Books! What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I couldn't cope with The Flat Share, the writing for the male character made me think it was written by a child. Gave up after a few chapters and don't regret it.

I've just finished reading Verity by Colleen Hoover. Great page turner and one I definitely recommend.

Reactions: 3
I’m currently reading Half a World Away by Mike Gayle. I’m around 30% in and I’m really enjoying it. It’s a nice easy read so far 😊

I’m currently reading Half a World Away by Mike Gayle. I’m around 30% in and I’m really enjoying it. It’s a nice easy read so far 😊
Oh god, I had to pause reading this at one stage because I was crying so much! 💔

Reactions: 1
Oh god, I had to pause reading this at one stage because I was crying so much! 💔
Oh no, I hate reading anything that makes me cry. Me Before You was nearly the death of me, I cried for a week 🤣
Thanks for the warning 😊

Reactions: 2
Recently read Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid. Very good and would highly recommend.
I am now reading Expectation by Anna Hope and I'm enjoying it.

I’m about half way through The Other Passenger by Louise Candlish. I don’t like any of the characters but I’m really intrigued by the story!

I’m about half way through The Other Passenger by Louise Candlish. I don’t like any of the characters but I’m really intrigued by the story!
I have finished the other passenger this morning. I agree about the characters being unlikeable but the twists were good!!! I liked the ending.

I’m unsure what to start now. I’m going to have a look through my book case and decide. My to be read pile is massive 😩

I have finished the other passenger this morning. I agree about the characters being unlikeable but the twists were good!!! I liked the ending.

I’m unsure what to start now. I’m going to have a look through my book case and decide. My to be read pile is massive 😩
Do you have your to be read pile on goodreads?

Maybe find the one that has been on there longest, or highest rated or similar?

Or post a couple if options here and let us choose haha

I am reading A Discovery of Witches trilogy - I am on the second book now. They're okay but lengthy, good if you liked twilight and like history stuff. The main character is a bit of wet lettuce, but they always are in these types of books imo. The tv series isn't too bad either.

Do you have your to be read pile on goodreads?

Maybe find the one that has been on there longest, or highest rated or similar?

Or post a couple if options here and let us choose haha
Unfortunately I never really understood how to use goodreads haha.
I have taken your inspiration for the one I’ve had the longest.
I’m starting on Celestial bodies - Jokha Alharthi

• Heart
Have some tissues ready it becomes really sad

I’m currently reading Just my luck by Adele parks which is a nice easy read👍🏻 Got so many books unread on my kindle to tackle but can’t stop buying more 😂
Do any of you set yourself a reading challenge on good reads?

I’m currently reading Just my luck by Adele parks which is a nice easy read👍🏻 Got so many books unread on my kindle to tackle but can’t stop buying more 😂
Yep my reading challenge is 50 books a year. 2019 I just managed it, 2020 I was 3 short and this year I’ve read 7 so far so I’m hopeful!

Yep my reading challenge is 50 books a year. 2019 I just managed it, 2020 I was 3 short and this year I’ve read 7 so far so I’m hopeful!
I set the same target of 52 a year last year was the first time I hit it and managed 58....I’m on book 7 too!

• Heart

I keep seeing that book when I'm on Amazon but some of the reviews have put me off. Please tell us what you think when you're finished.

I've set a reading challenge for the past few years and I'm aiming for 80 this year. Set the same target last year and read over 100 thanks to lockdown.

I keep seeing that book when I'm on Amazon but some of the reviews have put me off. Please tell us what you think when you're finished.

I've set a reading challenge for the past few years and I'm aiming for 80 this year. Set the same target last year and read over 100 thanks to lockdown.
Sorry to jump in. But I enjoyed Just My Luck. I gave it 4/5

Reactions: 4
I'm sorry to report that I have bailed on my latest read. I just couldn't get into it and I am going to try to find something new to start lol

Oh God, I can’t handle sadness but I’m in too deep now to stop reading it 😂

I’m the exact same with my kindle, it’s so easy to rack up the numbers when they’re only 99p!

I’ve set a miserably low challenge of 12 books for this year. For the last few years I’ve aimed for 24 but I’ve never hit my target. I really struggled to get into anything last year so I’m aiming low in 2021 😊

I'm sorry to report that I have bailed on my latest read. I just couldn't get into it and I am going to try to find something new to start lol
I hate bailing but sometimes it needs to be done. Life is too short and there are too many amazing books that are more worthy of your time 👍🏻

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.