Britney Spears

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t understand why people keep bringing up the Vegas residency. All she had to do is sing and dance every night. How is that a measure as to whether she’s healthy enough to live independently or make reasonable decisions for herself?

Reactions: 3
I don’t understand why people keep bringing up the Vegas residency. All she had to do is sing and dance every night. How is that a measure as to whether she’s healthy enough to live independently or make reasonable decisions for herself?
I think people assume if you’re mentally capable of going out infront of thousands of people every night, interacting with a crowd and singing and dancing for 2 hours then your able to look after yourself. The thing to remember is the extent of the impairment they claim she has. According to them she’s unable to even dress herself every day. It just appears that they’re picking and choosing what she can and can’t do to suit their own agenda and bank accounts.

Reactions: 10
But you don’t need to be mentally capable of anything to be a performing monkey. Apart from following instructions I suppose. It’s not comparable to making financial and safeguarding decisions.

mind you I haven’t seen any papers that suggest she’s not a capable of dressing herself either

Reactions: 1
They’ve got the conservatorship on the basis she has dementia, that’s what’s on the court papers. A dementia sufferer wouldn’t be able to be a performing monkey they wouldn’t remember dance moves or know where they are. Standing on stage infront of that many people would terrify them.

Reactions: 13
I think people assume if you’re mentally capable of going out infront of thousands of people every night, interacting with a crowd and singing and dancing for 2 hours then your able to look after yourself. The thing to remember is the extent of the impairment they claim she has. According to them she’s unable to even dress herself every day. It just appears that they’re picking and choosing what she can and can’t do to suit their own agenda and bank accounts.
Right. Plus why is it when people have breakdowns or other problems they take time out, which includes work? Being able to work is one of the signs of stability and wellbeing for people with mental health conditions. Of course there are people who are classed as functioning, however she has been deemed unfit to look after herself and make decisions. It may be just singing and dancing to some but an unhealthy person would not be able to cope with the demands of a tour, it is physically demanding and requires a lot of stamina. In this case I do not think Jamie Spears is doing anything for her wellbeing, I think its solely for financial reasons and he is abusing the conservatorship. A conservatorship is very unusual and it's usually given or elder people with dementia.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I struggle to believe she has dementia, I think she’d be a bit of a medical marvel if true. However the publicly available legal records are also quite hard to understand and don’t clearly state that she does (from what I can find at least)

I think she’s being taken advantage of by her father and others involved but if I had to guess I’d also put my money on her being seriously mentally ill.

Reactions: 7
If she had dementia she wouldn’t be on stage. She wouldn’t remember the dance moves, the words to the songs etc. It’s disgusting how everyone around her takes advantage of her.

Reactions: 17
I struggle to believe she has dementia, I think she’d be a bit of a medical marvel if true. However the publicly available legal records are also quite hard to understand and don’t clearly state that she does (from what I can find at least)

I think she’s being taken advantage of by her father and others involved but if I had to guess I’d also put my money on her being seriously mentally ill.
She’s 100% mentally ill but so are a lot of people and they aren’t forced to live under conservatorships. I wouldn’t say I don’t believe she’s not mentally ill I just don’t believe the severity that they’re claiming and like you said her dad and others are taking advantage!
I’d be interested to see the difference in her if the conservatorship was transferred over to actual mental health professionals who’s main focus was her health and getting her on the right medication rather than people that only care about making money from her. I think she’d be back in full control of her own life within a year

Reactions: 16
Going to watch Framing Britney later but I fear it will make me cry. I've felt so bad for her for a long time and the way everyone talked about her when she had that initial mental break where she saved her head was utterly horrifying and shows we've not made any real progress from the days of laughing at the inmates in Bedlam.

Reactions: 3
Months of preparation goes into something like that, people made money off the back of someone who is supposedly very unwell. If that was a average person they’d probably be signed off work for the foreseeable

But you don’t need to be mentally capable of anything to be a performing monkey. Apart from following instructions I suppose. It’s not comparable to making financial and safeguarding decisions.

mind you I haven’t seen any papers that suggest she’s not a capable of dressing herself either
Not to mention if you aren’t capable of making every day decisions etc how can you decide if you want to perform every night?

Reactions: 6
Going to watch Framing Britney later but I fear it will make me cry. I've felt so bad for her for a long time and the way everyone talked about her when she had that initial mental break where she saved her head was utterly horrifying and shows we've not made any real progress from the days of laughing at the inmates in Bedlam.
*Shaved her head.

Blasted typos.

This isn't dementia. I have legal guardianship over my father. He has vascular dementia and Britney acts NOTHING like him. The brain eventually deteriorates to a point where it's not just mental acuity. You start losing physical control over things like your muscles. She would not be able to sing and dance, and at this point she wouldn't even know who her father is, let alone have the capacity to ask for him to be removed from the conservatorship.

In my state the compensation for a legal guardian is less than $50 a month and you have to get a court order to be able to pay yourself out of the person's money. What Jaime Spears is being paid may be legal where this was set up, but it seems very excessive.

It's very difficult to take sides without having access to Britney's medical records. The documentary on Hulu makes it seem as if Britney never had a childhood and then was hunted to a mental breakdown by the paps. The parents should not be controlling her estate; the parents are the reason she is in this mess in the first place.

Britney should be recovering in private, her money should be invested so that when this is over she can relax with her children and perform only if she wants. I don't think that is what is happening.

Reactions: 16
You see personally I think that people have run with the dementia thing but the court papers are not as clear as diagnosing her with it. The court which manages her conservatorship usually manages dementia cases rather than other mental illness cases which go through a different court. There is a published document showing someone has ticked a box to say the order relates to dementia placement or treatment and that evidence will follow.
But there is no evidence, and no other information, that I can see anyway

if she did have dementia it would be extremely early onset and wouldn’t progress like an elderly persons dementia.

However I agree that you’d expect some escalation of symptoms in the last 12 years and that I think it's incredible rare for someone to be diagnosed with dementia in their 20s.

Reactions: 4
I haven't read all posts on this. I'm hoping the new documentary Framing Britney is available in the UK soon.

My thought is that if she is that unwell she should not have been performing. I doubt that she has benefitted financially from that work. My gut tells me she is being massively exploited- but l suspect that has always been the case. She was put under such intense pressure from the media in the lead up to the 2008 break down. She has the money to have got help and returned to some form of normality. And yet she is still controlled.

You see personally I think that people have run with the dementia thing but the court papers are not as clear as diagnosing her with it. The court which manages her conservatorship usually manages dementia cases rather than other mental illness cases which go through a different court. There is a published document showing someone has ticked a box to say the order relates to dementia placement or treatment and that evidence will follow.
But there is no evidence, and no other information, that I can see anyway

if she did have dementia it would be extremely early onset and wouldn’t progress like an elderly persons dementia.

However I agree that you’d expect some escalation of symptoms in the last 12 years and that I think it's incredible rare for someone to be diagnosed with dementia in their 20s.
Yes that's exactly how I see the document - it doesnt state that she has dementia and it looks like that box is ticked as there isn't really any other applicable box to tick.

*Sorry if any of this has been said already I haven't read any of this thread, I've just come on quickly for this post, will try and look back on the thread when I can get around to it*
I fell head first into the whole Free Britney movement last night, knew bits and pieces but not to the extent that it's been talked about on this doc.

I genuinely think she was mentally ill back in the day, but her dad and others found a way to run with it and are now uncessessarily medicating her to keep her under control.
I feel that in effect she's possibly a victim of Munchausen by proxy.

Surely if they're holding her under an order that says she's got dementia and it's clearly not dementia, that's surely an unlawful move on their part, but it is more than likely the main reason why they also control her lawyers and council so she can't fight anythin.

Lou Taylor who initially helped Britney's dad to start the ball rolling with the conservatorship, also tried to get Lindsey Lohan's mum to do exactly the same to Lindsey. If that's not ultimate proof that it's just for money then I don't know what is.

And it absolutely hurts my heart that they've used the love for her kids against her.
I'm a mum and I can't even begin to imagine the agony she's in over them boys.
Please god let these people be stopped.
Stop them, let her gain control, and prosecute these fuckers for what they've put her through, including her darling daddy.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
the thing is it’s the court that have mandated this. It’s the court that is judging whether it is a lawful conservership under their authority.
So I don’t see how Jamie could be doing anything unlawful or prosecuted - all he has done is apply for, and keep up, a conservership. It’s been granted by the court. I’m not saying the court don’t get it wrong, or that the court itself is fundamentally flawed, but Jamie is doing this legally. There is obviously a lot we are unaware of.

it’s shocking looking back at the interviews she was subject to as a very young woman. Being asked if she was a virgin, being told she was sexy, her breasts discussed - on mainstream interviews like mtv or chat shows. It was horrific looking back and if she was treated that badly openly I dread to think what went on behind the scenes

the thing is it’s the court that have mandated this. It’s the court that is judging whether it is a lawful conservership under their authority.
So I don’t see how Jamie could be doing anything unlawful or prosecuted - all he has done is apply for, and keep up, a conservership. It’s been granted by the court. I’m not saying the court don’t get it wrong, or that the court itself is fundamentally flawed, but Jamie is doing this legally. There is obviously a lot we are unaware of.

it’s shocking looking back at the interviews she was subject to as a very young woman. Being asked if she was a virgin, being told she was sexy, her breasts discussed - on mainstream interviews like mtv or chat shows. It was horrific looking back and if she was treated that badly openly I dread to think what went on behind the scenes
god I know, I remember her being asked on her preference for bikini waxing, obviously things are far from perfect now but I couldn't imagine a young woman asked such invasive questions now (without being outraged and refusing to answer anyway)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.