Books! What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have just finished John Marrs - the minders. Really good book that had me guessing at each twist and turn! Other good books this year have been Q: Christina Dalcher, Followers by Megan Angelo (My 2020 fave) or just my luck by Adele Parks.

Reactions: 1
I have just finished John Marrs - the minders. Really good book that had me guessing at each twist and turn! Other good books this year have been Q: Christina Dalcher, Followers by Megan Angelo (My 2020 fave) or just my luck by Adele Parks.
Ooh I have the minders and just my luck in my to read pile....have you read vox by Christina dalcher?

Not sure if anyone has seen the film ''After'' on Netflix? Well I watched it and then decided I would start the books, there is 4 of them and I really enjoyed them :)

Ooh I have the minders and just my luck in my to read pile....have you read vox by Christina dalcher?

Yes!!! I loved it!!

Similar-ish but not as good in my opinion
I agree - not as good but I enjoyed it. I felt like it dragged a bit if that makes sense?

Not sure if anyone has seen the film ''After'' on Netflix? Well I watched it and then decided I would start the books, there is 4 of them and I really enjoyed them :)
I've not seen it but I will have a look into them. I love it when there is a series lol. The first series I really loved was the True Blood books and then the rizzoli and Isles series.

Ooh I think I have the power too- I’m awful I go mad buying kindle books and then forget I have them 🙈
I’ve just read one called the thousandth floor by Katherine McGee which was really good would definitely recommend....it’s part of a series too!

Slowly making my way through De Profundis. I have Lanny staring at me from my enormous to-read pile though, that may be my next one although I am craving an old favourite for the sake of some comfort while I ease myself into 2021.

Ooh I think I have the power too- I’m awful I go mad buying kindle books and then forget I have them 🙈
I’ve just read one called the thousandth floor by Katherine McGee which was really good would definitely recommend....it’s part of a series too!
Thanks! I have a read of the blurb and it seems exactly what I enjoy! Ordering now. thank you x

I really struggled with blood orange bits were good but felt it dragged at times.
My next book is the minders by John Marrs has anyone read it?

I really struggled with blood orange bits were good but felt it dragged at times.
My next book is the minders by John Marrs has anyone read it?
I struggled through The Minders by John Marrs, honestly didn't enjoy it at all.

Reactions: 2
Has anyone got any recommendations for a good thriller , I loved the family upstairs and looking for a good murder mystery based in uk ? ( I really don’t love books based in the us - weird I know! )
I really like Sophie Hannah. She writes psychological thrillers, full of creepy characters. She is a British writer.

The first book I read of hers was ‘Hurting Distance’ and I really enjoyed it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.