Books! What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Finished Crawdads last week. I surprised myself with how much I enjoyed it. It's not my usual book.

I'm going to start Ruth Jones new book soon. Think it's called the three of us. Has good reviews.
It’s not mine either but once it got into the main storyline I really enjoyed it. Was just a slow one to start with which would usually put me off.

Ooh I like Ruth Jones. I might go for the minute I saw you by Paige Toon, has good reviews on goodreads!

Reactions: 1
I’ve been looking at this one for a while but don’t think I could cope emotionally!
I’m reading the heatwave which was part of the Richard and Judy book club
definitely give it a try.

i was put off by so many people recommending it and that noone could really tell me what it is about. It is an emotional rollercoaster, but it is good.

I'm on part 5 and I havent cried yet 😕 am I dead inside? 😂

although what I'm reading is horrific:oops:
Haha let me know if you make it through to the end without crying and then I'll let you know if you're dead inside haha

• Haha
"The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever:Lord Foul's Bane - Book 1" by Stephen Donaldson

9 books in total I think - mostly dark fantasy, but very well written by Donaldson. First read about 5 years ago.

I’m currently reading the Alex Smith Detective Kett series. Just finished book 2 on a cliff hanger so I’m going to have to start the third today.

Interesting stories with likeable characters (murderers aside!)

I used to really enjoy reading vintage crime fiction by Ed McBain. Haven’t picked up any in ages.

I have just finished "Earthlings" by Sayaka Murata which is ... interesting (it contains some very controversial subject matter - approach with caution if "Convenience Store Woman" is the author's only work you're familiar with) but I found it great fun

I’ve just finished the Detective Kett series by Alex Smith. Read all four books in just under three weeks. The new one comes out at the start of December so until then I’m going to read some light hearted ones.

Now on All I Want for Christmas to get me in the spirit. It’s a nice, easy read.

Considering to dive into my unread books pile from previous Persephone Books hauls. Haven't been able to read as much as I usually do for a few months now, I guess the whole stress atmosphere is hindering my usual speed.

Just hit book number 40 of 2020 🥳 (that was my goal for the year once lockdown happened 😂)

I just finished Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter, it was a good read and a great crime story but the body horror/gore was too much for me. I had to stop reading a few times 😬 anyone else read this?

Reactions: 5
Just hit book number 40 of 2020 🥳 (that was my goal for the year once lockdown happened 😂)

I just finished Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter, it was a good read and a great crime story but the body horror/gore was too much for me. I had to stop reading a few times 😬 anyone else read this?
Ooh I’ve not read it but it’s on my list of books to read!

I’m currently reading the guest list....struggled
To get into it at first but now I’m racing through it!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.