Britney Spears

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think at the time the fact that it was all but confirmed she cheated on him with a mutual friend made people think that Justin's behavior was (ahem) justified. I personally don't really blame him for Cry Me A River artists like Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande have made a career of making songs that shame the exes they feel wronged them without the heat that JT is currently getting. Still making digs for years after though was taking it too far but the media celebrated him for doing it which I think made him do it all the more.

But just like with Janet Jackson the media was already gunning for her even before their break up. They seemed to turn on her with stuff like the London Crossroads premier were she snubbed fans that were waiting for her on the red carpet and cancelling her concert in Mexico and the last minute both were completely overblown. Even after everything with the Justin break up she made questionable decisions like stealing Kevin Federline from Shar Jackson who was pregnant with their child, their whole tacky courtship and stuff like driving with her baby on her lap without a seat belt. It was very juicy tabloid fodder to go after her with.

I doubt Justin was an angel in their relationship (there's been persistent rumours of him cheating) and he definitely took their feud too far but I think he was a small part of it. A symptom of the problem rather than the cause. I tend to think the current focus on Justin's part of the anti-Britney media circus serves as a distraction from the people currently exploiting Britney.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I think at the time the fact that it was all but confirmed she cheated on him with a mutual friend made people think that Justin's behavior was (ahem) justified. I personally don't really blame him for Cry Me A River artists like Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande have made a career of making songs that shame the exes they feel wronged them without the heat that JT is currently getting. Still making digs for years after though was taking it too far but the media celebrated him for doing which I think made him do it all the more.

But just like with Janet Jackson the media was already gunning for her even before their break up. They seemed to turn on her with stuff like the London Crossroads premier were she snubbed fans that were waiting for her on the red carpet and cancelling her concert in Mexico and the last minute both were completely overblown. Even after everything with the Justin break up she made questionable decisions like stealing Kevin Federline from Shar Jackson who was pregnant with their child, their whole tacky courtship and stuff like driving with her baby on her lap without a seat belt. It was very juicy tabloid fodder to go after her with.

I doubt Justin was an angel in their relationship (there's been persistent rumours of him cheating) and he definitely took their feud too far but I think he was a small part of it. A symptom of the problem rather than the cause. I tend to think the current focus on Justin's part of the anti-Britney media circus serves as a distraction from the people currently exploiting Britney.
Absolutely agree with you!! There’s no way this would have seen the light of day without team Jamie agreeing to it. Although it isn’t rainbows and sunshine for team Jamie they don’t mention Lou Taylor. I also find it suspicious that Sam all of a sudden voiced his opinion on Britneys dad. Like TMZ we’re just hanging around waiting for him. I find the whole thing suspicious. I just feel so sad for her 🥺. I’m a mother of two girls myself and I can not ever imagine hurting my children in any way.

Reactions: 7
Don’t know if anyone is interested but there’s actually a new film about conservatorship called I care a lot. It came up on my Amazon prime but think it may also be on Netflix too. I’m going to try and watch it one night this week when my other half is watching Man U.

Reactions: 6
New to this thread. I don't know where to begin. My heart goes out to Britney.

I agree that Justin's behaviour was awful and I don't like him but he was a young guy and he wasn't the real problem. Britney herself seems to have no issue with him.

Reactions: 3
I love Justin but even as a fan I think how he acted towards Britney was a disgrace. Even up to just a few years ago.

Reactions: 11

I wish ppl would stop supporting JT, yes he was younger when it happened but still old enough to know better

Reactions: 16
Absolutely!! Tbh lately I’ve read so much crap about him not just with Britney and Janet. Britney always took the high road with regards to him and anyone else for that matter.

Reactions: 6
New Tattler as of today and lurker on the Britney thread.

As a Britney stan there was nothing new or revelatory in the documentary but for me it did achieve 2 key things; firstly it has brought about a discussion about the media’s abhorrent treatment of women and secondly it has of course brought #FreeBritney in the mainstream, even my Mum is talking about it!

There’s such a big story to tell and Britney’s story has many, many layers.

Personally, I would have liked to unpick Jamie Spears more and his past – there was a meagre passing mention of his bankruptcy and substance abuse during Britney’s childhood. Think about the pressure Britney would have been under, she was the breadwinner when her alcohol and violent (according to reports) Dad remortgaged the house and reinvented a new career when it suited him. I would say that household was a tough one to group up in to say the least.

Also her 2004 knee injury which happened on the set of the ‘Outrageous’ music video with Snoop Dogg. I think this was not only a career but ultimately a life-changing moment for Britney. I am not a dancer but by all accounts injuring your knee is one of the worst injuries you can get – sadly her dancing has not been the same since this. This precipitated what became a downward spiral for her.

As a fan and a realist for me of course I would love this conservatorship to be over. But I will be very honest, a big part of the Britney that I grew up and loved died somewhere from 2007 onward. Her interviews after her ‘breakdown’ show a very uncomfortable, socially anxious person who finds it hard to even complete a sentence. It is like she is dead behind the eyes. This has been really sad to watch and imo has gotten worse over the last five years.

I don’t think I would even want to know the cocktail of prescription medicine she is on but it is clear she is highly medicated and by all accounts (in her Mum Lynne’s book) she did A LOT of recreational drug use back in the day. I think the meds she is on is playing a huge part into how she is functioning or barely functioning.

The sad reality is if Britney’s entire conservative ended tomorrow, I don’t think she would be able to cope and manage her own life. Look at her life choices, even going back to her Las Vegas wedding in 2004, the company she has chosen to keep whether it’s her ‘cousin’ Ali or Paris Hilton and Linsday Lohan (sorry I don’t like them, they were all users), dating Adnan the photographer, Sam Lutfi. I am just showcasing how when SHE was in control she was getting things very wrong on a basic level. I appreciate this was her rebelling but let’s be honest some of this was so self-destructive and I could give more examples here.

With all my ramblings, I don’t know what the solution is. As a first-step if Jamie Spears is removed from the conservatorship that would be a very welcome first step. I also wish she had a more supportive and loving family, I use to have hope that Jamie-Lynne and Lynne would step-up but deep down I think her Mum was a stage Mum and Jamie-Lynne has just been disappointing.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I’m a huge Britney Stan also.I do agree with you and honestly I don’t think Britney would be able to cope either just suddenly been free but I do think she should freed from the conservatorship. Nobody knows her medical records we can only judge from her performances, interviews and social. I am sure there’s something else that can be put into place surely...from what I’ve seen of the good morning America interview today saying she literally had two.3 million left and her fathers helped her $60+ million fortune today. Absolute BS!! Where’s her money? She should have sooooo much more money than that!!

Reactions: 11
So is this just damage control from her father then because everyone knows he's a scrounger 🤔

Reactions: 5
I am rambling out loud so bear with me. This is only my opinion. I think that that Sam Lufti and the rest of those scumbags Britney was surrounded by used and severely exploited her. I've always thought that he had incriminating pictures, etc. from that time before her father stepped in (why didn't her mother step up to the plate ?). I don't want to speculate on what is medically wrong with her because it could be one thing or a number of things. But we all can see that something is wrong and that she is not the same. I think she will always have to have a caregiver but not such a stringent cvshp where she can't have a phone, etc. If Britney no longer wants to perform then she should be able to live the rest of her life comfortably and her money should be wisely invested.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I wish ppl would stop supporting JT, yes he was younger when it happened but still old enough to know better
I feel lumping what Justin did to Britney in the wake of their break up and what Justin didn't do for Janet in the wake of nipplegate are two very separate issues. It does a disservice to both conversations that people conflate the two.

I also unashamedly find Justin's role in both very overblown and the constant pinning him of the ruination of both their careers and Britney's breakdown to be a distraction from the people that were really responsible and those who are exploiting her now. What's more important writing a think piece on Justin's behavior over a decade ago was problematic or feeing Britney?

Also her 2004 knee injury which happened on the set of the ‘Outrageous’ music video with Snoop Dogg. I think this was not only a career but ultimately a life-changing moment for Britney. I am not a dancer but by all accounts injuring your knee is one of the worst injuries you can get – sadly her dancing has not been the same since this. This precipitated what became a downward spiral for her.
Thinking back I think this was the point of no return for her. She could have finished off the In The Zone era with the Outrageous remix and done the second leg of the tour. Instead she went full in with Kevin Federline and that's when the media really went after her. Obviously she got her kids out of it and she clearly had issues way before this but I think if she could have clawed her way to some level of normality had she focused on her career at this and her personal life didn't devolve into such a paparazzi fueled circus.

As a fan and a realist for me of course I would love this conservatorship to be over. But I will be very honest, a big part of the Britney that I grew up and loved died somewhere from 2007 onward. Her interviews after her ‘breakdown’ show a very uncomfortable, socially anxious person who finds it hard to even complete a sentence. It is like she is dead behind the eyes. This has been really sad to watch and imo has gotten worse over the last five years.

I don’t think I would even want to know the cocktail of prescription medicine she is on but it is clear she is highly medicated and by all accounts (in her Mum Lynne’s book) she did A LOT of recreational drug use back in the day. I think the meds she is on is playing a huge part into how she is functioning or barely functioning.

The sad reality is if Britney’s entire conservative ended tomorrow, I don’t think she would be able to cope and manage her own life. Look at her life choices, even going back to her Las Vegas wedding in 2004, the company she has chosen to keep whether it’s her ‘cousin’ Ali or Paris Hilton and Linsday Lohan (sorry I don’t like them, they were all users), dating Adnan the photographer, Sam Lutfi. I am just showcasing how when SHE was in control she was getting things very wrong on a basic level. I appreciate this was her rebelling but let’s be honest some of this was so self-destructive and I could give more examples here.

With all my ramblings, I don’t know what the solution is. As a first-step if Jamie Spears is removed from the conservatorship that would be a very welcome first step. I also wish she had a more supportive and loving family, I use to have hope that Jamie-Lynne and Lynne would step-up but deep down I think her Mum was a stage Mum and Jamie-Lynne has just been disappointing.
I agree with most of this. It's clear that she would unable to function if left to look after herself and she isn't even trying to do that. She just wants anyone but her father in charge. Like I'm unsure who that is. I do think Lynne loved her daughter but gave up trying a long time ago and just saw her as the cash cow her father does.

Reactions: 5
I watched the documentary last night. Its heartbreaking. I hope she gets an independent conservator.

• Sad
I am rambling out loud so bear with me. This is only my opinion. I think that that Sam Lufti and the rest of those scumbags Britney was surrounded by used and severely exploited her. I've always thought that he had incriminating pictures, etc. from that time before her father stepped in (why didn't her mother step up to the plate ?). I don't want to speculate on what is medically wrong with her because it could be one thing or a number of things. But we all can see that something is wrong and that she is not the same. I think she will always have to have a caregiver but not such a stringent cvshp where she can't have a phone, etc. If Britney no longer wants to perform then she should be able to live the rest of her life comfortably and her money should be wisely invested.
Oh yeah Sam’s defiantly got some damaging things on her. He is pure evil. I can’t see her been freed from the cship. I don’t understand why all of a sudden last year her lawyer chose to listen to what Britney wants after all this time. He’s been there since day 1. She said right from the start that she did not want her father in charge of her and her money. What’s his motive here? I know that he and Jodie Montgomery have worked together for a long time. Is it something to do with her? Somethings I guess we’ll never know and can only speculate on. There’s a lot hearings coming up one interesting one is something to do with Lou Taylor regarding money. She deserves her money shoes the one that’s done all the Vegas shows, world tours. Not to mention her perfume and other merchandise.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.