Bridgerton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Keira Knightley is my favourite Lizzie Bennet and as much as I love Bridgerton its a pale imitation of Austen but good fun too
1717573878776.png

I liked S1 at the time but S2 Anthony was brilliant. Alot more chemistry. Its almost as though Simon/Rege always thought he was above it where as the rest really got into it with gusto.

Reactions: 9
Agreed, not a Simon fan here either.
I didn’t think he was a very good actor at all. Nowhere near as good as Jonathan Bailey in series 2.
I think Benedict is my favourite.. I hope we get a a season for him!
---
I didn’t really like Daphne either. I found her very shallow and boring.
Agree with all of this!

Agree with all of this!
Same, JB and Nicola are the best actors in the show in my opinion. Luke T was brilliant in a Little Life on stage so suspect he’s brilliant as well when he has more script to go on.

Golda and Ruth are obviously legends but they’re seasoned actors and not the leads.

Reactions: 5
Then I look forward to start S2!

Does Benedict get more of a personality at any point? Apart from being a wannabe bohemian I didn’t quite get the appeal of him..

Reactions: 4
Same, JB and Nicola are the best actors in the show in my opinion. Luke T was brilliant in a Little Life on stage so suspect he’s brilliant as well when he has more script to go on.

Golda and Ruth are obviously legends but they’re seasoned actors and not the leads.
Hard agree with all of this!

Luke T does some great background reactions, I'm looking forward to him hope having a bit more to do!

Reactions: 2

I love both Golda and Ruth (and the wigmaker. Honestly, the wigs are a god deal of why I watch 😂 )

Reactions: 2
I feel like they really wanted Keira Knightley to ply Daphne - her voice and mannerisms are very similar!

Finished the first season. Whoever described Pen as a nice guy to Colin up thread was right. I’m assuming we see more of their friendship in S2, otherwise she’s fallen for him after like two conversations together?
Penelope has known the Bridgertons since she was a child. She's been in love with him forever, basically. It's not based on the conversations we see in S1. She's already in love with him when it starts.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I know it's a new showrunner so things are going to be different, but it would have been nice to see some flashbacks of them younger/getting to know each other...

Reactions: 6
Colins hair changes length in E2 of the new series. Just thought I’d add that nugget of info to the conversation 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Rewatching season 1. Last night I got to the bit where Simon talks to Daphne about touching herself. My boyfriend who “wasn’t watching” and had his back to the tv has never turned into an owl as fast.

IMG_2143.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Series 1 is let down as mentioned above by Daphne being dull as dishwater and Simon is one dimensional. Supporting cast such as the Queen, the featheringtons and the rest of the bridgertons made it. (IMHO similar to Gavin and Stacey where the central two roles are not great but the supporting cast make it)

series 2 I much preferred, chemistry between Anthony and Kate much more palpable. Again, supporting cast are great

series 3 I am enjoying immensely, and more on second watch. I think Polin are great together and chemistry is good. Looking forward to the second half.

Reactions: 11
Series 1 is let down as mentioned above by Daphne being dull as dishwater and Simon is one dimensional. Supporting cast such as the Queen, the featheringtons and the rest of the bridgertons made it. (IMHO similar to Gavin and Stacey where the central two roles are not great but the supporting cast make it)

series 2 I much preferred, chemistry between Anthony and Kate much more palpable. Again, supporting cast are great

series 3 I am enjoying immensely, and more on second watch. I think Polin are great together and chemistry is good. Looking forward to the second half.
Series 3 is the worst in my opinion. Absolutely no chemistry between them.

Series 2 - I felt Anthony had more chemistry with the Opera Singer from Series 1. Kate’s constant frowning face irritated me!

Series 1…it’s that long since I’ve watched it, I can’t remember but I liked it at the time!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I know it’s based on books but it really annoys me, like in Daphne’s case, she was so intent on getting pregnant 😅why are women always portrayed as being desperate for kids? I wouldn’t have minded Simon pulling out all the time…#childfree 🤣

• Haha
Series 3 is the worst in my opinion. Absolutely no chemistry between them.
I have somehow got hooked on watching every single interview and promo the actors have done over the last few months. Bloody hell. Their chemistry is seriously chemistrying. Im not one to ever think actors are dating in real life based on how they promote their shows, but these two have got me convinced 😂😂

Reactions: 3
I have somehow got hooked on watching every single interview and promo the actors have done over the last few months. Bloody hell. Their chemistry is seriously chemistrying. Im not one to ever think actors are dating in real life based on how they promote their shows, but these two have got me convinced 😂😂
I've watched some of the interviews but I don't see it!

Reactions: 3
From how he touched her in THAT carriage scene, I’m pretty sure he had no clue and no real intent of touching a woman’s body which is not conventionally attractive. It was just so extremely awkward, and I’m 100% sure he would have felt a lot more comfortable having to play being attracted to and touching a supermodel.

Reactions: 1
I am delusionally convinced all this red carpet hand holding is going to lead to them outing themselves in a relationship by snogging on the red carpet at the final premiere in London next week. I am aware this sounds absolutely nuts 😝 but I don’t think the PR is PRing in the same way the queen charlotte actors did or like the Sydney Sweeney/Glen Powell PR. It’s beyond what those two leads were doing for PR.
---
From how he touched her in THAT carriage scene, I’m pretty sure he had no clue and no real intent of touching a woman’s body which is not conventionally attractive. It was just so extremely awkward, and I’m 100% sure he would have felt a lot more comfortable having to play being attracted to and touching a supermodel.
It’s odd isn’t it - people are either convinced there’s no chemistry or they’re convinced the chemistry is insane. There doesn’t seem to be any middle ground with the view : “oh yeah pretty good, not explosive but not bad”. I wonder why.

Bridgerton has got me thinking - HOW do people do intimacy scenes without their bodies, um, physically reacting, and getting muddled in their head about their scene partner?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I am delusionally convinced all this red carpet hand holding is going to lead to them outing themselves in a relationship by snogging on the red carpet at the final premiere in London next week. I am aware this sounds absolutely nuts 😝 but I don’t think the PR is PRing in the same way the queen charlotte actors did or like the Sydney Sweeney/Glen Powell PR. It’s beyond what those two leads were doing for PR.
---

It’s odd isn’t it - people are either convinced there’s no chemistry or they’re convinced the chemistry is insane. There doesn’t seem to be any middle ground with the view : “oh yeah pretty good, not explosive but not bad”. I wonder why.

Bridgerton has got me thinking - HOW do people do intimacy scenes without their bodies, um, physically reacting, and getting muddled in their head about their scene partner?
and it MUST be harder doing it with a good friend than a relative stranger. You would already have such a connection with them and really like/love them as a mate….lines must get a bit blurred surely? I don’t know how actors do it!

See, all I see is two people who are hamming it up the press/camera's/fans
I'm not saying they're not close friends, but the PR is PRing

Reactions: 8