Books! What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I save you all the tedious task of reading The Housewarming? It didn't grip me at all, story was long and drawn out, over use of character's names drove me mad and the ending was such a let down. I stayed up late last night to finish it and the only positive I can draw from is that it was free on Prime and I didn't waste any money. It got a generous 2 stars from me. Now I'm off to find a good book to cleanse my mind 😂

Reactions: 3
Can I save you all the tedious task of reading The Housewarming? It didn't grip me at all, story was long and drawn out, over use of character's names drove me mad and the ending was such a let down. I stayed up late last night to finish it and the only positive I can draw from is that it was free on Prime and I didn't waste any money. It got a generous 2 stars from me. Now I'm off to find a good book to cleanse my mind 😂
Nooo! I’ve got this on the go now! I had to abandon Adults by Emma Jane Unsworth (10/10 would not recommend) and I can’t give up on another one! I’ll have to persevere AND the worst part is I paid for my kindle version 😂. Hope you find something better to get stuck into.

Has anyone read The Pretty One by Clare Boyd? Or The Castaways by Lucy Clarke, final one
Ruthless Women by Melanie Blake?

looking at new releases 😍 my fav thing to do 😂

I had to abandon Adults by Emma Jane Unsworth
so glad I made the choice to avoid this now 😂

Reactions: 2
Nooo! I’ve got this on the go now! I had to abandon Adults by Emma Jane Unsworth (10/10 would not recommend) and I can’t give up on another one! I’ll have to persevere AND the worst part is I paid for my kindle version 😂. Hope you find something better to get stuck into.
I went right off Emma Jane Unsworth when she did a whole interview in a magazine (may have been Red) about how she had been Guy Garvey's girlfriend before he split up with her. Really odd.

Reactions: 1
I'm still annoyed with myself for reading to the end and not just skimming through 😭 I compared it in another post to an episode of Jessica Fletcher's Murder she Wrote and that's exactly what this book is, a nosey woman trying to solve a mystery and managing to interview possible suspects and drawing information out of them. Even the ending fell flatter than a pancake. Who knows though, you may enjoy it. That's what I love about reading and sharing opinions on books, everyone comes away with a different opinion. Sure life would be boring if we all felt the same way and it's good to hear what others have taken from a book.

I've just finished these two. American dirt was actually an Asda substitute and I was a bit apprehensive as it isn't usually a genre I'd read. I couldn't put it down though and it was really poignant with the current attitudes to immigrants/asylum seekers.

Playing nice was a good easy read. Was interesting but felt a little predictable and I wasn't left with that "omg" feeling.

Attachments

Reactions: 5
I've just finished these two. American dirt was actually an Asda substitute and I was a bit apprehensive as it isn't usually a genre I'd read. I couldn't put it down though and it was really poignant with the current attitudes to immigrants/asylum seekers.

Playing nice was a good easy read. Was interesting but felt a little predictable and I wasn't left with that "omg" feeling.
I’m currently reading Playing Nice, about 60% of the way through. I feel like it started strong, but has gone downhill. Will be interesting to see how it finishes.

I’m currently reading Playing Nice, about 60% of the way through. I feel like it started strong, but has gone downhill. Will be interesting to see how it finishes.
That’s exactly how I felt about it!

Reactions: 2
Has anyone read The Pretty One by Clare Boyd? Or The Castaways by Lucy Clarke, final one
Ruthless Women by Melanie Blake?

looking at new releases 😍 my fav thing to do 😂

so glad I made the choice to avoid this now 😂
I’ve got ruthless women on my wish list

Great thread! Though I now have a very long to read list!
Love a good mystery/ thriller/murder type book, but to be honest will readanything with words in!
Swap books with my mum and aunt, mums taste is more my own but my aunt prefers a family saga romance type. Mixes it up a bit!
Currently rereading 1984 as it was free on Kindle and haven’t read it in years!
Have about 10 books from Xmas and birthday presents plus 30 or do on Kindle!
I try and read about 50 a year and rarely re read books as there’s just too many books to read and not enough hours to squidge them all in!

Has anyone read any books by Mark Edwards? He is my absolute favourite author. My favourite book of his is “the magpies” about a young couple who move into a house split into 4 separate flats. The couple that lives below them basically make their lives a living hell... it’s fab. Could not put it down

Reactions: 4
Has anyone read any books by Mark Edwards? He is my absolute favourite author. My favourite book of his is “the magpies” about a young couple who move into a house split into 4 separate flats. The couple that lives below them basically make their lives a living hell... it’s fab. Could not put it down
I love Mark Edwards! Found his latest ones a bit more far fetched than the likes of the magpies, but still race through as they are so good

I downloaded all his books on Kindle unlimited a few years ago and ploughed through them, gripping story lines, at times very disturbing but so good. Currently reading The Waiting Room by Emily Bleaker and am enjoying it, think there may be a plot twist at the end which I haven't quite figured out but I think I have an incling, hope I'm wrong. Highly recommend Emily Bleaker.

I love Mark Edwards books I’ve read them all can’t wait for a new one to read

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.