Books #7 reading chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have so many new books on my kindle I cannot wait to finish the book I'm currently reading and start on the next one!! AHHH so many books so little time!

Reactions: 3
I finished my kindle book last night.

I have a few to choose from

Reminders of Him - Colleen Hoover
The Roadtrip - Beth O'Leary
All The Young Men - Ruth Coker Burns
When I was 10 - Fiona Cummins
How to Kill Your Family - Bella Mackie

Or the two ARC I have are

Dirt Town - Hayley Scrivner
The Patient - Jane Shemilt

I finished my kindle book last night.

I have a few to choose from

Reminders of Him - Colleen Hoover
The Roadtrip - Beth O'Leary
All The Young Men - Ruth Coker Burns
When I was 10 - Fiona Cummins
How to Kill Your Family - Bella Mackie

Or the two ARC I have are

Dirt Town - Hayley Scrivner
The Patient - Jane Shemilt
Ohh if you read reminders of him, let me know your thoughts! I have it on my kindle and it's high on my tbr!

Reactions: 1
Ohh if you read reminders of him, let me know your thoughts! I have it on my kindle and it's high on my tbr!
I read reminders of him the day it was released. And I loved it. Very tearful I thought towards the end as I couldn’t stop crying. I really really recommend

I've just finished We Were Liars, really enjoyed it tbh and like the writing style, I felt I wasn't reading long passages which can get a bit much sometimes if that makes sense?

I have the Spanish Love Deception on my TBR list next but I keep seeing Reminders of Him mentioned on here and Bookstagram and I've got FOMO 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Oh feck!! Ive just had notification of a net galley request I did over a week ago. Any others have been approved right away so when I didnt hear anything I requested another. I cant do anymore now 😂 its one I really wanted though so that's good! Best get reading.
Do you just put your reviews on Netgalley or do you post them elsewhere.

I'm having to review the free-for-all books at the moment to build myself a profile as I keep getting knocked back. I'm onto the third. 1 was a bit dull, the second was very good, and I'm loving the third.

Do you just put your reviews on Netgalley or do you post them elsewhere.

I'm having to review the free-for-all books at the moment to build myself a profile as I keep getting knocked back. I'm onto the third. 1 was a bit dull, the second was very good, and I'm loving the third.
Ive only did two :eek: but I did good reads and net galley and provided the link to my GR. Ive only ever did the request ones and have had 4 now :)

I really didnt like Eleanor Olliphant but I think it is a real marmite one.
Eleanor olliphant was a really rare book for me in that I couldn’t put it down but I finished it and realised

Just finished Everything you ever wanted by Luisa Sauma. Has anyone else read it?

I loved it. But I also really want to discuss the ending with someone, and also hear others opinions as it seems to be a real marmite book on goodreads

I started "All The Young Men" last night... I'm only one chapter in but I can tell this is gonna be very emotional, the author paints a very clear picture of the attitudes at the time. It's heartbreaking.

I'd welcome some Kindle recommendations for my upcoming holiday please!

I like murder mystery, but not a massive fan of the generic Who Dunnit style. I don't mind a bit of Y.A. but not into romance or unrequited love stories. Quite like unusual stories - like Elizabeth is Missing or Kate Atkinson's A God In Ruins. I'm a big fan of fantasy - Terry Pratchett is my favourite author - but I don't have the attention span for big world building books anymore.

So far I've got Song of Achilles, The Guest List and Elinor Olliphant is Completely Fine to take in paperback but need some more as we're going for two weeks and plan to spend most of that time doing nothing but sitting by the pool and reading away!

currently reading the other people by C J Tudor i love her books, the burning girls was one of my favourites from last year

Reactions: 2
Just finished The Salt Path by Raynor Winn and The Outrun by Amy Liptrot. Looking for something similar - both about women facing a crisis, finding solace in nature/walking... can anyone recommend similar memoirs?

Reactions: 4
Just finished The Salt Path by Raynor Winn and The Outrun by Amy Liptrot. Looking for something similar - both about women facing a crisis, finding solace in nature/walking... can anyone recommend similar memoirs?
I haven't personally read it but perhaps Tracks by Robyn Davidson?

I love this kinda thing too! Some are not strictly about women facing a crisis, but all these are female nature memoirs or nature having some kind of impact ...

Amy Liptrot has a new book out - The Instant - I haven't read it though, so don't know what it's like

I really liked Anne Cholawo's Island on the Edge: A Life on Soay. Much superior to Tamsin Calidas's I Am An Island which was hyped up but I loathed it.

Also, Danie Couchman's Afloat is about living on a narrowboat and life after an assault.

Catrina Davies' book Homesick: Why I Live in a Shed. Also a good read about Cornwall and how the housing crisis impacts on young locals.

Katherine May's The Electricity of Every Living Thing is about walking around the south west coast path as she's diagnosed with Aspergers. Also, Wintering by the same author.

Lamorna Ash - Dark, Salt, Clear: Life in a Cornish Fishing Town. I really enjoyed this, but can't decide if that's the case because I know the area so well. It's well written, though.

Claire Nelson's book The Things I learned From Falling gets good reviews but I haven't read it.

Beth Lynch Where the Hornbeam Grows "is a memoir about carrying a garden inwardly through loss, dislocation and relocation, about finding a sense of wellbeing in a green place of your own, and about the limits of paradise in a peopled world "

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I love this kinda thing too! Some are not strictly about women facing a crisis, but all these are female nature memoirs or nature having some kind of impact ...

Amy Liptrot has a new book out - The Instant - I haven't read it though, so don't know what it's like

I really liked Anne Cholawo's Island on the Edge: A Life on Soay. Much superior to Tamsin Calidas's I Am An Island which was hyped up but I loathed it.

Also, Danie Couchman's Afloat is about living on a narrowboat and life after an assault.

Catrina Davies' book Homesick: Why I Live in a Shed. Also a good read about Cornwall and how the housing crisis impacts on young locals.

Katherine May's The Electricity of Every Living Thing is about walking around the south west coast path as she's diagnosed with Aspergers. Also, Wintering by the same author.

Lamorna Ash - Dark, Salt, Clear: Life in a Cornish Fishing Town. I really enjoyed this, but can't decide if that's the case because I know the area so well. It's well written, though.

Claire Nelson's book The Things I learned From Falling gets good reviews but I haven't read it.

Beth Lynch Where the Hornbeam Grows "is a memoir about carrying a garden inwardly through loss, dislocation and relocation, about finding a sense of wellbeing in a green place of your own, and about the limits of paradise in a peopled world "
Thank you so much! I already have Homesick and Wintering sitting on my shelf so will head to them next. Excited to look up the others too!

I'd welcome some Kindle recommendations for my upcoming holiday please!

I like murder mystery, but not a massive fan of the generic Who Dunnit style. I don't mind a bit of Y.A. but not into romance or unrequited love stories. Quite like unusual stories - like Elizabeth is Missing or Kate Atkinson's A God In Ruins. I'm a big fan of fantasy - Terry Pratchett is my favourite author - but I don't have the attention span for big world building books anymore.

So far I've got Song of Achilles, The Guest List and Elinor Olliphant is Completely Fine to take in paperback but need some more as we're going for two weeks and plan to spend most of that time doing nothing but sitting by the pool and reading away!
I loved the silent patient, its so good and kept you guessing right to the end.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.