Britney Spears

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched the documentary today.....

So so sad, and scary!..........The fact that Britney is chosing to refuse to perform, is so worrying. its the only thing she could refuse to do...and its still making no difference to this conservatorship!

And the illogicality of her paying for someone to challenge the conservatorship, whilst simultaneously also paying everyone who is fighting to keep the conservatorship going. This conservator business is extremely confusing to get my head around!

Its so obvious she had a horrible and public nervous breakdown, wasnt given the correct support and hasnt been allowed to grow up independently since then!
After this documentary surely she should be given some independent legal advice that has nothing at all to do with the conservatorship, and be allowed to do some public interviews or get out there and meet some people independently!

Reactions: 16
One of the saddest things I’ve watched. I grew up adoring her she was my idol as a 10/11 year old girl and it’s so sad to see how her live has nosedived. She seems like a lovely person who was taken advantage of during a vulnerable point in her life. Her dad is definitely the instigator behind all this, I wouldn’t be surprised if he pays people off to ensure she stays under this conservatorship. It’s crazy how someone so young can be deemed so unstable they can’t manage their own affairs. As they said in the documentary, she’s okay enough to tour and perform and rake in money, but not well enough to live her own life. They are using her as a cash cow and don’t seem to actually care about her well-being.

It’s shocking how the media asked her such inappropriate questions at such a young age. Asking her if she was a virgin, and talking about her breasts!! It’s crazy no one would ever ask such questions to the young female stars these days. The media were absolutely ruthless and 100% played a part in her downfall. I couldn’t believe the stuff about Justin timberlake and the media basically blaming her for the split. That interview “what did you do that broke his heart” or something like that. I was a bit young at the time to see how awfully she was treated.

One day the truth will out I’m sure of it but for now it’s just so sad to see someone decline the way she is.

Reactions: 15
I wonder if she is drugged. Does she actually live with the father? I can't figure it out.
No she lives in her mansion in LA alone and I guess Sam, her boyfriend, occasionally stays at hers too

her father ,as well as the rest of the family, they all live in Louisiana

Reactions: 3
Wow. She seems so lonely. She never seems to do anything other than post crazy dance videos. I expect her mental state hasn't been helped by the conservatorship. But she doesn't seem like a well person, which isn't helping her cause.

Reactions: 7
No she lives in her mansion in LA alone and I guess Sam, her boyfriend, occasionally stays at hers too

her father ,as well as the rest of the family, they all live in Louisiana
I can’t believe her dad would let her live alone. I suspect there’s a team there preventing her from leaving/using the phone/computer etc. Almost like a facility. Terrible terrible state of affairs.

Reactions: 12
I wonder that too. Because although having to track all your spending or whatever would be a right pain, she doesn't seem to mind someone else having control, just not Pappa. But having control over her person, her health etc, is an entirely different matter.

Did anyone else wonder if she ended up being detained in a hospital after she walked off the Domination opening event as a punishment for not performing?

Reactions: 9
I wonder that too. Because although having to track all your spending or whatever would be a right pain, she doesn't seem to mind someone else having control, just not Pappa. But having control over her person, her health etc, is an entirely different matter.

Did anyone else wonder if she ended up being detained in a hospital after she walked off the Domination opening event as a punishment for not performing?
I watched something on you tube that said at that time she was refusing to take her medication so her dad cancelled the tour?! I'm sure I've remembered that right. They then forced her into a hospital but said at the time she cancelled the tour because of her dad's Ill health.

Reactions: 2
See that is weird because if she doesn't speak to him l'm not sure she would be that concerned?

See that is weird because if she doesn't speak to him l'm not sure she would be that concerned?
What I find strange is her dad was in and out of her life throughout her childhood and he went bankrupt. Why would he be put in charge of her finances when he couldn't look after his own? Surely her mum, who Britney seems to have had a better relationship with would be a better option? The whole thing is heartbreaking. She has no say in anything, she can't vote, can't be married, have children, without her dad's say so. Her cousin who was also her assistant is saying Britney's dad threatened her life and told her to stay away from Britney so she hasn't spoken to her for 10+ years.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
What I find strange is her dad was in and out of her life throughout her childhood and he went bankrupt. Why would he be put in charge of her finances when he couldn't look after his own? Surely her mum, who Britney seems to have had a better relationship with would be a better option? The whole thing is heartbreaking. She has no say in anything, she can't vote, can't be married, have children, without her dad's say so. Her cousin who was also her assistant is saying Britney's dad threatened her life and told her to stay away from Britney so she hasn't spoken to her for 10+ years.
Because he promised the right people a big enough slice of the pie if he was in control.

Reactions: 1
Because he promised the right people a big enough slice of the pie if he was in control.
Of course!! It benefits too many people for this to stay in place. I think he gets a % of everything she earns. He must be making a pretty penny!! Then there will be managers,lawyers, security etc getting a % too! From what I have read Britney is now refusing to perform,make music whilst he is still in charge

Of course!! It benefits too many people for this to stay in place. I think he gets a % of everything she earns. He must be making a pretty penny!! Then there will be managers,lawyers, security etc getting a % too! From what I have read Britney is now refusing to perform,make music whilst he is still in charge

I think the most important part is he has control of all her money. Which means he gets to invest it in whatever he likes, like his or his friends new business. And if the business goes bust, all investments have risks. Obviously he gets to claim expenses, legal costs. But the investment bit is what Britney paid for them both in court last. She wants a bank to be in charge of where her money is invested. He won.

• Sad
I watched some of the deep dive episodes today.
Britney is a lot stronger than anyone has given her credit for.
I'd honestly have topped myself years ago if I had to continuously live the way she has had to.
Also, are paparazzi totally devoid of human feelings or empathy? How can they sleep at night knowing they constantly harassed her and kept pushing and pushing at her

Reactions: 13
I really truly hope that Britney is able to freely tell her truth at some point in her life.

One of the saddest things I’ve watched. I grew up adoring her she was my idol as a 10/11 year old girl and it’s so sad to see how her live has nosedived. She seems like a lovely person who was taken advantage of during a vulnerable point in her life. Her dad is definitely the instigator behind all this, I wouldn’t be surprised if he pays people off to ensure she stays under this conservatorship. It’s crazy how someone so young can be deemed so unstable they can’t manage their own affairs. As they said in the documentary, she’s okay enough to tour and perform and rake in money, but not well enough to live her own life. They are using her as a cash cow and don’t seem to actually care about her well-being.

It’s shocking how the media asked her such inappropriate questions at such a young age. Asking her if she was a virgin, and talking about her breasts!! It’s crazy no one would ever ask such questions to the young female stars these days. The media were absolutely ruthless and 100% played a part in her downfall. I couldn’t believe the stuff about Justin timberlake and the media basically blaming her for the split. That interview “what did you do that broke his heart” or something like that. I was a bit young at the time to see how awfully she was treated.

One day the truth will out I’m sure of it but for now it’s just so sad to see someone decline the way she is.
When you look back now you realise just how crazy and inappropriate the things are, and they used to be accepted with no eyebrows raised. Christina Aguilera got all those type of questions too. The way Britney was treated when she broke up with Justin Timberlake was also ‘normal’ for the times, but looking back now it is unbelievable.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I watched some of the deep dive episodes today.
Britney is a lot stronger than anyone has given her credit for.
I'd honestly have topped myself years ago if I had to continuously live the way she has had to.
Also, are paparazzi totally devoid of human feelings or empathy? How can they sleep at night knowing they constantly harassed her and kept pushing and pushing at her
I imagine having her two boys has kept her going tbh. Sad to think if she’d never had kids I doubt she’d still be here

So many questions!

That paparazzi who has deluded himself to think she didn’t mind and hadn’t told them to stop 🤦‍♀️
At the time of her breakdown Britney had a pretty twisted relationship with the paparazzi. For a time she saw them as her friends and even seemingly couldn't function in public without their help. They would often settle up for her when she'd walk out of stores forgetting to pay and she even dated one who kept her docile by spiking her food with drugs (something he claims to have been told to do by members of her family).

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
The whole media thing is sad but I also think it's more reflective of the 'past' (even though it wasn't that long ago).
Society has moved forward a fair amount, and had she been having the interviews in the present day a lot of these questions probably wouldn't make it into the interview because society as a whole wouldn't approve of them.
Granted, tabloids and whatever would still discuss it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.