Books! What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really like Sophie Hannah. She writes psychological thrillers, full of creepy characters. She is a British writer.

The first book I read of hers was ‘Hurting Distance’ and I really enjoyed it.
I love Sophie Hannah. She is also an accomplished poet. I have met her - she did a talk for our library service and I took her for a meal beforehand. She’s incredibly bright and very entertaining. One of the most astute women I’ve ever met!

Reactions: 4
Hmm. I am trying to remember a book that people really recommend this year... A thriller. Something medical. Maybe the pharmacist? Does anyone know what I am talking about?

Hmm. I am trying to remember a book that people really recommend this year... A thriller. Something medical. Maybe the pharmacist? Does anyone know what I am talking about?
The silent patient? He was a psychiatrist?

Reactions: 2
I finished Blood Orange this morning and am a bit disappointed. It mixed too many themes and was too extreme for me. I also don’t understand how a barrister would’ve allow her husband to bully her in that way

I’ve just finished the nightingale by Kristian Hannah. I’m normally a fast reader but this took me a long time. I enjoyed it in the end although it did have me in tears at some point.

Reactions: 1
I love Sophie Hannah. She is also an accomplished poet. I have met her - she did a talk for our library service and I took her for a meal beforehand. She’s incredibly bright and very entertaining. One of the most astute women I’ve ever met!
I just downloaded Haven’t they grown.

I’ve just finished The Tattooist Of Auschwitz and I really thought the book was great but the ending was really disappointing. I know it’s based on a true story but it felt rushed and like a ‘and then I woke up’ feel to it. Anyone else feel the same?

Reactions: 4
I’ve just finished The Tattooist Of Auschwitz and I really thought the book was great but the ending was really disappointing. I know it’s based on a true story but it felt rushed and like a ‘and then I woke up’ feel to it. Anyone else feel the same?
Yes! I know exactly what you mean!

I'm Usually a huge reader but 2020 I really lost the love, I went from reading at least 1
Book a week to 2 books between June and December 🙈 I've started the new year as I mean to go on and am currently on my second book l which is the Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman. It's a lot gentler than my usual taste but I'm really enjoying it. I usually like anything with suspense and murder - Ian Rankin, Kathy Reichs, Jeffry Deaver and so on, or as my mum said any book in Tesco with a black or red front cover 🙈🤣 Oh and I also LOVE Marian Keynes and have read all her books multiple times since I was a teenager.

Reactions: 6
I’ve just finished the nightingale by Kristian Hannah. I’m normally a fast reader but this took me a long time. I enjoyed it in the end although it did have me in tears at some point.
I really liked this book. I also enjoyed The Great Alone (the insight into the family moving to live in Alaska was fascinating!) and Firefly Lane by her too.

Dorothy Koomson- The Rose Petal Beach such a good book

Really enjoyed Flat Share by Beth Oleary too

Currently reading a bio on former US president, Barack Obama called "A Promised Land"

Interesting read so far, even if its a little too glowing

Currently reading Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman.

Reactions: 3
Currently reading Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman.
Absolutely love this book!

I’m starting Call Me By Your Name today. Finished This Time Next Year at the weekend.. it was a nice easy read (I love a chick flick) but looking forward to something a bit heavier.

Currently reading One More For Christmas, as it was our work book club read for December and we’re discussing it next week.

I just read The Mothers by Brit Bennett and now I'm onto The Unexpected Joy of Being Sober by Catherine Gray.

Both a departure from my normal genres. Makes a nice change.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.