Books! What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I finished the Goldfinch and it was amazing. 5 stars.

Also just finished I'm thinking of ending things by Iain Reid which was v good and scary, would recommend if you like horrors.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Currently reading So Lucky by Dawn O’Porter that was voted as our work book club read. Pleased we don’t have to analyse it too much though as it’s a bit rude! 🙈

I've just finished Grownups by Marian Keyes, now reading Lyrebird by Cecilia Ahern but finding it difficult to get into

Reactions: 1
I’ve just finished The beekeeper of Aleppo. It’s so sad 😔
It’s given me a lot more insight into what the migrants/refugees go through to get to somewhere of safety.
Just started So lucky by Dawn O’porter. I definitely needed something a bit more light hearted this time!

A book I can recommend was something I read a few years ago and has always stuck with me. It’s called Firefly lane. I might even read it again soon and I never reread books.
Also read a lot of books by Kate Morton. She’s definitely a favourite author of mine.

I finished the Goldfinch and it was amazing. 5 stars.

Also just finished I'm thinking of ending things by Iain Reid which was v good and scary, would recommend if you like horrors.
Ooooh I've just read I'm thinking of ending things as well!! Bloody loved it! Very kind of The Bell Jar/ Catcher in the rye sort of thing just more horrorry...lol.

Just finished The Boy in Striped Pyjamas. Short but so sad 😭
This made me bawl my eyes out, the fiom even more so. I remember watching when I was a teen and being literally hysterical!

Ooooh I've just read I'm thinking of ending things as well!! Bloody loved it! Very kind of The Bell Jar/ Catcher in the rye sort of thing just more horrorry...lol.
Yeah it was so atmospheric, I really loved it though I did want some of it tied up a bit more at the end. The netflix movie comes out next month so excited for that!

Currently am re reading 1984 but forgot it legit for the first 130 pages has almost no dialogue so it's taking me longet than usual to get through.

This made me bawl my eyes out, the fiom even more so. I remember watching when I was a teen and being literally hysterical!

Yeah it was so atmospheric, I really loved it though I did want some of it tied up a bit more at the end. The netflix movie comes out next month so excited for that!

Currently am re reading 1984 but forgot it legit for the first 130 pages has almost no dialogue so it's taking me longet than usual to get through.
That's a good suggestion. It's been at least 20 years since I last read 1984

Finished my reread of 1984.

Am now just starting Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell. Not read anything of hers before and really wanted something easy and gripping so fingers crossed I like it!

I’m currently reading Open Your Eyes by Paula Daly, loved all her previous books but this one isnt gripping me so far.

Just finished Normal People after meaning to read it for ages. So disappointing compared to the TV show when normally it’s the other way round. Found the connection between Marianne and Connell just wasn’t portrayed as well as it was in the show.

Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine is next on my to read list.

Just finished Normal People after meaning to read it for ages. So disappointing compared to the TV show when normally it’s the other way round. Found the connection between Marianne and Connell just wasn’t portrayed as well as it was in the show.

Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine is next on my to read list.
Can’t remember whether I’ve said in here - I really didn’t “get” Normal People. The way mental health was dealt with was great but:
- I really don’t like a lack of appropriate punctuation in books. Lack of speech indications really bother me because I think it’s difficult to keep up with it. It works with something like Handmaid’s Tale as there’s so little speech it’s mostly a stream of consciousness, but I really disliked it in NP.
- the ending. I turned the page and the book was finished. And for some reason it really bothered me.
So normal people was a bit overhyped for my liking 😣

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.