Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bubbletea123

VIP Member
I have a huge list on Goodreads that I have read, will share the highly rated ones here.

1. Becoming - Michelle Obama
  2. Me Before You series - Jojo Moyes
  3. The Woman In The Window - AJ Finn
  4. Into Thin Air - Jon Krakauer
  5. Homes. A Refugee Story - Abu Bakr Al Rabeeah
  6. When The Moon Is Low - Nadia Hashimi
  7. Everything All At Once - Katrina Leno
  8. Love, Hate and Other Filters - Samira Ahmed
  9. Fat Girl On a Plane - Kelly Devos
  10. A Dog's Purpose series - Bruce W Cameron
  11. The Finishing School - Joanna Goodman
  12. The Home For Unwanted Girls - Joanna Goodman
  13. The Tattooist of Auschwitz - Heather Morris
  14. The Trials of Morrigan Crow - Jessica Townsend
  15. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs
  16. The Hate You Give - Angie Thomas
  17. Furiously Happy - Jenny Lawson
  18. The Secret Life of Bees - Sue Monk Kidd
  19. 1984 - George Orwell
  20. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo - Taylor Jenkins Reid
  21. The German Girl - Lucas Correa
  22. The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood
  23. Behind Closed Doors - BA Paris
  24. Firefly Lane - Kristin Hannah
  25. Big Little Lies - Liane Moriarty
  26. The Woman in Cabin 10 - Ruth Ware
  27. Surviving Scientology - Leah Remini
  28. When Breath Becomes Air - Paul Kalanithi
  29. The Nazi Officer's Wife - Edith Beer Hahn
  30. Where Am I Now? - Mara Wilson
  31. Elizabeth Is Missing - Emma Healey
  32. Cormoran Strike series - Robert Galbraith
  33. The Snow Child - Eowyn Ivey

• Heart
Reactions: 18

hrh89

VIP Member
I’m a fully grown adult but I just ordered some Jacqueline Wilson books 😂 Her books were my life growing up and I’ve been desperately craving that childhood nostalgia to take my mind off things in my life. Anyone remember the Girls In Love/Out Late/Under Pressure series? I lived through those books growing up and kept feeling such an urge to read them again. So I am

• Heart
Reactions: 17

GiggleBee

VIP Member
I've just finished 'the Tattooist of Aushwitz' (I hope that's spelt right, if not I blame the jet lag!) Anyway it's one of the most incredible books I've ever read!
Normally I'm a psychological thriller kind of girl but this book was just amazing!

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Hatshepsut

I’m always reading at least two books, one on the kindle and always a real book.
I’ve just finished a book by Sally Rooney called Normal People.
She’s an Irish novelist and this is her second book. It is set mainly in Dublin and revolves around the relationship and lives of a young couple. It’s funny but sometimes dark.
It wasn’t one of those books that I couldn’t put down but I did look forward to getting a quiet hour with it before bed.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I think this is my favourite Tattle thread! I love when everyone raves about a book and you get so hyped up to read it! Can’t wait to get stuck into The Push.
away from tattle, actually pre tattle, I read none stop, I was passionate about books, reading 2/3 books a week, and I was more excited to talk about a book than anything else 😆 it’s what I was known for 🤣
the pandemic knocked me a lot in that respect, I’m slowly getting back into it and finding that passion again, I now love nothing more than to research new/upcoming releases and check them out on amazon/good reads 🤣 and then wait for their release date like most would a Netflix show 😆
I’m so sad 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9

nbt

VIP Member
I wish I had a big library in my house and when I shut the door, no one was allowed to disturb me. It would be filled with blankets and I would just lay in there reading allllll day.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

DanaScully

Chatty Member
I love reading but struggle with it due to cognitive issues.

My local library offer free audiobooks via the Borrowbox app and I'm so happy to have an alternative.

I'm listening to The Prisoner of Azkaban at the moment. I've never read the books or watched the films and I'm met with shock and horror whenever I mention I haven't, so thought I finally should! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Scullybob

VIP Member
I need to stop reading this thread, every time I do i purchase another book to add to my 150odd books still to read on my kindle. 😃

• Haha

Carmen 6

VIP Member
I'm pregnant with twins, and have been instructed to rest. 😝
I'm going to read all the Harry Potters, starting on Monday. Help.....😨

• Heart

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
I’m reading Firefly Lane at the moment, after watching the Netflix series. I’m really enjoying it!
I love getting to properly know the characters and feeling an emotional connection to them.

can anyone recommend anything similar? Maybe a series of books?

ive been trying to get back into reading and haven’t connected to many books that I’ve been reading, I think because I just don’t care about the characters, I don’t care what happens to them! I finished the guest list last week and didn’t care about any of the characters at all.
Silly question but have you read any by Marian Keyes? I hate the way she's written off as "just" a chick lit author but she's bloody good! The Walsh sisters are great if you're looking for a connection with characters. Rachel's Holiday & Anybody Out There? are two of my favourites from that series. You don't really need to read them in order either.

This Charming Man is also really, really good too. I started re-reading her books when lockdown kicked in last March as a comfort blanket.

Tit4Tattle

Chatty Member
It’s so nice to discuss on here... my bank isn’t enjoying it though as can’t stop buying books! Can’t wait for the library to re open!

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I read the flat share in lockdown 1. Quite enjoyed it as all I needed was an easy read then, I didn’t have the brain capacity to read anything difficult 😂 but definitely was nothing ground breaking and nor would I go out my way to recommend it. She does seem to be everywhere at the minute 😂 definitely an author I’d turn to if I wanted something quick and easy. She’s a holiday round the pool author for me 😂
I love chick lit and I have no shame in that, but I found her book to be like chewing gum, it adds nothing to your diet 😂 even a sweet (good chick lit) gives you a sugar boost 🤪

• Haha
One of my all time favourites and the one that stuck out to me when I read this thread title is Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine. I've found that people generally find it a marmite book - you either love it or hate it! But I absolutely adored it and adored Eleanor. I read it over 2 years ago and still think about it, I think I'll reread soon!

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Yel

Chatty Member
Of course it's allowed! General discussion is for anything :D

I dropped my kindle last year and it doesn't turn on now. Was reading the bill Bryson summer of 1927 and keep meaning to buy a new one and waiting for an Amazon offer.

My mum lent me wolf hall, apparently the main problem with it is it's so good that as soon as you finish the last page you have to read it again. I didn't make it through the first chapter. Could do with some recommendations that are more contemporary or chick lit!

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Have I said this about 22 times. Yes.....

But I love this thread 😍😍😍

ibooks updates it’s new releases on a Monday, and I have NEVER TOLD ANYONE HOW MUCH I LOVE MONDAY’S FOR THAT 🤣🤣🤣

Paleglo

I’ve just started reading Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine. So far it’s honestly really very good. I’m around 200 pages in and it’s hitting the feels.

Anonymous_Troll

Like @Oohthedrama I read Her Dark Vanessa when it first came out and there was a bit of noise about it. I found it deeply unsettling. I’ve since read a few articles about the author’s writing process. She called it a ‘twisted love story’ in one interview - this turned my stomach. It was pitched as a modern day Lolita but actually, it’s far more of a challenging read in subject matter because even as an adult, Vanessa cannot see what we see as the reader and I think this is one of the main reasons it is so deeply uncomfortable.