Bridgerton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ahem. I liked season 3. Sorry.

In my defence, life is a bit tit and I needed some syrupy, period drama bollocks to watch.
I kept feeling guilty for liking it though. So I’ve come to beg forgiveness….

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

In my defence, life is a bit tit and I needed some syrupy, period drama bollocks to watch.
don’t beg! I’m with you. I loved it. It’s not deep- just sweet, light hearted romance and there ain’t nothing wrong with enjoying that!

Reactions: 13
Anyone watched this week’s Dr Who? Husband kept saying is this what Bridgerton is like? Not really, well not till towards the end when they are dancing to a string version of Poker Face!
There’s a distinct lack of shape shifting aliens in Bridgerton 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1

*Steps onto soapboax* we shouldn't feel like we have to feel guilty for liking something just because people love to criticize things seen as soft.

It's one of the things that annoys me a lot. So many people like to mock or criticize corny, sweet, syrupy etc shows and make people who enjoyed them feel like they need to justify why they liked it or like they have to like it in secret or with a caveat. "It's good... You know, for a silly show."

If you liked it, you liked it! Guilty pleasures should just be pleasures ☺

(This is specially relevant if you're a woman, which I don't know if you are. But if I have to hear one more man give their opinion on how flimsy, silly, corny, out of touch with reality Bridgerton is I'll scream. They like Marvel stuff. Is that high brow entertainment? Is that the pinnacle of screenwriting? Is anyone writing think pieces on the men who like superheroes? Nooooo. They can like whatever and it's cool. We have to justify and caveat and hide.)

Rant brought to you by another day in my patriarchal job 😁

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
*Steps onto soapboax* we shouldn't feel like we have to feel guilty for liking something just because people love to criticize things seen as soft.

It's one of the things that annoys me a lot. So many people like to mock or criticize corny, sweet, syrupy etc shows and make people who enjoyed them feel like they need to justify why they liked it or like they have to like it in secret or with a caveat. "It's good... You know, for a silly show."

(This is specially relevant if you're a woman, which I don't know if you are. But if I have to hear one more man give their opinion on how flimsy, silly, corny, out of touch with reality Bridgerton is I'll scream. They like Marvel stuff. Is that high brow entertainment? Is that the pinnacle of screenwriting? Is anyone writing think pieces on the men who like superheroes? Nooooo. They can like whatever and it's cool. We have to justify and caveat and hide.)

Hear, hear. The amount of times I've heard men trashing a good film or tv show because "it's not realistic", while they happily watch sci fi nonsense :rolleyes: pfft

• Heart
Reactions: 14

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Absofuckinglutely.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just found out that I've got a work function after work so I won't get to watch right away 😞 genuinely sad. I had it all planned haha

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Managed to watch episode 5 last night. After all the hype of the mirror scene, it was a bit of a letdown!
Anyway, it’s my day off today so cup of tea and biscuits for breakfast and Netflix is going on now 😂

Reactions: 2
Half way through episode 5 and already its better than most of the first half of the season.

That scene I thought was handled very well and gave quite a good 'first time' example compared to a lot of tv.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Amen!! Liking things like boybands or fun tv shows or romance novels is looked down on but even then if we have other 'male approved' interests we're still expected to prove we can name a whole football team or rock band discography or whatever. Just let people live and enjoy things! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This season has made me feel like next season will be the last. Or there might be a big time jump if there's a season 5.

Binged it in the end this morning. Enjoyed the second half a lot more, but still don't think Pen and Colin have any chemistry or make that interesting a couple.

I’ve just finished S2 and I finally get the love for Kate and Anthony. Shame they had to wait til the final episode to get it together. I didn’t like their hostility towards each other the whole time, it felt more aggressive than sexy. They were cute as an actual couple.

Reactions: 7
I loved Season 3. My fave so far. I love seeing all the growth of the characters. So much I could say but it was truly amazing.

Reactions: 1
Likely a 2 year wait for season 4

that’s ridiculous. Who’s going to wait two years for a new season? Just call it off now lads.
---
Half way through episode 5 and already its better than most of the first half of the season.

That scene I thought was handled very well and gave quite a good 'first time' example compared to a lot of tv.
Yay. Can’t wait to catch up later

that’s ridiculous. Who’s going to wait two years for a new season? Just call it off now lads.
We just have; season 2 was released in March 2022, and now they released season 3 in a completely unnecessary two-parter schedule. This is why I thought they’d hurry things along and bring us season 4 a bit sooner.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
---

Yay. Can’t wait to catch up later
Most series on streamers have very long waits. It's what happens now.

House of the Dragon? Also almost two years.

Even comparatively simpler shows like Trying are taking a long time between seasons.

Bridgerton's season 4 is already confirmed but the long waiting time does make me think they might end it there. Even the kid actors will have aged out of their roles at this rate. S4 in 2026 would mean S5 in 2028 (can't even imagine that far atm), S6 in 2030, S 7 in 2032 and S8 in 2034 😂 that's a decadefrom now. Even big fans like me don't want to wait a decade for something to be completed.

Reactions: 12