Books #7 reading chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know a website you sign up with and get 10 free downloads of books a day if anyone is interested there’s loads of books on there and I highly recommend it
I know the one you mean, but it has been mentioned before and the post was removed. I don't know whether it's a legal site?

Oh feck!! Ive just had notification of a net galley request I did over a week ago. Any others have been approved right away so when I didnt hear anything I requested another. I cant do anymore now 😂 its one I really wanted though so that's good! Best get reading.
I got approved for a book 2 months after requesting 😂 when I saw the email I didn't even know what it was talking about.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I know the one you mean, but it has been mentioned before and the post was removed. I don't know whether it's a legal site?
I use this site too.

I wouldn't publicise it as

A) not sure it is legal
B) I don't want it ti get shut down. Which is more likely if it is promoted etc

I got approved for a book 2 months after requesting 😂 when I saw the email I didn't even know what it was talking about.
tit 😬 hope that doesnt happen to me. Wonder if theyve held out looking for people with more reviews maybe and not had the interest so come back to me. 🙈

Reactions: 1
Netgalley have rejected me twice! My feelings are hurt 😂
Tbf I applied for a few and didnt get them. Yet anyway 😂 Ive tried to be restrained though as I dont want to end up with a backlog. Ive got 10% left of the 2nd one I was approved for and now have another 2 so I think until Im through at least 1 of those I wont ask for anymore.

I keep buying Kindle books too so list is getting bigger at this rate.

Reactions: 5
Finished the court of thorns series (well the main 3) going to have a little break from fantasy and then read the 4th one.

It was a good series, 2nd book was really good, i liked the 3rd but felt at times it became too tween like, the word ‘mate’ was over used.

think i’m going to read beartown next seeing all the rave reviews here. i loved Ove so have high hopes for this.

Reactions: 6
Finished the court of thorns series (well the main 3) going to have a little break from fantasy and then read the 4th one.

It was a good series, 2nd book was really good, i liked the 3rd but felt at times it became too tween like, the word ‘mate’ was over used.

think i’m going to read beartown next seeing all the rave reviews here. i loved Ove so have high hopes for this.
I loved Beartown SO MUCH! It’s quite different from Ove but he is such a good writer!

Reactions: 2
Oh Im excited for you.

I will say I wasnt enthralled for maybe the first 20% but then it took over my life until I finished it.

Benji is the best ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Oh Im excited for you.

I will say I wasnt enthralled for maybe the first 20% but then it took over my life until I finished it.

Benji is the best ❤
Yessss team Benji ❤ ❤

I finished The Bear and the Nightingale- feel lost without it now, loved the main character so much and waiting for the next one to be delivered, can't wait!

• Heart
Yessss team Benji ❤ ❤

I finished The Bear and the Nightingale- feel lost without it now, loved the main character so much and waiting for the next one to be delivered, can't wait!
What did you think of the nightingale?

Finished Hamnet about a week ago and I was so glad to finish it because honestly it was a chore to read. I initially enjoyed it but then just found it more and more tedious. The writing itself was beautiful but I found the story boring. Also I didn’t really like or become invested in any of the characters because I think the author didn’t really let us get to know them in any great depth. But I know so many people who loved this book and it won awards etc so maybe it was just me 🤷‍♀️

Finished The Choice by SJ Ford. Honestly it was so boring imo. It’s at most a courtroom drama and not a thriller at all.
very character driven and not much time spent on the plot

I’ve started The Safest Lies by Megan Miranda. So far so gooooood 😊

Has anyone read Still Life by Sarah Winman? I’ve seen so many reviews singing it’s praises but I’m finding it boring 😬 The cover is very pretty

Finished Hamnet about a week ago and I was so glad to finish it because honestly it was a chore to read. I initially enjoyed it but then just found it more and more tedious. The writing itself was beautiful but I found the story boring. Also I didn’t really like or become invested in any of the characters because I think the author didn’t really let us get to know them in any great depth. But I know so many people who loved this book and it won awards etc so maybe it was just me 🤷‍♀️
I felt like this about Hamnet too. I really wanted to like it. I just didn’t 😂

Has anyone read Still Life by Sarah Winman? I’ve seen so many reviews singing it’s praises but I’m finding it boring 😬 The cover is very pretty
I started reading it but stopped, I got about a third of the way through and just felt like it was a lot of words but nothing actually happened.

I'll go back to it one day though.

Can someone share this website with me please 😂

I have some books available to collect from the library but I just don't know if I'll get through them. I'm tempted to release the hold so someone else can read them and I'll rehold when I'm ready again.

Can someone share this website with me please 😂

I have some books available to collect from the library but I just don't know if I'll get through them. I'm tempted to release the hold so someone else can read them and I'll rehold when I'm ready again.
If you make your google search something like electronic library you'll be able to find it

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.