Books #7 reading chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remembered earlier that I needed to cancel my free trial of Kindle Unlimited so I cancelled it and then realised my current book (The Room by Hannah Adkins) was from KU so I’ll lose access to it tomorrow and it’s currently £5 or £6.99 to buy. I’m now frantically trying to finish before I lose access. I know I could just buy the kindle book and then return it (like I do with almost all my kindle purchases…ssssh!) but the challenge is set and I’m on it!

Reactions: 4
I remembered earlier that I needed to cancel my free trial of Kindle Unlimited so I cancelled it and then realised my current book (The Room by Hannah Adkins) was from KU so I’ll lose access to it tomorrow and it’s currently £5 or £6.99 to buy. I’m now frantically trying to finish before I lose access. I know I could just buy the kindle book and then return it (like I do with almost all my kindle purchases…ssssh!) but the challenge is set and I’m on it!
Just take screenshots of it via the kindle app on your phone/tablet 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
A quick jump in to say I got "the fine art of invisible detection" by Robert Goddard for 99p on kindle & was a very pleasantly good read👍

Reactions: 1
I got it on a 99p kindle deal so keep an eye out for that. I’ve not bothered with his second book as it doesn’t look like my thing and very mixed reviews on it.
I read The Maidens and thought it was terrible. Almost felt like it was written by a different author.

Highly recommend The Last Thing to Burn. Someone else mentioned it on here but it was incredible. I listened to it on audible and it was possibly the most suspenseful book I’ve ever read. Heart stopper.

I read The Maidens and thought it was terrible. Almost felt like it was written by a different author.

Highly recommend The Last Thing to Burn. Someone else mentioned it on here but it was incredible. I listened to it on audible and it was possibly the most suspenseful book I’ve ever read. Heart stopper.
I read Last Thing to Burn and it’s definitely one that’s stayed with me. A proper edge of your seat plot!

If anybody loves a thriller I highly recommend The Safest Lies by Megan Miranda. It's a YA novel but doesn't read like one and it's so good that at 2am my OH had to tell me to turn the light off 😁

Omg I cant even imagine listening to it on audible. Was so tense.
Yes!! This added even more tension! Particularly as the narrator was FANTASTIC! She made the bad guy sound so horrifically creepy and sinister (which obviously he was 😆) but I could picture him because of her narration! 😱

I’ve read it and recommended it to friends, really good isn’t it 🙂 so tense and the guy is just awful, gives me the heebie jeebies

I've reviewed three free-for-all books on Netgalley, and finally been approved for the first time for one that I have requested. Two of the free-for-alls have been amazing - I cannot believe I have read them for free.

If anybody loves a thriller I highly recommend The Safest Lies by Megan Miranda. It's a YA novel but doesn't read like one and it's so good that at 2am my OH had to tell me to turn the light off 😁
I have never read a thriller😳 but love YA so might give this a try!

I’ve just finished The Love Hypothesis, loved it! Thanks to who it was that recommended it!
Starting Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets next, I want to read all the Harry Potter books but I’m splitting them up with another book in between

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’d really recommend Lolita for anyone who hasn’t read it. I avoided it for a long time because of the subject matter but it’s an exquisitely written book.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.