Bridgerton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I preferred the second half to the first. Feel like there wasn't much Penelope and Colin though 🤔

Reactions: 8
I preferred the second half to the first. Feel like there wasn't much Penelope and Colin though 🤔
Seems to be a bit of a problem post-season 1. Kate and Anthony also didn’t get much screen time together compared to the supporting characters.
I wonder what the show would be like now if the duke and Anthony were still part of the main cast. I don’t know if their characters appear much in the other books, but I feel storylines would be a lot different if they were still around (plus Daphne).

Reactions: 1
that’s ridiculous. Who’s going to wait two years for a new season? Just call it off now lads.
---

Yay. Can’t wait to catch up later
If it's a 2 year wait for each season aren't there like 8 books and they've only done 3 so far? The actors/actresses will age out so they'd have to recast some. I wonder if they should merge books like 2 stories per season. But I've not read the books so I don't know if that's feasible.

Reactions: 5
I’m going to say it: I wasn’t very fond of Antony and Kate this season. I know they have to make excuses for being gone so they travel a lot, then let someone else be Viscount you responsibility shirker. (I know it doesn’t work that way but it’s very annoying)

Kate: all our family are together and happy. Be grateful.

eh no the duck they’re not. Why are they all acting like Daphne doesn’t exist this year? It’s really jarring. She isn’t my favourite character but she’s still an important cast member.

Reactions: 7
I think it's just the reality of this show, actors move on and aren't going to want to just come back just for tiny cameos and a few lines. The writers have to explain their absence somehow.

For season 4 the Featheringtons could be out of it all together, what else can they do. If Nicolas career takes off she may not be back which will also present a lady whistledown problem and the rest of the featheringtons aren't all that interesting

Sorry lads……last night
This gave me the ick about him majorly. I get that many of us have been fooled by their PR chemistry in the lead up, however, these pictures were taken hours before the final 4 episodes even arrived on Netflix. And backgrid are an agency that celebrities call when they want to be photographed, so he has engineered it - she’s only 23 and a university graduate, she wouldn’t have the contacts to engineer a staged pap shot.

It’s like he just could not wait to be disassociated from any suggestions that he was in a relationship with Nicola or fancies her, etc. I’m not sure I can articulate it properly, but it’s like he wanted to say “shows over folks, here is my conventionally attractive and thin girlfriend”.

The contrast between the two of them - Nicola is in a table read for her next show the day after the premiere and he’s calling Deuxmoi to show off his 23 year old girlfriend.

Reactions: 11
I think it's just the reality of this show, actors move on and aren't going to want to just come back just for tiny cameos and a few lines. The writers have to explain their absence somehow.

For season 4 the Featheringtons could be out of it all together, what else can they do. If Nicolas career takes off she may not be back which will also present a lady whistledown problem and the rest of the featheringtons aren't all that interesting
I totally get that but explain it where it should be explained. It makes no sense for Daphne to miss everything with Colin without an excuse and instead of giving one they acted like she didn’t even exist in the first place. It was weird.

Reactions: 6
Or he was just fed up of being forced into role playing and faking stuff for PR? And also wanted to show some respect to his gf by giving her the status and acknowledgement she deserves?

Or he was just fed up of being forced into role playing and faking stuff for PR? And also wanted to show some respect to his gf by giving her the status and acknowledgement she deserves?
Yeah true, but why hide it for 6 months? The leads of queen Charlotte squashed the rumours and came clean about partners almost immediately when the fandom started speculating. He didn’t *have* to go along with it in the extreme way they did. I would have dumped him long ago if I was the girlfriend for that sort of behaviour for a job - Bridgerton would have done extremely well regardless of them PRing a relationship.

Reactions: 3
I totally get that but explain it where it should be explained. It makes no sense for Daphne to miss everything with Colin without an excuse and instead of giving one they acted like she didn’t even exist in the first place. It was weird.
I thought exactly the same and it’s as if the Producers are pissed of with Phoebe turning her back on them so decided to cut her out altogether! It was ridiculous she missed not one wedding but two but they could have easily as written in a reason.

I enjoyed the second half better than the first but rolled my eyes when Francesca met Michaela.

Reactions: 8
Currently halfway through the second half of season 3. Wish someone would send me to the countryside as punishment 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I liked this season. It did feel different from one and two, but not really sure why. I do think there was a distinct lack of love scenes for Polin though - compared to season 1, which felt like it was non stop 👉🏻 🕳 .

Reactions: 4
I think it felt different as it didn't focus as much on one couple. It felt more like a normal series with multiple story threads, no bad thing really

I liked this season. It did feel different from one and two, but not really sure why. I do think there was a distinct lack of love scenes for Polin though - compared to season 1, which felt like it was non stop 👉🏻 🕳 .
definitely lack of sex this season but I’m totally okay with that. While Nicola is a beautiful woman I don’t mind her sex faces convincing and I don’t think they had any chemistry to pull any more off than they did. They barely spent any time together at all the later half of the season.

I thought exactly the same and it’s as if the Producers are pissed of with Phoebe turning her back on them so decided to cut her out altogether! It was ridiculous she missed not one wedding but two but they could have easily as written in a reason.

I enjoyed the second half better than the first but rolled my eyes when Francesca met Michaela.
Article about the change from the book

I wonder why change it at all. Is forced representation good? (I have no horse in this race and I’m only curious.). I liked where Benedict ended up, it makes sense for him as a character as you can tell he’s been fighting something in himself since S1. It feels very forced for Francesca, but that could be just me.

Reactions: 4
So Michael is Michela? This does come out so forced. Where as Benedict made sense.

It would have made more sense for Eloise to be gay and why her and Benedict have their special bond.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I actually think it makes more sense for Francesca's book plot to be gay/bi considering her book love interest is a second partner after her first husband passes. It feels like it could easily be translated to Francesca as a widow doesn't have to remarry and can have her happy ending with her cousin in law who "lives with her".