Books! What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mentioned a sky full of stars by Dani Atkins on here before, it’s 99p on kindle right now if anyone is interested.
I love her books I ordered that as well last week. If you like her you might like Paige toon books I’ve read all of hers and love them

Reactions: 1
@Oohthedrama you might like Sophie ranalds books too. There is sorry not sorry . It’s not you it’s him and no we can’t be friends. Those three all follow on from each other and have similar characters. I enjoyed them just light chick lit 🥰🥰

Finished The Waiting Room by Emily Bleaker last night and it was brilliant, I cannot recommend her books enough. About to start Our Little Lies by Sue Watson now. The Sister In Law by the same author was a great read so I'm excited to see if this is as good.

Im not as fast as you all but I usually have an audio book and a kindle book going at the same time. Sometimes an actual book too. I listen to loads of Podcasts which eat into my reading time.

I finished My Dark Vanessa on Kindle this morning. I dont know if Ive fully digested it yet, its quite bleak really isnt it but I think its really well written from Vanessas view. Ive recently read Three Women by Lisa Taddeo (which is a non fiction book about 3 womens sex lives / romantic lives) and one of the women in the book had been groomed by her teacher. I could see some similarities between Vanessa and her, especially the effect on there long term life. However unlimitately the real life woman pressed charges in the end.

I also finished Dolly Alderton - Everything I know about love on Audible. It wasnt great. Shes a similar age to me so I related to some of the book but overall it didnt grab me.

Ive just bought Shuggy Bain on Audible so it should keep me going this month, I dont usually buy fictional books on Audio but Ive been wanting to read this for a while.

Reactions: 3
I love her books I ordered that as well last week. If you like her you might like Paige toon books I’ve read all of hers and love them
I loved Paige Toons older books, her latest ones (much like sophie kinsella) just seem different in a way, Johnny be good and baby be mine we’re books I read when they first launched and I adored them!! I want another instalment 😂😂 (not the YA spin off)

@Caffeine Fiend Please let me know how you find Shuggy Bain; it’s been on my ‘want’ list for ages. ☺
I will, have listened to the first chapter already. Its a long one, over 17 hours! :)

I don’t get the hype, I was very disappointed, it’s not bad, but nowhere near as good as the reviews.
It really wasnt that great. Im glad she's gone to therapy though as it definitely seems like she needed it!

I don’t get the hype, I was very disappointed, it’s not bad, but nowhere near as good as the reviews.
Me neither. I'm tempted to read Ghosts as I've heard people hype that but I'm not sure if it will be more of the same and it's over £8 on Kindle.

Daisy Jones and The Six is 99p for Kindle on Amazon if anyone is interested.

Have I said this about 22 times. Yes.....

But I love this thread 😍😍😍

ibooks updates it’s new releases on a Monday, and I have NEVER TOLD ANYONE HOW MUCH I LOVE MONDAY’S FOR THAT 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 7
Sorry I haven't posted for a few days. I really struggled to get through this book and refused to give it up. I have finally finished it this afternoon!

I brought When he finds you by Sadie Ryan for £2 on Amazon. The blurb sounded really good and I do love a good thriller. I would give this 2 maybe 2.5 stars out of 5. I did manage to finish it and I did like the ending. But I found the writing a bit meh. Main character used a description which was used by another character in the next chapter. Also it was very strange going back to a paper back after my last few kindle books haha.

For amazon first reads this month I ordered A deadly influence by Mike Omer.

I will probably pick up a new kindle book tonight/tomorrow. No titles particularly shouts out to me right now so I will see how I feel later.

Shuggie Bain was one of the best books I read last year. Douglas Stuart is also an absolute darling. But I did cry buckets at it. Not the best book to read when you've not long given birth 😬

His next book is supposedly set in Glasgow and a love story between two men across the sectarian divide. Cannot wait.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Me neither. I'm tempted to read Ghosts as I've heard people hype that but I'm not sure if it will be more of the same and it's over £8 on Kindle.

Daisy Jones and The Six is 99p for Kindle on Amazon if anyone is interested.
Daisy Jones and the Six is fabulous. Highly recommend it.

Reactions: 2
I just finished A Deadly Influence by Mike Omer - my Amazon First Reads pick for this month. I really enjoyed it! I was hooked from the first chapter onwards and although it’s probably about 75 pages too long, I was gripped right through. Lots of twists and turns and I gasped out loud countless times as I read on. If it had been a little shorter to keep the pace up it would have been 5 out of 5, but I’m going to go for 4.5.

Reactions: 4
I've read All our Lies by Sue Watson today. Gripped from the onset, very uncomfortable at times and I guessed part of the ending. Gave it 4 out of 5 stars.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.