Bridgerton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
8 years isn’t that much if you’re 40 and 32, but, I think it’s a bit different when you’re 31 and 23 with a massive financial and career status imbalance.
That is an interesting debate on a thread about a show that gave us Daphne and Simon (21 and 29 per google), who everyone thought were oh so hot.
With you referencing brain development I am more concerned about 16 year olds driving 3t vehicles.

That is an interesting debate on a thread about a show that gave us Daphne and Simon (21 and 29 per google), who everyone thought were oh so hot.
With you referencing brain development I am more concerned about 16 year olds driving 3t vehicles.
Daphne and Simon are fictional characters. The actors who play them are 30 and 36 and have partners in a similar age range with similar financial power.

I agree that teenagers driving is terrifying, hence why there are massive insurance premiums for drivers under 25, at least in England, which only get higher the more powerful the car is. It’s not an either/or, you can worry about teenage drivers and you can raise eyebrows at age gap and power imbalance relationships 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I must be feeling a bit controversial tonight but I kinda think that any 35 year old who is going out with someone who is in their early 20s or younger is more than likely a bit of a weirdo. When I was young I didn't think there was anything wrong with age gaps like that... but I was seeing it through the lens of my young, not-fully-developed brain... and that's kind of the point. Now I'm mid 30s myself it's blatantly obvious to me that we have no business getting into romantic relationships with people who are literally just becoming adults. Obviously people are entitled to disagree.

Back to Bridgerton.. I'm rewatching part 1 and enjoying it more this time around. I think there could be more music & more dancing though! Thats one of my favourite things about Bridgerton and there seems a lot less in this series than 1&2.

Reactions: 13
Different show runner this series from 1&2 so that might be why there are differences in the show.

Reactions: 6
I am a huge Austen fan & all things regency so when Bridgerton was 1st released I was keen to watch. Then the media went crazy about sex scenes so it put me off.
I now find myself with nothing to watch, so have decided to take the plunge and start watching tonight.
Really hope I like it so I can binge all 3 series.
I will have headphones on so the kids don't think I am watching prn & closing my curtains early, so the neighbours don't think the same.
Wish me luck

• Haha
I am a huge Austen fan & all things regency so when Bridgerton was 1st released I was keen to watch. Then the media went crazy about sex scenes so it put me off.
I now find myself with nothing to watch, so have decided to take the plunge and start watching tonight.
Really hope I like it so I can binge all 3 series.
I will have headphones on so the kids don't think I am watching prn & closing my curtains early, so the neighbours don't think the same.
Wish me luck
If it makes you feel better, a friend started watching and said to me: "why didn't you tell me the "spice" was actually pretty mild I'd have watched sooner." It really depends on where you're from and what you're used to. Americans as a whole aren't very used to sex and nudity in "regular" shows, so they're a bit more scandilized.

Reactions: 7
I enjoy it, as an Austen fan I was also a little worried but enjoyed it. Prefer series 2 (and 3 so far) over series 1. Mainly because Rege has one emotion, and that’s an eyebrow raise. Perhaps he would be good for Bond after all - that worked for roger moore 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I've finished the first half of the season. I hate that Netflix have halfed the season it feels rushed and doesn't flow like other seasons.
This is the first season I feel slightly cringe watching it. 🙈
I liked Dahpne and Simon but don't think the two leading actors where great.
I loved Anthony and Kate the build up and tension 👌I also think the actors where much better especially Jonathan Bailey.
Colin and Penelope is meh so far. While I do like Nicola and Luke I find I'm cringing at their scenes.
The carriage scene was a big to do over nothing!
I feel like if I could of continued with the season straight away after the episode it would of settled my cribes but it will be like starting afresh again in June!
I did like the Featheringtons we don't know how to have sex storylines 🤣🤣🙈

Reactions: 14
The new season is so weird. I enjoyed it but I'm not desperate to know what happens next - it seems quite obvious what's going to happen? I don't think I've ever watched a two part show where there wasn't at least some air of mystery or cliffhanger that makes you want to watch the next part to find out what happens. Unless Colin finds out Penelope's secret (unsure if 'spoilers' allowed here) and that ruins the whole thing but there was nothing to suggest that either. Rather odd.

Reactions: 5
The new season is so weird. I enjoyed it but I'm not desperate to know what happens next - it seems quite obvious what's going to happen? I don't think I've ever watched a two part show where there wasn't at least some air of mystery or cliffhanger that makes you want to watch the next part to find out what happens. Unless Colin finds out Penelope's secret (unsure if 'spoilers' allowed here) and that ruins the whole thing but there was nothing to suggest that either. Rather odd.
If they follow the book and they probably will on this based on the snippet we got of Part 2, everyone finds out Penelope is Lady W, and it does cause friction with Colin and everyone. In the end it is a show based on a romance and the genre guarantees a happy ever after or a happy ending for its characters so in that sense, it is never going to have the cliffhanger of a thriller or whatever. Which is why they should not have split the episodes up but they wanted to extend the hype 🤷🏻‍♀️

I don't enjoy the sex scenes, it's try- hard (show me a passionate snog if you must) I prefer the will they/won't they tension and sharp put downs

I don't care about someone eating someone's foof.

• Haha
Sooo… those sex-uneducated Featherington husbands….
How do they not know how to have sex? I get that women seemed to have often been left clueless, which must have been a right shock during their wedding night, but the other men are always portrayed as having sex left and right before marriage.

If they follow the book and they probably will on this based on the snippet we got of Part 2, everyone finds out Penelope is Lady W, and it does cause friction with Colin and everyone. In the end it is a show based on a romance and the genre guarantees a happy ever after or a happy ending for its characters so in that sense, it is never going to have the cliffhanger of a thriller or whatever. Which is why they should not have split the episodes up but they wanted to extend the hype 🤷🏻‍♀️
I must admit I’ve not read the books 😬 so I tend to have no idea what’s going to happen with this show, I didn’t realise it would always be a happy ending (although now you’ve pointed it out it does make sense!) hopefully the second part picks up a bit then

After rewatching the 3rd season: much prefer it to the 2nd, which was sooo stretched out and boring and cringey. The wedding already
busted, but we get yet another tiring round of ups and downs between Anthony and Kate. 🥱

I quite enjoyed the underdog-lovestory, in contrast to the slick diamonds of the seasons and alpha males in S1 and S2.

For me, the actor of Colin is surely not oscarworthy, but captures the hesitant, a bit lost, „beta“ rich boy quite well. (Except the stroking cheek in carriage-moment. This shouldn’t have made the cut!)

Concerning his looks: might not be as conventionally hot as Anthony/Simon, but the audience wouldn’t buy „the chubby girl“ getting paired with one of those two.

I found Penelope and Debling an even nicer pairing though.

Reactions: 8
I don’t get the debling love, he seemed a right bore and then said he would put his work about love!

I’m massively late to the game; just started watching S1 after seeing all the promo for S3. I’m enjoying it way more than I expected to!

Have to say though; the Duke is definitely the kid of guy I would’ve fallen for in my late teens/early 20s, but who 30 something me sees as a walking red flag.

The blowing hot and cold that keeps you hung up on the small flirty moments and then the silent treatment where you can’t understand what you did wrong. And then secretly hoping for the impassioned declaration of love where they reveal they were only ignoring you because they love you so much they don’t feel worthy of you.

When really they’re just an emotionally unavailable man child with communication and commitment issues 😂

Reactions: 19
I’m massively late to the game; just started watching S1 after seeing all the promo for S3. I’m enjoying it way more than I expected to!

Have to say though; the Duke is definitely the kid of guy I would’ve fallen for in my late teens/early 20s, but who 30 something me sees as a walking red flag.

The blowing hot and cold that keeps you hung up on the small flirty moments and then the silent treatment where you can’t understand what you did wrong. And then secretly hoping for the impassioned declaration of love where they reveal they were only ignoring you because they love you so much they don’t feel worthy of you.

When really they’re just an emotionally unavailable man child with communication and commitment issues 😂
amen, I was not a fan of Simon and it put me off Bridgerton for the most part.

Reactions: 3
Agreed, not a Simon fan here either.
I didn’t think he was a very good actor at all. Nowhere near as good as Jonathan Bailey in series 2.
I think Benedict is my favourite.. I hope we get a a season for him!
---
I didn’t really like Daphne either. I found her very shallow and boring.

Reactions: 12
I feel like they really wanted Keira Knightley to ply Daphne - her voice and mannerisms are very similar!

Finished the first season. Whoever described Pen as a nice guy to Colin up thread was right. I’m assuming we see more of their friendship in S2, otherwise she’s fallen for him after like two conversations together?

Reactions: 1