Bridgerton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
bleeping hell how many times did she say ‘like’?!

Regarding the friends to lovers storyline.…

Coughlan then said: “But then I was like, I feel like we were holding back our chemistry for two seasons because then, someone was like, ‘How hard was it for you to work on chemistry?’ I was like, ‘Oh, we didn’t have to, it was just there.’”

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Colin's wig/over dyed hair is off-putting. He looks so much more handsome in this series
but he's still a hybrid of a young nicholas hoult in "about a boy" and taylor lautner and of course Rick Astley

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The way they had him done up like Elvis for the episode where he returned was bizarre.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Anyone notice Luke getting roasted in the Deuxmoi instagram post about him having a younger girlfriend ? Yikes. 😦

Reactions: 1
Anyone notice Luke getting roasted in the Deuxmoi instagram post about him having a younger girlfriend ? Yikes. 😦
I mean, they're not wrong. It's a bit icky when you contextualize it like this:

1000112887.jpg

---
Luke Thompson has a girlfriend?!
Harriet Cairns, Philippa Featherington on Bridgerton. Unconfirmed but they do look very cute together in those photos from the VF party.

Sorry but that's quite a childish way to look at it.

Every age gap relationship could be contextualised like that if you wanted.

As long as she wasn't underage when they actually started their relationship , it's no big deal

Reactions: 15
He's hardly the first actor to have a younger girlfriend nor will he be the last!
These folk are just annoyed he's not with Nicola after eating up all the pr stuff...

Reactions: 4
It's not even an actor thing, age gaps both ways for men and women are super common.

Honestly, sometimes the generation coming up sounds very prudish pearl clutching conservative. Almost like it's the 50s again or something

Luke plays Benedict, not Colin!
Luke Newton plays Colin and is the one with the 23 year old gf.

Luke Thompson plays Benedict and is dating Harriet Cairns.

I find it funny to call people childish and conserrvative for not thinking the way you do. Younger generations are way more sensitive about power imbalances that go beyond "oh as long as they were over 18 it's fine. It's been done forever". I am guessing people who bristle about anyone pointing out age gaps are insecure about their own age gap relationships past or present.

Reactions: 5

I find it funny to call people childish and conserrvative for not thinking the way you do. Younger generations are way more sensitive about power imbalances that go beyond "oh as long as they were over 18 it's fine. It's been done forever". I am guessing people who bristle about anyone pointing out age gaps are insecure about their own age gap relationships past or present.
Yes, I got mixed up as someone said he was dating Harriet and I knew that was the one who plays Benedict !

Reactions: 2
Sooo, watched it yesterday and refrained from checking here at all before I had seen it all.

I wasn’t a Colin fan before, the actors for him and Penelope have no chemistry. Overall, I feel like the writers knew it because Colin was featured in so many deliberate “sexy”, scene, it was as if they had to remind us that this is his season and he is hot. Found it very cringe, tbh, he just isn’t sexy and just looks gormless most of the time.
Penelope… no idea, happy for her to get attention, that carriage scene was overly long though and the sex scene with Anthony and Kate was better. At least she is no longer wearing yellow.
That Cressida arc is weird, I don’t know how it is done in the books, but Eloise befriending her is very out of character for her, at least to me, and Cressida is mostly standing around pouting.
Francesca is very beautiful, I think she is meant to be shy and maybe have social anxiety. I felt quite a strong bond with her, I’m the same, but maybe they overdid it a little bit.
Fun how Lady Featherington seems to have found her motherly feelings for Pen and realized how brainless the other two are…..

More general, what is up with the makeup? It’s quite heavily this season and while beautiful it is very different to before.

Nope, never been in one. Its nothing to do with thinking how i do, its them judging others based on leaping to many conclusions with zero information aside age. They have gone way too far the other way and make assumptions about other people's relationships just because of a wider awareness we have in society now. They apply it to every single age gap relationship they see and are reaching conclusions about power imbalances based on age gaps of 5 to 10 years with zero evidence of predatory behaviour, grooming etc.

if he was 50 and she was 20 then maybe they'd have a point. But a decade is such a common age gap, and considering women mature faster than men, it's not exactly eye brow raising to have a guy in early 30s dating a woman in her 20s (and vice versa)

I reckon I’m 50/50 on it. The brain doesn’t stop developing until you’re around 25 so you’re still learning and growing. 8 years isn’t that much if you’re 40 and 32, but, I think it’s a bit different when you’re 31 and 23 with a massive financial and career status imbalance. I remember when I was 23, my bf was 24 and we thought people over 30 were ancient and we wouldn’t have wanted to hang out with them.