Books! What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh I’ve not read it but it’s on my list of books to read!

I’m currently reading the guest list....struggled
To get into it at first but now I’m racing through it!
Definitely worth a read if you like horror/crime fiction! But yeah prepare yourself as it is gory!

Oooh I want to read The Guest List, I’ve got The Hunting Party by the same author on my stack of books to read first though.

About to start Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman this evening.

Reactions: 1
Definitely worth a read if you like horror/crime fiction! But yeah prepare yourself as it is gory!

Oooh I want to read The Guest List, I’ve got The Hunting Party by the same author on my stack of books to read first though.

About to start Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman this evening.
Loved Eleanor Oliphant it’s so good! If you like that one you should try The Cactus (can’t remember who it is written by?) but it’s also good! I’ve challenged myself to read 52 books a year for the last few years and 2020 is the first year I think I may complete it (I’m on book 50)

Reactions: 5
Midnight Library by Matt Haig.

I read a book in early 2000s. I was travelling at the time. It was a little raunchy, but a great read. Can’t for the life of me remember what it was called. I’d love to read it again. One of those little small things that’s so annoying.

Reactions: 2
Shuggie Bain Douglas Stuart - Cannot put it down but i know it is going to break me.

Re-reading Rebecca Daphne Du Maurier for the 100th time

Silent Night - Nell Pattison (meh)

(i am a mood reader so always have a few on the go)

Listening to The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle for the 3rd time - i keep losing track/getting bored but i am determined to finish the damn thing

I just finished Hamnet by Maggie O'Farrell and was quite disappointed. It wasn't a bad book, but I think I went into it with high expectations due to its glowing reviews and winning The Women's Prize for Fiction, and it didn't quite live up to them.

A at the best book I’ve ever read hands down was called “Behind Closed Doors” by B A Paris. oh my god the suspense. I’ve passed it on to everyone I know and they’ve not been able to put it down either. I actually had to forgo a shower in order to finish it before I went out for brunch. Not my finest moment but had to be done

Reactions: 4
A at the best book I’ve ever read hands down was called “Behind Closed Doors” by B A Paris. oh my god the suspense. I’ve passed it on to everyone I know and they’ve not been able to put it down either. I actually had to forgo a shower in order to finish it before I went out for brunch. Not my finest moment but had to be done
I also loved this book and recommend it to everyone!

I’ve also read that book! And recommended it to my friends. 😀

Sorry for the hijack but I’m looking to get into a fantasy series. I normally read thrillers however I want to broaden the genres I read and fantasy looks so fun but I’m scared I’m going to be confused with the world building and amount of characters. Any recommendations for fantasy, or other great first books in a genre would be appreciated!

Sorry for the hijack but I’m looking to get into a fantasy series. I normally read thrillers however I want to broaden the genres I read and fantasy looks so fun but I’m scared I’m going to be confused with the world building and amount of characters. Any recommendations for fantasy, or other great first books in a genre would be appreciated!
crescent city by sarah j maas is fantastic. its her first adult fantasy, a slow build up but its so so worth it, one of my favourite books of the year (chunky book too!)

My 3 best books are as follows

A thousand splendid suns - Khalid husseni

The kite runner- Khalid Husseni

Clear your life for three days these two books are amazing !!

Mrs Kimble - Jennifer haigh

I love this book its chick lit but feels a little bit deeper.. u can read it in like a day and a half and I literally loved this book and always recommend it to friends.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I love thrillers and biographies. I started reading mein kampf and thought I wouldn't get past the first chapter however I'm finding it hard to put down. It outlines hitlers life, ideology and antisemitism. Sounds heavy going but its not. Its a real eye opener.

Thought I’d share a few of the books I’ve read recently would love to hear if you have read any ...

Suprise Me by Sophie Kinsella -it was ok nothing special really didn’t enjoy the main character though

The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell - seen mixed opinions on this one , I read it in two sittings was gripped throughout and loved it. I can see what people mean when they say it was far fetched but I loved it

Half a World Away by Mike Gayle - read this one in two sittings aswell, loved it. The ending had me in pieces !

Also read one of us is lying by Karen m McManus - it’s a young adult type thriller didn’t find myself itching to read but enjoyed it in the end

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.