Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lalalanded

VIP Member
Tony Blair is a bloody odd one. I truly believed he was a good PM for the first few years... Until he got into bed with Bush.
So many mixed feelings............ I grew up in the 90s and after the greyness of the 80s, the UK seemed like a utopia of opportunity where the world was our oyster. And yes, that was down to a (new) Labour government. Someone could write a thesis on what went wrong, I still don't know what the hell happened and how we ended up where we are now. All I know is when I think of where we will be in five years time I literally shudder. And Tony Blair seems like an entirely different human being to the young charismatic 'saviour' people cheered for in 1997 (must go now, I'm going to start crying).

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
Carrie used to be good friends with my ex, they went to university together (this was 2009) so she has been on my radar for a while. I'm pretty sure it's known now but she had an affair with Zac Goldsmith when she worked for him. She knows fine about Boris' affairs, it's obviously a poorly kept secret but she's only with BJ for the status and I don't think she has any real feelings, believe me she is just as bad and probably has her own man on the side. Always makes me laugh when people think she's got to where she is due to intelligence/hard work - the reality is, she's just very well-connected and (I hate saying this but it's true) slept her way to where she is now.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
The Cummings Castle Eyetest saga perfectly represented the contempt and disregard the Tory government holds for the UK population.

Reactions: 18

MadameOvary

Chatty Member
God it’s being a long haul this.

Matt Hancock isn’t coming out of this at all well.
Friend of mine has worked with him in setting up some parts of the covid response. 'Utterly wet and in over his head' is their opinion.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18

MorrisseysCat

Johnson and Gove are so vile, it's making me miss ol' Hameron. I couldn't agree with any of his policies but he was a capable politician.
HEAR HEAR! Loathed Cameron at the time but looking back it was a golden age of capability. Johnson has clearly spent his whole life getting by on his boyish charm and suddenly in his mid 50s and with a real job to do his charms are failing him. The man is a disgrace and is sullying the name of the Tory party for the decent politicians. I’m no Conservative and I would rather eat glass than vote for them but even I can concede that there are good, decent, hardworking MPs on that side of the house.... Boris and his ilk are making a joke of those politicians. Thank God Ken Clarke is gone now; his disappointed face every time Boris did something new to let himself down was heartbreaking.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

tapzilla

If the rumours are true, it's definitely not stopped the philandering. I'm wondering if he has overstayed his welcome and a coup is underway tbh. He seems absolutely neutered at the moment. I think the social distancing measures in Parliament means that he can't play to the gallery now and he is looking very much like the emperor's new clothes. Just nine short months ago he was a guaranteed votes winner and now he just looks like a liability. Normally, I'd be jumping for joy but with every new leader, it just gets worse doesn't it?
It will have made it more difficult, being PM means he can't just slip his close protection officers like he did while foreign sectary so
he could party with a Russian Oligarch in Italy. I hope the Russia report comes back to bite the Tory Party, they can't seem to stop themselves
from accepting cash from Russian Oligarchs. The Tory Party that we knew and loathed died with Brexit. What's taken it's place is a raging storm of sycophants and morons. Brexit Party in all but name in other words.

Even if Johnson could play to the gallery, Starmer would have still nailed him. Lying is fine when your opposite number is utterly useless at leading a party. But Starmer is not. As for Cameron ? I hate him, he's the reason that Brexit is happening at all and that Johnson's path to number 10 opened up. Osborne was alive to the risk of losing, but Cameron went ahead anyway. Johnson won the election by lying about getting Brexit done with the bonus of having a poor opposition leader in the shape of Corbyn. Corbyn could make Mr Bean look competent.

I'm sure if you look up 'sinister' in the dictionary, there's a picture of Gove. He makes my blood run cold as does his wife. But if it does happen he'll have to make sure his daughter stops trying to score weed on TikTok.
No, you'd see Rupert Murdoch pulling Gove's strings.

Well seeing as Labour are now ahead in the polls the end must be nigh for Johnson?
If the polls start putting Labour consistently ahead of the Tory Party, then I expect Johnson will be toast, before he can
swan off in January saying "I got Brexit done, I'm off" aka leave before the poop hits the fan. Especially if it's a No Deal.

Johnson and Gove are so vile, it's making me miss ol' Hameron. I couldn't agree with any of his policies but he was a capable politician.
Cameron wasn't that capable, he didn't pay too much attention to Lansley's Health and Social Care Bill until late in the game.
He was so panicked by it, he had to hurriedly water it down. He left May to her own devices, she survived many a screw up at the Home Office that sunk a lot of previous Home Sectaries. Whatever you think of Blair and Brown, they are giants compared to Cameron, May and Johnson.

• Heart

QuirkyFlamingo

VIP Member
Theresa may must be loving life this year. And we all thought brexit was bad...!!
I’ve thought this for a while. It must give her great satisfaction, watching him prove that she isn’t the most incompetent PM we’ve ever had!!

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
I'm so fucking angry about the whole Cummings shit show. I'm not sad he's leaving but I'm sad that he had the arrogance not to leave sooner after he devastatingly undermined the whole lockdown and made us out to be bad for questioning it (doing what any decent father would). I won't forgot the cut and paste tweets either from the senior Torys either.

• Heart

lalalanded

VIP Member
I'm hearing Johnson will resign in April. Honestly, I've really had enough. They're just going to burn this country to the ground and run off. What a disgraceful period of political history this has been.

• Angry

Corbyn'sCat

Chatty Member
She has struck a goldmine. Ex-PM's generally end up quite wealthy. Well, all the post-war ones (with the exception of Harold Wilson who developed Alzheimers not long after he resigned) have.
Ah but I think that Bawjaw has cottoned on that his popularity is waning fast and he's probably not going to be able to generate a cast income from after dinner speeches etc. He's so bad that he's made Theresa May seem capable. It doesn't bode well for his post PM future.