Books! What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Currently reading The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett and loving it so far.

Has anyone read this crime series by Joseph Knox set in Manchester? Any good? Considering giving it a go.

Can anyone recommend some chick lit that's based in a non covid NYC (that's a bit of a homage to NYC)?
I enjoyed The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus. It's about two nannies working in the city. It is pretty scathing about the upper echelons of New York society but is an excellent read.
I also liked “Fleishman Is in Trouble,” by Taffy Brodesser-Akner. It is about a man in his forties going through a bitter divorce. It is also set in New York. It reads like Philip Roth style fiction. Witty and satirical.

Reactions: 1
Shuggie Bain by Douglas Stuart, won this year's Booker. Absolutely awesome. (Sorry if already mentioned, I have skim read the thread).

Reactions: 4
Can anyone recommend some chick lit that's based in a non covid NYC (that's a bit of a homage to NYC)?
Something From Tiffany's by Melissa Hill

Sandie Jones books are really good and definitely worth a read...
The Other Woman
The First Mistake
The Half Sister

Just to add Sandie Jones books are not NYC 😂

Currently reading Sheltering Rain by Jojo Moyes. I love her books that have storylines running in different eras, and how they come together.

Her other books are fab as well, with the exception of the Me before you series. I didn’t like them so much at all.

I finished a book called We just clicked last night by Anna Bell. Was a nice easy read and tattle life even got a mention!

Reactions: 2
Finished The Guest List by Lucy Foley last night. Really enjoyed it, the suspense was really built up at the end and I enjoyed how it all came together.

Now reading Thirteen by Steve Cavanagh which is the Tattle book clubs Feb read. Been wanting to read this for ages!

I love them ! There was only one I wasn’t fussed on -Lethal White.
I agree I found this one long and boring.

Going to begin reading J.K. Rowling's "Strike" books after hearing great things about them in the thread about them in the thread on the celebs board. They sound great and I'm excited to get started.
These are great the BBC made a series of them but I preferred the books TBH.

I've just finished reading The Housewarming by S. E. Lynes, highly recommend it.

I've just read The Push by Ashley Audrain, it was a proper hard read and quite disturbing at times but I really enjoyed it. I read it in two days. The ending though, omg!

I'm now reading A Song for You by Robyn Crawford- my life with Whitney Houston.
From one extreme to another!

I've just read The Push by Ashley Audrain, it was a proper hard read and quite disturbing at times but I really enjoyed it. I read it in two days. The ending though, omg!

I'm now reading A Song for You by Robyn Crawford- my life with Whitney Houston.
From one extreme to another!
Ooh I have the push on my Kindle wish list just waiting for it to come down in price!

Currently reading My Life in Paris by Julia Child.

I also half way through Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain, for the second time.

• Heart
Bergdorf Blondes, if I remember correctly. I've read it many many years ago and found it amusing but no clue if it's still in print 😁

Dani Atkins A Million Dreams. Only about 1/4 way through but have already had a few wee cries at it.

love her books, especially ones like this which aren’t romantic based, necessarily.

I’ve finished the Flat Share by Beth O’Leary. I know I’m late to the party on this one! I tried reading it before Christmas but just couldn’t get into it. I liked it in the end but didn’t blow me away....

I’ve started on The other passenger by Louise Candlish. Two chapters in and seems interesting so I’ll be carrying on this evening

Reactions: 4
Has anyone read The Glass House by Eve Chase, have started it but finding it hard to get into.
Recent reads are where the crawdads sing by Delia Owens which was good , Us three by Ruth Jones which was great.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.