Books! What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You can join other libraries online also to get the ebooks. I joined Leeds, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Liverpool.

Reactions: 2
I use the libby app for my library, i love it! I work nights so sometimes it's hard for me to make it there to pick up actual books.

This past week I read : The downstairs neighbor. Pretty little Wife and Wrong family. I enjoyed them all

Reactions: 1
i've been writting down your suggestions, and loved most of the books you guys are recommending 🙏

Reactions: 4
I read that last year and loved it. It is pretty lengthy and I know most people say it's too long, but I loved the character development!
I quite like a long read, and I agree the character development is very good. I didn't realise it's her first novel, because if I like a book I will often read their other books.

Reactions: 2
Thank you to whoever it was that recommended The Likely Resolutions of Oliver Clock by Jane Riley. Totally not my usual style of book but I really enjoyed it. Reminded me of Eleanor Oliphant is Conpletely Fine. It’s not a book that has you desperate to read the chapter dying to know what happens but it’s a lovely plod along story and some great meaning to it all too.

I quite like a long read, and I agree the character development is very good. I didn't realise it's her first novel, because if I like a book I will often read their other books.
Me too. Hopefully she'll release something else soon :)

Started reading The Glass House on my Kindle app but not really into it. My book group buddies raved about it though so might get back into it.

Just started Rescue Me by Sara Manning this morning and am already on p. 50! Does anyone remember her Dairy of A Crush series from J17? Think that set me up for higher expectations of college boys when I was in high school 🤣

I am reading the book that has been suggested on here for book club, his wife's sister... I am yet to get really engrossed in it though.. :(

Started reading Playing Nice by JP Delaney. Only about 20% in but I just have a constant lump in my throat 🥺

I picked A Deadly Influence by Mike Omer as my Amazon First Reads selection for this month and I’m 3 chapters in and gripped! Im so intrigued already!

Reactions: 3
Mentioned a sky full of stars by Dani Atkins on here before, it’s 99p on kindle right now if anyone is interested.

Reactions: 3
If anyone wants an short, easy but lovely read, I'd recommend All My Friends Are Superheroes. It's only a 100 something pages, and really good for easing one back into reading after a long break.
If you like this, his other book The Waterproof Bible has a similar vibe. Also Anna Burns has a book with a similar concept but very different style, called Mostly Hero, which is also very short!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.