Books! What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just finished The Devil Wears Prada - it was good but almost exactly like the film tbh so i wasn't super invested.

Think I'm going read Perfume by Patrick Suskind next.

Reactions: 2
The Chiffon Trenches , by Andre Leon Talley. A memoir about the movers and shakers in the fashion industry.

Reactions: 1
Just finished The Dutch House by Ann Patchett - superb. I'm now reading Where The Crawdads Sing, which I'm enjoying.

I’m reading the Disney twisted tales currently,quite light but I recently reread past mortem by Ben Elton,if you like a twist in the tail book with a bit of gore is good, also Simon kernick severed

Am I the only one who didn’t like Dutch house!?

I found the main character a whiney little man 🥴

I’m reading the Disney twisted tales currently,quite light but I recently reread past mortem by Ben Elton,if you like a twist in the tail book with a bit of gore is good, also Simon kernick severed
I haven’t thought about Past Mortem for years! It’s a cracking book, will have to get my hands on a second-hand copy to reread at some point.

Just finished reading Jessica Simpson's autobiography after I was obsessed with her as a teen. Very religious (which I am not) so it did get a bit of an eyeroll from me at parts but her story was definitely interesting.

Currently reading The Winter Children by Lulu Taylor. My Mum gave me it and raved about. So far so good.

Has anyone read So Lucky by Dawn O'Porter? Thoughts? I loved The Cows.

That sounds interesting. Was it worth the read? I found Eleanor Oliphant so boring, was a waste of my time but I know SO many people who loved it, I just kept waiting for something interesting to happen! :ROFLMAO:
I've just finished So Lucky and really enjoyed it. It is very interesting about manipulating social media so relevant to Tattle too, but also a powerful books about how women see their bodies and how others perceive them. I would recommend.

Reactions: 2
has anyone read the tudor queens series by alison weir? I've got book 1 and found book 3 in a charity shop, interested to hear what people think

Finished Perfume and it was very bloody weird tbh.

Going to read The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt next.

My son is 11 and loves anything to do with true crime, conspiracy theories and statistics.

can anyone recommend interesting books or documentaries he could look at?
I’m studying for a criminal justice qualification and I love crime books but I don’t know what’s appropriate for a kid!
Thanks anyone.

• Heart
I was reading the Colin Wilson's Mammoth Book Of Crime at that age. Infact I was reading most books aimed at adults at that age.

Also some of the crime magazines out there?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.