Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lalalanded

VIP Member
It's like when you beat one boss on Mario only to have to beat a worse one on the next level. 😂

I shudder at the thought of Gove being PM.
I'm sure if you look up 'sinister' in the dictionary, there's a picture of Gove. He makes my blood run cold as does his wife. But if it does happen he'll have to make sure his daughter stops trying to score weed on TikTok.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Iain Lee said on Twitter that when he was in the jungle with Stanley, Stanley insisted on sitting in a throne designated for camp leader, even when he wasn’t camp leader and said that no one could tell him what to do. I think that kind of sums him up. An entitled, arrogant misogynist just like his son.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Reverend

VIP Member
I think a lot of people secretly hanker for the ‘good old days of the Empire’. Not realising the damage that colonialism did. For example most of the trouble in the Middle East can be traced back the us Brits interfering. It wasn’t just us, France, Belgium, Spain etc all had colonies as well, but ours stretched further and seems to have left a bigger mess in places. Im convinced this is what Brexit was about. A certain kind of person who doesn’t realise the world has changed and we don’t call the shots anymore, and who object to ‘being told what to do by foreigners’. They are the kind of people who go on holiday to Spain and eat fry ups and roast dinners in British pubs, never trying the local cuisine. We all know the type.
I remember a guy telling me he was leaving for spain because there were too many foreigners here who didn;t integrate or learn the language. I asked him if he spoke spanish, he got so red in the face and I thought he was going to hit me!!!!!

• Haha
  • Wow

pinkrobot

VIP Member
Is that how things work at that high a level ? I thought that's what the boardroom and entourage of advisors were for ?(working out finances)... there's so much to make of the whole thing tbh. Boris's relationship with Carrie comes across a really fickle from the outside I think he'd get rid of her quicker than Cummings ,she must hold a lot of dirt on all of them ,you have to ask yourself are we seeing what they want us to see (remember Cummings is a spin doc) why did he leave by the front door like that and not quietly sneak out the back entrance like so many before him ,would their relationship crumble after a couple of days of bickering when Boris fought so hard to keep him earlier in the year ? or has Cummings decided he'll take the hit for all of Boris's blunders throughout the year as he was apparently leaving anyway and turn the country back in Boris's favour , and distract from the "no deal" backtracking now that Biden will run the show and is totally against that idea...or on the other hand was he out to secretly ruin Boris and was the cause of the mess throughout the year, a missed call there a lost document ,small things that slipped under the radar but had a big impact on the running of the country during the pandemic...either way it's making for a good distraction from all the shits that happened in this " lost year".
I was thinking exactly the same. Alistair Campbell was talking earlier about all the various different ways to get in and out of No.10. There are ways you can leave the building very discreetly. It was entirely staged and deliberate for Cummings to be seen with a great giant bloody box doing his best Peggy from Mad Men impression. God knows what it all means but the visuals had been well thought through.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I think a lot of the Boris supporters were probably racist, homophobic and misogynistic themselves. Thats why they don’t care what he’s like.

• Heart

Corbyn'sCat

Chatty Member
I think there's a marked difference between the ignorant piccaninnies comment which is a result of his ridiculously privileged upbringing and the remarks that he made about Muslim women which were deliberate and designed to appeal to the racist scum whose votes he was so desperate for. Let's not forget that Boris is no stranger to changing his stance for popularity. He was a remainer up until he realised that he was more likely to win votes by switching sides. He's a terrible, unprincipled human being but even his own siblings didn't recognise the derogatory comments about Muslims as being really him. He's savvy enough to know that what the knuckledraggers want is "one of us" and unfortunately anti Islamic sentiment is one sure fire way of winning their support.

Last edited:

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Cummings is probably a psychopath and doesn’t think he’s done anything wrong. That’s why he hasn’t resigned, he doesn’t care and doesn’t give a shit what the general public think of him. He’s a very shady character and reminds me of a Bond Villain.

Reverend

VIP Member
Then there's Michael Gove, who said in Guardian Education that Labour were liars for saying Tories would get rid of Education Maintenance Allowance if they won the election, and then Tories did take away EMA when they won the election. Now that liar is leading us out the EU.
Gove is, if possible, even more loathsome than the liar Johnson. He made a speech saying that if any teacher is found using or in possession of cocaine they should be sacked. It came out a couple of years later that he had been an enthusiastic user of the colombian export, but only admitted when a book came out about him.

• Angry
  • Wow

Hugo

Tony Blair was the best prime minister of my lifetime. He fucked up over Iraq, and that sadly overshadows all the good his government did like introducing the minimum wage, devolution etc. I’d take him back over everyone we’ve had since in a heartbeat.
Is it too much to ask for a decent PM who neither fillets the country for his mates, nor bombs the crap out of innocent people abroad. Is the bar that low?

hypoharpy

Why did he end up as the PM?
Because underneath his buffoonery he is totally ruthless. Inept ,entitled but totally cutthroat. He'll be using the PM job (as they all do) to make his future very comfortable.
I can't even stand to hear him speak .He talks so far back and says nothing of any use.Waste of space.

lalalanded

VIP Member
It would appear so - Westminster Cathedral. How they swung that for a third marriage I have no idea.
God the hypocrisy is revolting. So many divorced people have not been able to marry in the Catholic Church but this loser............... rules just don't apply.

• Angry
  • Sad

PeteM

VIP Member
Evil man that has the blood of 50'000 deaths on his hands. Tony Blair has the blood of over a million people that were killed directly or indirectly by the war in Iraq and now makes millions from the middle East as a peace envoy and speaches. He bought in tuition fees, got hospitals into decades of debt for new buildings and made car parking charges surge.

Tony Blair is just as self serving as any Tory. He bought 40+ buy to let properties to feather his own nest and then used his power to keep this portfolio high.
Still better than Tory cunts in power.

Not denying what you said, but there's no point being utopian. You have to be realistic. The fact is that life in the UK was better under Labour.

It was always clear to me how the Tories would act unfettered by the EU. Wait until Brexit kicks in in January.

This country is completely and utterly fucked.

glasgow27

VIP Member
I am so ashamed of this country.
It's kinda sad to look back at events like the 2012 Olympics now when there was real pride in the country, how has that all went in the bin in the space of less than a decade?

British exceptionalism was always a problem but it's now gone too far and too much hatred is being breed against anyone non-British, it's sickening.

I hope we don't face a similar situation to America at some point.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Corbyn'sCat

Chatty Member
Tony Blair is a bloody odd one. I truly believed he was a good PM for the first few years... Until he got into bed with Bush.

• Heart

lalalanded

VIP Member
Its unsurprising unfortunately. Brought up with a sense of entitlement, that they should and do get what they want in life, because that's what their parents are paying for.
It goes further than that though. The girls at JAGs have complained about the rape culture at Dulwich College and the Headmaster is deliberately trying to silence them. So these boys are not only growing up treating women as throw away objects for their own pleasure but also that they system will always look after them.

A friend of mine had a son at Winchester and another boy tried to rape him. When they complained her son, the victim, was pressured into leaving. Is it any surprise we have a bunch of psychopaths in charge?

• Sad
  • Wow