Britney Spears

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was shocked when I saw the part when he asked about her virginity, even the woman who said she wanted to shoot her because of her clothes, or was it because she kissed Madonna? As well as being an overreaction, it's actually rather disgusting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Some really disturbing clips in there of pervy grown men mentioning her in a sexual way such as her breasts. I think the creepiest is the clip of when she was ten and that pensioner fella interviewing her was flirting with her about boys and saying what about me. I aren't saying he's a pedalo I am sure it was all harmless him trying to be the boyfriend of a kid but something like that would be called out in this day and age and should have been back then (6 mins 41 seconds part)....

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Yes it was so grim. Diane sawyer was an animal to her also. I know times were different but disgraceful. I can’t blame Justin timberlake really as he was obviously a victim of the same media but what a prick

Reactions: 4
I’ve just found about about this thread thanks to another thread I’m in, I find it all so sad I’ve always loved Britney but it feels like I’m watching her unravel I can’t work out is she being fully controlled or is she just unwell?
I’ve had to unfollow her on Instagram her eyes on those twirling videos it’s so uncomfortable to watch. Has anyone ever seen the film Stepford wives when the robot malfunctions when she’s dancing I get eerily similar vibes.
Me & my sister went to her Piece of me tour in Glasgow and it was quite sad to watch she didn’t look happy or like she was enjoying preforming at all, basically walking backwards and forwards and playing with her hair and the only interaction she had with the crowd was telling us in a posh English accent “ don’t be naughty” I remember jokingly commenting to my sister I wonder if she’s forgot where she is.
We were next to a couple who did the meet & greet and the poor men were practically in tears saying how disappointed they were and how they were worried about her. I really do hope someone helps her but I’ll be honest I can’t see it ending well for her.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I’ve just found about about this thread thanks to another thread I’m in, I find it all so sad I’ve always loved Britney but it feels like I’m watching her unravel I can’t work out is she being fully controlled or is she just unwell?
I’ve had to unfollow her on Instagram her eyes on those twirling videos it’s so uncomfortable to watch. Has anyone ever seen the film Stepford wives when the robot malfunctions when she’s dancing I get eerily similar vibes.
Me & my sister went to her Piece of me tour in Glasgow and it was quite sad to watch she didn’t look happy or like she was enjoying preforming at all, basically walking backwards and forwards and playing with her hair and the only interaction she had with the crowd was telling us in a posh English accent “ don’t be naughty” I remember jokingly commenting to my sister I wonder if she’s forgot where she is.
We were next to a couple who did the meet & greet and the poor men were practically in tears saying how disappointed they were and how they were worried about her. I really do hope someone helps her but I’ll be honest I can’t see it ending well for her.
I was at that in Glasgow as well it was so sad wasn’t it I don’t think she had a clue what country she was in or even what day of the week it was. I found it uncomfortable that every outfit was just a variation of a bra, pants and fishnet tights! It felt really dated. I think times are a lot different now it’s not just the whole sex sells thing which is what it seemed like with Britney with the outfits and the pole and whip. It’s sad she’s just used as a gimmick!

• Sad
I was at that in Glasgow as well it was so sad wasn’t it I don’t think she had a clue what country she was in or even what day of the week it was. I found it uncomfortable that every outfit was just a variation of a bra, pants and fishnet tights! It felt really dated. I think times are a lot different now it’s not just the whole sex sells thing which is what it seemed like with Britney with the outfits and the pole and whip. It’s sad she’s just used as a gimmick!
Oh definitely and the man she pulled up on stage had a really strong accent so kept saying his name wrong. I wouldn’t go and see her again although having said that I don’t think the choice will ever be there again.

Yeah it was really disturbing I felt bad that I had paid money to see her in that state. I felt like I was contributing to the problem, as long as there’s people like me paying money to see her her dad and managers will keep signing work deals for her. I’m glad she’s stood up to them and said she won’t perform again until her dad is off the conservatorship!

They’ve got the conservatorship on the basis she has dementia, that’s what’s on the court papers. A dementia sufferer wouldn’t be able to be a performing monkey they wouldn’t remember dance moves or know where they are. Standing on stage infront of that many people would terrify them.
Is this true? There is no way Britney has/had dementia, if she did at time of papers, then there has been no progression at all.

Personally I think that she had a breakdown (understandably) and her dad just ran with it. I think she’s been drugged and god knows what now so this has probably led to her being mentally unwell and unstable. Her Instagram is so uncomfortable to watch.

I’m mid thirties now but I was a teenager when Britney Spears was dominating the world and the height of her career. I loved her so much and this is deveststing to see and watch this all unfold😢

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Why do women get crucified so much in the media while most men get off scot free??
Like that interviewer in the docu to Britney:
"It ended with Justin, what did YOU do wrong?" Oh so it doesn't take two to tango and it's basically all her fault that they couldn't keep a lasting relationship all because HE wanted to keep his squeaky clean image so he told lies, made a song and video about being the "wronged" man and basically throws her under the bus, but literally not one bad word is said about him in the press for throwing out a tasteless diss about an ex-girlfriend??
He KNEW that if he got there first after their break up and told lies that they would take his side and see her as trash. But what he was forgetting that even if she did talk first, he would STILL have been seen as the victim and she would have STILL been the trash and would have probably been called a liar because that's what the media does to women. To the media women are seen as second class citizens and objects to berate and ridicule CONSTANTLY. They just push them further and further over the edge until they have no choice but to jump. Saw it with Caroline Flack, Sophie Gradon, they literally KILLED Princess Diana for a photo op.
But it's never gonna stop until these goons can be held accountable.
The media circus is absolute BS.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Why do women get crucified so much in the media while most men get off scot free??
Like that interviewer in the docu to Britney:
"It ended with Justin, what did YOU do wrong?" Oh so it doesn't take two to tango and it's basically all her fault that they couldn't keep a lasting relationship all because HE wanted to keep his squeaky clean image so he told lies, made a song and video about being the "wronged" man and basically throws her under the bus, but literally not one bad word is said about him in the press for throwing out a tasteless diss about an ex-girlfriend??
He KNEW that if he got there first after their break up and told lies that they would take his side and see her as trash. But what he was forgetting that even if she did talk first, he would STILL have been seen as the victim and she would have STILL been the trash and would have probably been called a liar.
The media circus is absolute BS.
Funny enough my mum has always blamed Britney’s struggles on Justin breaking her heart, I don’t know if I necessarily believe that but that cry me a river video saga must of been awful for her.

Reactions: 1
Thankfully people have started to see Justin as the trash he is.

I don't know what to think about Britney and the conservatorship. I do have some thoughts though:
- Her life at the end of 2007 was in absolute freefall. Her professional reputation was destroyed (due to her erratic behaviour such as destroying clothes at photoshoots and then walking out). She was being sued by multiple people. She was hemorrhaging money. She was associating with some very dodgy characters and ultimately she was placed under psychiatric hold and lost custody of her children. I don't think you can argue that at least initially, the conservatorship was to her benefit.
- Britney herself has said, going back years to the start of her fame, that she loves her job and always imagines doing it in some capacity. She has also said that she doesn't know what to do with herself when not working. Her work in recent years has been vastly scaled back compared to her 'prime'. Particularly the Vegas residency - that seems almost designed to allow her to make money (she has to somehow find upwards of 50k a month for KFed after all) while having a stable base near her kids and a repetitive easy show that incorporates the part of the job she likes.
- We can only speculate about what her illness is but she has shown signs of ups and downs since 2008. Around the release of Femme Fatale she rapidly gained weight, was extremely lethargic and out of sorts, and threw tantrums of the sets of 2 music videos that led to body doubles being used for the final shots. Something was going on - but halfway through the album cycle she suddenly looked herself again, her old personality was back, and her energy and creativity was much improved.
- Her dad has always been a trouble man and definitely has his own demons, alcoholism for one. I do think his role needs to be reassessed in light of their relationship breakdown, but I really don't think he is out to steal Britney's money and force her to work, or conspiring to make her look crazy. For one, that doesn't make sense. Britney makes money performing - performers need to be insured or the tours won't go ahead. Insurers only work with Britney on the reassurance from the conservatorship that she is stable and managing. They have spent years trying to present her as better - the money disappears if she's not.

Reactions: 8
There wasnt a father/daughter relationship there to begin with. He hardly ever bothered with her until she started getting ill and then come strutting in as the dutiful father that he never was in the first place. Her mum who's always been there and who knows Britney inside out wanted to have control but was told no. Might not be about money for him but could be about being the alpha male, how her behaviour would make HIM look as her father so had to quickly take control of everything, and that's exactly what he has, full control. He even gets say so on when and if she can drive her car! She's not living right now she's merely existing and that's no way for a woman her age to be. He's been in control for 12 years now, surely in that 12 years there would be a plan in place so she can eventually take back control of her life again, to help her as much as they can to help her get back on her feet. But there's no proof of that actually happening. Going to rehab for a few weeks proves nothing, the world and his wife can do that on the regular and it gets you nowhere. She needs proper help to help her gain control of her life again but she doesn't seem to be getting it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Thankfully people have started to see Justin as the trash he is.

I don't know what to think about Britney and the conservatorship. I do have some thoughts though:
- Her life at the end of 2007 was in absolute freefall. Her professional reputation was destroyed (due to her erratic behaviour such as destroying clothes at photoshoots and then walking out). She was being sued by multiple people. She was hemorrhaging money. She was associating with some very dodgy characters and ultimately she was placed under psychiatric hold and lost custody of her children. I don't think you can argue that at least initially, the conservatorship was to her benefit.
- Britney herself has said, going back years to the start of her fame, that she loves her job and always imagines doing it in some capacity. She has also said that she doesn't know what to do with herself when not working. Her work in recent years has been vastly scaled back compared to her 'prime'. Particularly the Vegas residency - that seems almost designed to allow her to make money (she has to somehow find upwards of 50k a month for KFed after all) while having a stable base near her kids and a repetitive easy show that incorporates the part of the job she likes.
- We can only speculate about what her illness is but she has shown signs of ups and downs since 2008. Around the release of Femme Fatale she rapidly gained weight, was extremely lethargic and out of sorts, and threw tantrums of the sets of 2 music videos that led to body doubles being used for the final shots. Something was going on - but halfway through the album cycle she suddenly looked herself again, her old personality was back, and her energy and creativity was much improved.
- Her dad has always been a trouble man and definitely has his own demons, alcoholism for one. I do think his role needs to be reassessed in light of their relationship breakdown, but I really don't think he is out to steal Britney's money and force her to work, or conspiring to make her look crazy. For one, that doesn't make sense. Britney makes money performing - performers need to be insured or the tours won't go ahead. Insurers only work with Britney on the reassurance from the conservatorship that she is stable and managing. They have spent years trying to present her as better - the money disappears if she's not.
I agree with this. She is clearly very unwell, her Instagram posts are painful. She's almost my age, like her I'm a mother of 2, but her posts are more reminiscent of my 12 year old niece. The contrast with Jamie Lynn is striking too, Jamie Lynn talks like an adult with 2 kids.

I don't think anyone using her for money would portray her to be as unwell as she comes across. At the end of the day we'll probably not know the extent of her problems for many years, but I would place a lot on her having drug induced psychosis on top of previous anxiety issues. I've known people who's mental health has been irreversibly damaged by drug use, they are now in and out of psychiatric hospitals, will never work again etc. Its probably only her money and ongoing capacity to make it saving her from that fate. I read she was in considerable debt in 2008.

Finally, her mum's book is an interesting read, there was obviously heavy drug use from what she said. She also talked of Britney as having the manner and understanding of a young child at the time of her original psychiatric hold. That description does remind me of how she comes across on Instagram.

I think as above^ there is a lot more to mental capacity than being able to memorise a few dance routines. For someone of Britneys resource, financially safeguarding herself is a big one.

The sam lufti time showed that she isn’t / wasn’t able to protect herself from the many, many people waiting to take advantage of her and she’s in a very unique position in that she’s extremely rich and Can be used to make more money forever pretty much.
She’s a cash cow and that makes her very vulnerable even without her mental difficulties.

Vegas was easy money- a residency is just that. She only had to perform the same routine night after night for months/ years with little involvement in the sets, staging etc etc. Essentially make ££ as much as you would touring without any of the risk ohassle. It really wasn’t a big ask, even though she clearly wasn’t mentally stable for a lot of it.

Lastly I think, on reflection, that she had a lot more resilience and tolerance to the media than the vast majority of us would have.
We only saw the crazy photos- not the hundreds of paps hounding her, putting her in dangerous situations, making her drive through them etc. Framing Britney many shots of her looking confused and exhausted with it but in her shoes I would’ve been sobbing hysterically and having a panic attack. Obviously it became somewhat normal for her but I don’t think you can underestimate the effect it had.

I have been a Britney fan for many MANY years and have followed her life closely. I would recommend the ‘only the rich’ podcast if anyone wants more info on the ‘breakdown’ she had in 2007/2008. It explains all about the MTV performance & the sectioning when she locked herself in the bathroom.
my heart absolutely breaks for her. I have seen her a few times live and the last time, I was gobsmacked. It literally was a money making scheme. They could have put a robot on stage and no one would have known the difference. Let’s hope she gets the freedom she deserves soon. I hope she manages to escape and spends the rest of her life in happiness

Reactions: 12
Britney has been the main bread winner for her family since she was a young teenager because her dad couldn’t hold down a job to support his family. That’s a lot of stress and responsibility for a child. I think she had post natal depression when the initial breakdown happened. The people profiting from her have then panicked that she won’t be their little cash cow any more and that’s when her dad has swooped in and took control. I really think a conservatorship is unnecessary. There’s plenty of people with mental health issues that are not controlled to the extent she is. Her sons probably have more freedom than she does and they’re still children.

Britney has been the main bread winner for her family since she was a young teenager because her dad couldn’t hold down a job to support his family. That’s a lot of stress and responsibility for a child. I think she had post natal depression when the initial breakdown happened. The people profiting from her have then panicked that she won’t be their little cash cow any more and that’s when her dad has swooped in and took control. I really think a conservatorship is unnecessary. There’s plenty of people with mental health issues that are not controlled to the extent she is. Her sons probably have more freedom than she does and they’re still children.
Exactly it is uneccessary, both the length of time it's gone on for and how it's been allowed to by courts. In all that time they could have really helped her but now they're comfy in controlling her and her assets so duck it we'll do it for as long as we can.
There can be no worse heartbreak than the fear of losing your babies, and I genuinely think thats made it worse on her over the years. That's where it all started to go downhill was when she had to fight for custody from Kevin, even though let's face it he only wanted to fight because he knew how much money she'd have to cough up to him, couldn't be assed with his other kids at the best of times.

Reactions: 9
Funnily enough her wedding to Kevin episode of that god awful show chaotic they did came up on suggested videos on YouTube, ignoring the fact you can practically see the dollar signs lit up in Kevins eyes she looked so happy especially at the end were she’s pregnant with Sean saying how the universe has made dreams come true. Even back then though in 2004/2005 there’s snippets of her saying she was unhappy and she didn’t want to be on tour anymore and how she wanted to go in a different direction than the image of Britney when she first became famous.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.