends with Britney.

Reactions: 3
Y

Regarding recreational drug use, there really isn't a lot families can do when an adult wants to use drugs. I'm sure many tattlers know from experience like me that when a family member has substance issues it's deeply distressing and you can't do much even when the person doesn't have the means Britney has. All you can do is be there.

I also know of people who have had psychosis triggered by recreational drug use, two have been in and out of psychiatric hospital for years since their initial breakdown in their 20s. Would not be at all surprised if there was something like this in Britney's case.
It's so desperately sad, her father is undoubtedly problematic, but who else was there to step up back in 2008. I wonder if her parents decided Jamie would look after Britney and Lynn take care of Jamie Lynn as she was 16 and pregnant around the time of Britney's breakdown.
Yes not all MH drugs will leave you ‘dead behind the eyes’, so many factors to consider (dosage and actual diagnosis). For me, they did. However, I would go back on them in a heartbeat should I need to because they do let you live a ‘normal life’. I have always been open and honest about my MH issues and medication. Currently med free but as I said, I know they are there should I need them.

Y

Yes not all MH drugs will leave you ‘dead behind the eyes’, so many factors to consider (dosage and actual diagnosis). For me, they did. However, I would go back on them in a heartbeat should I need to because they do let you live a ‘normal life’. I have always been open and honest about my MH issues and medication. Currently med free but as I said, I know they are there should I need them.
Really glad you're doing well at the moment.

Reactions: 2
Clearly at her happiest when with her boys, love to see it. Just two weeks until the next court date.

Reactions: 9
I never heard it kick started streaming sites. I remember very clearly at the time all the aftermath all the blame all on Janet and Justin been able to attend the Grammys and winning. I’ve been a huge Justin fan, even loved him in Nsync. I’ve mentioned before that looking back now at his past actions and the things I continue to hear about him i defiantly don’t feel the same.

Reactions: 2
What really intrigued me is what did they think the reaction would be when they were planning it? Did they think the world would be talking about how risqué or avant garde they were? Did Janet think she’d become the worlds biggest sex goddess? And Justin would be seen as what? The ultimate ladies man/player?
It was just a tacky move, in a tacky routine, designed to expose an equally tacky nipple ring.
Odd all round.

I always thought it was planned personally. It just didn’t go to plan. Still how all the blame was put on Janet was wrong. America basically turned their backs on her.

Reactions: 4
What really intrigued me is what did they think the reaction would be when they were planning it? Did they think the world would be talking about how risqué or avant garde they were? Did Janet think she’d become the worlds biggest sex goddess? And Justin would be seen as what? The ultimate ladies man/player?
It was just a tacky move, in a tacky routine, designed to expose an equally tacky nipple ring.
Odd all round.
yeah really, especially knowing a large portion of America is very conservative/religious etc

Youtube was essentially invented because so many people wanted to search for the Superbowl incident, they saw an opportunity to create a video sharing site. Weird to think about a time before they existed!

Same with the famous Jennifer Lopez versace dress, so many people were typing it into search engines that google invented google images.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.