Books! What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rumors of a Hurricane is a good read. It traces the life of a man throughout the Thatcher years.

Thanks to anyone who mentioned The Other Passenger on here. I started it Wed night and finished this morning. It was SO good.

I found that I didn’t dislike the characters, they were more “love to hate” characters.

I think it’d make a great film.

Reactions: 3
Thanks to anyone who mentioned The Other Passenger on here. I started it Wed night and finished this morning. It was SO good.

I found that I didn’t dislike the characters, they were more “love to hate” characters.

I think it’d make a great film.
Wouldn’t it just?? Great ending!

Reactions: 1
Platform 7 by Louise Doughty really had me gripped. it Is part ghost story, part thriller.

I’ve just put this in another influencer thread but I think it’s going to be a really good read.

The author helped put the Fyre festival director in prison by linking him and the scam for festival tickets. She’s also a top notch journalist, who sees behind all the influencer bullshit.

Amazon product

Reactions: 4
Not sure if it's already been mentioned but just finished Never Greener by Ruth Jones (who also wrote Gavin and Stacey) and it was fab

Reactions: 5
Sorry to jump in. But I enjoyed Just My Luck. I gave it 4/5
I’m enjoying it so far too nice easy read with some good twists and turns!

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but just finished Never Greener by Ruth Jones (who also wrote Gavin and Stacey) and it was fab
Loved this one too! Have you read her latest one it’s called Us three

Reactions: 2
After giving up on my previous book, I started on In the Dark by Loreth Anne White. I brought it November 2019 and never did pick it up!
I finished my latest book in the early hours of this morning as I just couldn't put it down. I had 70 pages to go and I needed to know the ending!
It was good and would recommend. I feel like it took me 100 pages to really get into it but that could be me.

This has got me thinking - I don't really read any "classics". I might have a look through my husband's library and give something a go.

I'm also getting excited for a couple of new releases. I enjoy Peter Swanson's books and he has a new one coming out in March. And Becky Chambers has one coming out next week.

Last edited:
After giving up on my previous book, I started on In the Dark by Loreth Anne White. I brought it November 2019 and never did pick it up!
I finished my latest book in the early hours of this morning as I just couldn't put it down. I had 70 pages to go and I needed to know the ending!
It was good and would recommend. I feel like it took me 100 pages to really get into it but that could be me.

This has got me thinking - I don't really read any "classics". I might have a look through my husband's library and give something a go.

I'm also getting excited for a couple of new releases. I enjoy Peter Swanson's books and he has a new one coming out in March. And Becky Chambers has one coming out next week.
I love Loreth Anne White!

Currently reading Daisy Jones and The Six. I’ve read mixed reviews about it, some people didn’t like the interview style of writing but I’m really enjoying it so far 😊

I’m reading the guest list but I’m struggling with it. Should I bother finishing it? I’m over half way through and I don’t really care what happens.

My next read is firefly lane. I’ve just watched the Netflix series and want to read the book!

I’m reading the guest list but I’m struggling with it. Should I bother finishing it? I’m over half way through and I don’t really care what happens.

My next read is firefly lane. I’ve just watched the Netflix series and want to read the book!
Yes definitely finish it it does get better I just found it slow to start!

It is good but I don't think it deserves the hype it got

Loooks very interesting. I wonder if grifter radio presenter Jo Good will interview her on her radio show. @VeeJayBee

I’ve just started The Man Who Didn’t Call By Rosie Walsh
I started that a few months ago but wouldn’t get into it. The main character was coming across too needy for me. My friend started it at the same time and she read it in a couple of days, she really liked it and said although it’s a slow starter, it’s got a good ending 😊

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.