Books! What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved the seven husbands of Evelyn Hugo! I didn’t expect to enjoy it as much as I did.
Me either! It’s not my usual thing so was a lovely surprise. Have you read Daisy Jones and the Six ( by the same author?) I’m thinking I may try that soon.

Currently reading the Woman in the Window, about halfway through. Enjoying it and having seen reviews and very curious what twists await me ☺

Me either! It’s not my usual thing so was a lovely surprise. Have you read Daisy Jones and the Six ( by the same author?) I’m thinking I may try that soon.

Currently reading the Woman in the Window, about halfway through. Enjoying it and having seen reviews and very curious what twists await me ☺
I have, I think I found it a bit more formulaic than seven husbands I think. Kind of like a holiday read? I could just guess what was going to happen next quite easily I think. But I did still enjoy it!

Reactions: 1
I’ve not read the whole thread, but going to chuck my 2p’s worth in.

The Belial Series by R.D Brady.
Very good, very interesting, some facts thrown in and author did/does thorough research before going to print.

The Slater Brothers series by L.A Casey.
Proper chick books. American men meet Irish women and all the jazz that goes in between. Author is very funny and witty and that shines through in her characters. Lee has other books out and they are just as good too.

I really don’t want to recommend this author, she just isn’t a nice person at all and I’ve never really got a good vibe from her. But a couple of books are really good, one in particular called Red Hill. Zombie apocalypse drama, very good and I’ve re read quite a few times now. Author is Jamie McGuire 😠 (Twitter is your friend for the gossip on this one)

And last but not least. I am totally biased on this one because this lady is a very local author to me.
Crime/Thriller about a Detective.
The Kim Stone Series by Angela Marsons.

I’ve just finished The Midnight Library which was really lovely. I listened as an audio book and I really enjoyed it. I don’t often buy audiobooks but I think I’ll do it more often!

Ive just started Thirteen and I’ve heard good things about it!

I might recommend where the crawdads sing to my book club!

Reactions: 3
Hey guys, first time poster in this thread! I used to love reading and I’m looking to get back into it. The last two books I properly read and enjoyed were this is going to hurt Adam Kay and Dune by frank herbert ( a comedy and a sci-fi)
I was wondering what books would you say changed your life / you would kill to read again for the first time, looking for recommendations to get back into it!

Reactions: 2
About 6 chapters into Where the Crawdads Sing. Not 100% on if so far but I’ve heard amazing things. My mum said it took her a while to get into and then she loved it so I’ll keep going with it.

Finished Eleanor Oliphant last week. Book of the year for me (although think it was released a couple of years ago!). Absolutely loved it.
I’m almost finished Where the Crawdads sing and I have to say - I didn’t like it! I also had heard amazing things about it and was so excited to read it but I just didn’t enjoy it, so disappointed.

Hey guys, first time poster in this thread! I used to love reading and I’m looking to get back into it. The last two books I properly read and enjoyed were this is going to hurt Adam Kay and Dune by frank herbert ( a comedy and a sci-fi)
I was wondering what books would you say changed your life / you would kill to read again for the first time, looking for recommendations to get back into it!
I loved The World According to Garp when I first read it.

I tend to read the same type of books, when I was 17 I read PS I Love You and it changed my perspective of life.
There is a second book by Adam Kay is that may interest you
I'm currently reading a book called Ordinary People but I'm finding it very hard to get into.

I’m reading a book called “The One” by John Marrs and it is SO good highly recommend. Also read they are turning into a Netflix series

"Long Way Round" with Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman

I enjoyed their TV show of the same name, which was broadcast on Sky a few years ago. A few days ago I saw the book in a second hand book shop, for £2.50.

From what I've read so far it is far more insightful than the TV show

I tend to read the same type of books, when I was 17 I read PS I Love You and it changed my perspective of life.
There is a second book by Adam Kay is that may interest you
I'm currently reading a book called Ordinary People but I'm finding it very hard to get into.
Watch the series of ordinary people❤❤

Sorry, not technically a book, but been buying loads of recipe books (Slimming Worlder) and picked up the Two Chubby Cubs on sale on Amazon for £6 today.

I just finished All The Lonely People by Mike Gayle. I thought it was absolutely wonderful. It is about an elderly gentleman who has lost his wife and it starts off with his daughter calling. He pretends to her he has been busy with friends, but the story unfolds when she announces she is coming back from Australia to spend time with him.

It was so heartwarming and I loved how each chapter bounced between the past and present. The protagonist is from Jamaica and is part of the windrush generation, so it explored the discrimination and racism he faced in the UK throughout the past chapters.

I'd definitely recommend it!

Reactions: 6
Just finished Crawdads after about 3 weeks 😂 found it very very slow to get into but I enjoyed it towards the end.

Not sure what to read next. I have such a long list on goodreads 🤣

Just finished Crawdads after about 3 weeks 😂 found it very very slow to get into but I enjoyed it towards the end.

Not sure what to read next. I have such a long list on goodreads 🤣
Finished Crawdads last week. I surprised myself with how much I enjoyed it. It's not my usual book.

I'm going to start Ruth Jones new book soon. Think it's called the three of us. Has good reviews.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.