Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

The King in the North

People are saying she's lying. If you were going to lie about having sex with someone, you'll probably not pick someone who looks like an unwashed tramp.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
If I was in my 20s, I'd be long gone out of this shitehole.
Me too, before Covid I was seriously considering leaving the U.K. I think we are living in a dying country, Scotland will leave within ten years, Wales in 20-25 and NI will probably become part of the ROI.

Mind you it could be worse, we could be in the USA. That really is a shit show.

Reverend

VIP Member
What do they call him? Is it idiot by any chance
No, his real first name is Alexander, and his 'friends' call him Al (Insert Paul Simon joke here).

Btw, he isn't the first PM not to use his first name.
Harold Wilsons first name was James.
James Callaghan's is Leonard
Gordon Brown is James too. Really. It is. 'I feel good, doo doo doo doo, I knew that I would.......'

And Enoch Powell's was John.

• Haha
Well he can't afford £3000 takeaways a month, holidays or a nanny (like most normal people!!) but she's got all those. I'm suspicious about the 2022 wedding date. She's turning into a complete liability and I seriously doubt he wants to get married again.
I don’t mean to single out this post at all but it bugs me that Carrie Symonds is repeatedly painted as this Machiavellian figure when what she is is just an ambitious woman who’s evidently adept at pulling levers to get ahead - making her absolutely no better or worse than the men in the circles in which she moves.

it pulls my head off that she’s seen as scheming, ruthless, devious when it is the man whom she is marrying who is the much greater concern to the actual lives of people living in the UK right now.

rant over.

Reactions: 13

liar liar

VIP Member
To be honest I know it sounds stupid to non Catholics, but the Catholic Church take the sacraments very seriously. I dont even go to church anymore but still felt I needed to get married in church ( to my atheist husband 😄) and the amount of rules you have to follow- marriage classes, Catholic witnesses, annulment etc not to mention divorcees not being allowed to take Communion, it's a bit galling that serially married BoJo gets to marry in the centre of Catholicism in England. The Archbishop should be explaining why.
Because ultimately Catholicism is about power and powerful people are always accommodated.

• Sad

Nottsgirl

Chatty Member
I’ve been thinking about this story today, and while it obviously comes as no surprise, I’ve been thinking about how if this was any other politician, not least the prime minister, this would be a career ending bombshell. If not that then it would at least be a huge story. What does it say about Boris as a person that we all just shrug it off and go “oh typical Boris”? It’s mental when you remove yourself from the cult of personality that surrounds him and remember he’s the prime minister of the bloody country!

• Sad

Reverend

VIP Member
Does anyone else think that the reason for a man's downfall is choosing the wrong partner, look at Boris and Harry. It is so important to chose the right partner. I say that as someone who chose the wrong man, now divorced. He ruined a lot in my life, but I have done my best to rise above it....and not feel bitter, you just have to rise above it.
I don;t think he chose Carrie. Carrie chose him. Johnson just sees women as fuck objects, but she got pregnant, and he was lumbered with her.

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
Carrie is now the comms director at the Aspinall Foundation (currently under investigation by the Charities Commission, just sayin). My daughter works there and says that when Carrie came to visit (because obvs she wont be on site every day, of course not) she was very dismissive to staff. Not impressed.

Reverend

VIP Member
Sorry to sound like a holier than thou, but I always vote, even if the candidates aren't amazing and even when its pointless (i.e. Police Commissioner). In many countries people don't have the option to vote, and secondly, if you don't vote, there is a chance someone like the BNP / Reform etc. might get elected.

I do respect other peoples views.

• Heart

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
Revenge a dish best served cold and all that. Although, sadly, I do think that BloJo could stamp on puppies and kittens in the street, and 'everyone' would say oh that's Boris, it's just his way etc etc. :sick:

Yes and they hate it when the Spanish speak Spanish in Spain and can't understand why the "Frogs" speak French.
I know someone who went to Magaluf on holidays and complained in writing to Thomas Cook that it was “too Spanish”. Not a friend, I had the misfortune to sit next to her at work until I asked to be moved.

• Haha
  • Wow

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
Boris has just created another vacancy?

Seriously, why would any woman want to marry him; with his track record.
It is not like he even has any money, all those kids he has to pay for.

Not that I would marry a man for money, just saying...

• Haha

glasgow27

VIP Member
With Brexit + COVID costs, I'm struggling to see a future for me here in the UK as someone of a younger generation. I'd hate to live in a foreign country but it almost feels inevitable at this point. I guess I should just find a Scandinavian guy to marry and head over there.

• Haha

Pavlova4

New thread for the man that's looking more and more like a ghost with each day. Will he still be able to cast a shadow come Christmas?

Sometimes you get exactly what you want in life, then find it a living hell that you can't wait to worm out of.

I bet Theresa May wakes up every day with a spring in her step

The current government are only there on the back of Brexit. Going along with Brexit was the only way Boris could be PM.
All the anti EU Tories lie and talk nonsense, but no media cares. When Boris was foreign secretary he didn't know basic foreign policy history. The media made a massive fuss when he said a dumb unimportant comment on a TV show, but media didn't care when he said on the same show that there wasn't a vote on the 2nd war against Iraq, when more Tory MPs had voted yes to it than other parties. That means he either puts on a clown act to get away with telling lies and the media is in with him. Or him and the media are stupid.
Boris is a man who shacked up with his pregnant girlfriend in No 10, with a string of previous women he got pregnant and treated badly including his wife, he was still married to while living with the girlfriend, and USA citizen Murdoch owned Sun make him out to be a trustworthy man.

Then there's Michael Gove, who said in Guardian Education that Labour were liars for saying Tories would get rid of Education Maintenance Allowance if they won the election, and then Tories did take away EMA when they won the election. Now that liar is leading us out the EU.

As an English person, I'm jealous Scotland have the chance of a brighter future with another vote to leave the UK, to become a separate nation in the EU. Devolution has already allowed them to counteract Tory policies, so Scottish people can have free prescriptions and university, while English students are around £50,000 in debt. They vote for politicians who want to be like the rest of north Europe, instead of a USA state, like with England, with an economy based on little else than being closely linked with USA banks encouraging greed and debt, so the economy crashes every few years when many can't pay back the debts they're encouraged to live on.

• Heart

Traazers

VIP Member
Nothing to add other than this picture in the DM today made me laugh out loud at my desk

1601294767011.png
1601294787804.png

• Haha
  • Sick

Moley1

Chatty Member
And then, like I said, goes on to do and say absolutely nothing of any value for the rest of the week! Sorry but both Sir Keir and Sidekick Crayons are a total waste of time. I'm almost missing Corbyn and McDonnell, at least you heard from those two outside of PMQs.
Starmer has been travelling around the country talking to us “ordinary people” and listening to concerns. There have been plenty of televised interviews with him calling out the government for their poor handling of the pandemic. You are not likely to see him on the front pages of the right wing press because it is clear he is more of a PM than Johnson will ever be. Johnson is digging a very large hole for himself. The opposition are letting him bury himself.