Books! What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been reading A Christmas Carol. I decided it was shameful I haven't read any of Charles Dickens' work yet so I got stuck in and I love it. I know the story off by heart already through various film adaptations but there's never anything quite like consuming the original source. I like that it's a short book. As much as I love reading I find modern books way too long with too much filler.

Reactions: 2
I've been reading A Christmas Carol. I decided it was shameful I haven't read any of Charles Dickens' work yet so I got stuck in and I love it. I know the story off by heart already through various film adaptations but there's never anything quite like consuming the original source. I like that it's a short book. As much as I love reading I find modern books way too long with too much filler.
Have you seen Dickensian? It’s on BBC iPlayer.

I’ve read a few books by Loreth Anne White, which are available on kindle unlimited. They are thrillers mainly set in Canada in the winter and I’ve found them good entertaining winter reading. Partly because I love Canada !

Thank you for the recommendations I’ve only just noticed this thread.
Books I’ve enjoyed aren’t necessarily new

My Sisters Keeper
The Salt Path
Shoes For Anthony
Before We Were Yours
Sarah’s Key
Everything I Never Told You
I was a Boy in Belsen
I let You Go
The Family Upstairs
Books by Lianne Morriarty
All the Light We Cannot See

Reactions: 3
I read a few sappy Christmas books and couldn't wait to get back to my usual reads. I've finished the Detective Gina Harte series by Carla Kovach and thoroughly enjoyed them. I'd also recommend -
Detective Robyn Carter series by Carol Wyer, Detective Karen Hart series by D. S. Butler
Stephanie King series by Rachel Abbott
Tom Douglas series by Rachel Abbott
Some authors I also like are ; Diane Chamberlain, Dorothy Koomson and Shari Low.

Has anyone got any recommendations for a good thriller , I loved the family upstairs and looking for a good murder mystery based in uk ? ( I really don’t love books based in the us - weird I know! )
Samantha Hayes has a few based in the UK

Am currently reading ‘Where the crawdads sing’ It’s certainly different from my usual choice - it’s slow and meandering and nothing like my usual fast-paced thriller choices.

Ooh I think I have the power too- I’m awful I go mad buying kindle books and then forget I have them 🙈
I’ve just read one called the thousandth floor by Katherine McGee which was really good would definitely recommend....it’s part of a series too!
I’ve just finished thousandth floor and really got into it. Thanks for the recommendation!

Am currently reading ‘Where the crawdads sing’ It’s certainly different from my usual choice - it’s slow and meandering and nothing like my usual fast-paced thriller choices.

This book always reminds me of when I was offered it by someone in the toilets at LAX. It was the start of covid and I was so scared of germs. Then spent the whole flight regretting it as I wanted to read it 😂

• Haha
Going to begin reading J.K. Rowling's "Strike" books after hearing great things about them in the thread about them in the thread on the celebs board. They sound great and I'm excited to get started.

Reactions: 4
Going to begin reading J.K. Rowling's "Strike" books after hearing great things about them in the thread about them in the thread on the celebs board. They sound great and I'm excited to get started.
I love them ! There was only one I wasn’t fussed on -Lethal White.

Can anyone recommend some chick lit that's based in a non covid NYC (that's a bit of a homage to NYC)?

Can anyone recommend some chick lit that's based in a non covid NYC (that's a bit of a homage to NYC)?

I heart New York by Lindsey kelk. That’s the one that springs to mind.

I Heart series book 1. Get ready to meet Angela Clark as she flees the world s worst wedding for a new life...

It's official. Angela Clarke is in love with the most
fabulous city in the world.

Fleeing her cheating boyfriend and clutching little more than a crumpled bridesmaid dress, a pair of Louboutins and her passport, Angela jumps on a plane, destination - NYC.

Holed up in a cute hotel room, Angela gets a New York makeover from her NBFJenny and a whirlwind tour of the city that never sleeps. Before she knows it, Angela is dating two sexy guys. And, best of all, she gets to write about it in her new blog (Carrie Bradshaw eat your heart out). But it's one thing telling readers about your romantic dilemmas, it's another figuring them out for yourself ...

Angela has fallen head over heels for the big apple, but does she heart New York more than home?

• Heart
I heart New York by Lindsey kelk. That’s the one that springs to mind.

I Heart series book 1. Get ready to meet Angela Clark as she flees the world s worst wedding for a new life...

It's official. Angela Clarke is in love with the most
fabulous city in the world.

Fleeing her cheating boyfriend and clutching little more than a crumpled bridesmaid dress, a pair of Louboutins and her passport, Angela jumps on a plane, destination - NYC.

Holed up in a cute hotel room, Angela gets a New York makeover from her NBFJenny and a whirlwind tour of the city that never sleeps. Before she knows it, Angela is dating two sexy guys. And, best of all, she gets to write about it in her new blog (Carrie Bradshaw eat your heart out). But it's one thing telling readers about your romantic dilemmas, it's another figuring them out for yourself ...

Angela has fallen head over heels for the big apple, but does she heart New York more than home?
I was going to suggest i heart New York but didn't know if it was too obvious haha

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.