Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I’ve been so absent from this thread 😔 haven’t been in the best place mentally/physically to read much if I’m honest, and I get overwhelmed coming here and feeling like I’ve failed 2022 already 😣 I know how stupid that looks.

but I love the idea of the book club coming back, it just didn’t quite get off the ground last time, but now there’s more of an established community it could work.
Hope everyone is doing ok!

any recommendations from current releases that others loved?

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
I first read the diary of Anne Frank when I was about 12 and I’ve got a fond attachment to it (if that doesn’t sound weird). I’ve read it so many times I’ve lost count!

If you enjoy it (enjoy might be the wrong word) then there’s another book I recommend written by Miep Gies, who was the lady who helped them, it was absolutely fascinating and she is a true hero! The book is called Anne Frank Remembered.

Very apt talking about this, as it’s holocaust Memorial Day.
I remember reading The Diary of Anne Frank around the same age and being so fascinated by it. I then read as much as I could on the internet about her and her family and have been enthralled with the narrative ever since. However my biggest memory with that book is that I finished it one night while on holiday with my parents and was so excited to tell them I was done and to talk all about it that I burst in their room and found them well, let’s just say not sleeping 🤦🏼‍♀️ Scarred for life doesn’t cover it!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

BroccoliBanana

Would anyone be interested in bringing the Tattle book club back to life?

My local library only runs a mid week club which I can't attend as I work 9 til 5. Maybe an online one would be better, anyway?.

I imagine it would start with a poll of some easily accessible books, for us to decide. We could create a new thread for each book, and discuss without deadlines. You could dip in and out as you please, all within the comfort of your home! 🥳

Thoughts? I see the last Tattle book club attempt didn't last long, but it's been almost a year since it stopped!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Kindle update - I bloody love the thing, i'm reading so much faster and the books are so much cheaper.
Honestly, should've got one ages ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Your replies 🥺 they mean so much, thank you!
I know it’s a stupid thing to be upset about 😫 its just always been such a big part of my week/life that it feels so weird to have absolutely no desire to read/no concentration to be able to read, It’s frustrating 😣 I’m fully aware I’m pathetic 🤣
and I felt like I couldn’t contribute here because I wasn’t going to be able to contribute anything worth while 😓

anyway enough moaning for I’m me!! I’m catching up on all the posts I’ve avoided 🙈 I missed the chats and positively on here! ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 16

BaileyMC

VIP Member
I love how everyone has different opinions on books. How some of us could absolutely love one book, and others don’t like it at all. It’s interesting and fun to read everyone’s opinions on books

Reactions: 15

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I’ve been struggling to get into ANYTHING
same, same 😞

I first read the diary of Anne Frank when I was about 12 and I’ve got a fond attachment to it (if that doesn’t sound weird). I’ve read it so many times I’ve lost count!

If you enjoy it (enjoy might be the wrong word) then there’s another book I recommend written by Miep Gies, who was the lady who helped them, it was absolutely fascinating and she is a true hero! The book is called Anne Frank Remembered.

Very apt talking about this, as it’s holocaust Memorial Day.
This sounds like something I’d be interested in! Just got it!

Thank you to and ALL of you for being bloody fabulous, encouraging, supportive, all around brilliant members 😌

• Heart

nbt

VIP Member
I’m being all fancy with this template I saw on Instagram but I think book covers are exciting and easier for others to see what might take their fancy.

3D971D4E-DA64-4023-A240-B6C962EA1535.jpeg

So a total of THIRTEEN books for January, I’m very happy with that. Three were audio books.

The stand out book for me was I Know Who You Are but all of them I gave at least 3/5 so no truly terrible reads at all.

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
ok now I’m excited to read again 😆 I can’t say this enough times, I love the support, friendly nature and interactions on here.
even when we don’t agree.

i have borrowed to paradise from the library p and renewed it already, absolutely know I’d never get past the first few pages at the min, it’s available again in April so I might return it and give someone else a go before me.

Everyone has different tastes and anyone reading anything is wonderful I reckon.

Especially in todays society where I cant even focus on a tv show for scrolling on my god damn phone.

I hope my kids grow up to still enjoy books as adults and even if they only read smut books available on kindle unlimited theyre still reading 😅
some of the best books I’ve read have also included sex positions I didn’t even know were physically possible to perform 😐
they do say reading is great for the imagination 😕

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I've moved, my kindle is fully charged and life is starting to feel somewhat normal again. I'm hoping to find time later to go through my kindle TBR pile and make a decision on my next read.

I missed you guys ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Everyone has different tastes and anyone reading anything is wonderful I reckon.

Especially in todays society where I cant even focus on a tv show for scrolling on my god damn phone.

I hope my kids grow up to still enjoy books as adults and even if they only read smut books available on kindle unlimited theyre still reading 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 12

JLXRD

VIP Member
Finished my HP & the goblet of fire re read and really enjoyed it, fun escapism and nostalgia at its best as well as being a really great story no matter how many times I read it.

Now going to read Daisy Jones and the Six by TJR, have heard good things and loved Evelyn Hugo so have high hopes 🤞🏻

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
I’ve been so absent from this thread 😔 haven’t been in the best place mentally/physically to read much if I’m honest, and I get overwhelmed coming here and feeling like I’ve failed 2022 already 😣 I know how stupid that looks.
Aww, lovely. Don't be so hard on yourself. 2022 won't be judged on the first 23 days of it, and so what if we get to the end of 2022 and we only read 2 books, it isn't life or death. I hope things ease up for you soon. Maybe go back to one of your old favourite books and have a cosy, comfortable re- read.

A Terrible Kindness by Jo Browning Wroe looks like a nice new release.

---

I like the idea of Amazon first reads for the book club, but I know not everyone has Amazon Prime nor lives in the right country to be eligible or even has a Kindle.

• Heart

HoGi

VIP Member
Another pro for kindles. I had to take my husband to a hospital appointment today. It should have been a quick 30 mins in and out but for whatever reason he ended up being there 2 hours.

I didn't bring my kindle as I thought tattle would keep me occupied, but after 30 mins I was bored. Kindle app on my phone to the rescue! Pick up where I left off before bed last night without having to carry a book or any other device.

Warpaint

VIP Member
Going to start The Diary Of Anne Frank tomorrow. No idea what it will be like but it's one of those you hear so much about there's a curiously to read it.

I'm getting a lot of books from HMV at the moment. It's 2 for £6 and there's loads of good titles.

Reactions: 11

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Ive managed 8 books this month.

2 audible
3 net galley
3 off my kindle TBR list.

However Ive bought 10 kindle books and 4 audible books this month. 🙈

Brought our 2nd puppy home yesterday so I cant see me getting much reading, if any done in the month of February.

• Heart
  • Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
Ladies please if it’s okay that I can share a book website with you to save yourself a ton of money when reading can someone let me know if it’s okay to share the website as I’m not sure but believe me when I tell you this site is amazing and it’s free thanks
No.

Sharing links to free book sites is not allowed as would put tattle on dodgy grounds and quite frankly we have enough to deal with influencers smearing here. I'm sure anyone can find them if they want to.

If everyone didn't pay for books then they wouldn't exist.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
100% agree with this; enjoyed the book but was v.predictable and slow to start. love the fake dating trope when it’s done well though.

feel the same about colleen hoovers writing; tik tok always be raving about her books but i just find them so incredibly dull and her writing just isn’t my cup of tea
i just can’t get on board the Colleen Hoovers love train, I’ve read the book club book….. before, I’ve read that book before 😐
It’s a knock off of another authors work, but I digress….
The social media authors have very basic talent and very basic ideas stolen from others and I will die on that hill 😐 I include Taylor Jenkins Reid in that lot.

• Heart

Dollenganger

VIP Member
I’ve just read Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine - absolutely loved it. I can’t find a bad thing to say about it. Just lovely.

Also I’ve just got around to reading Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier and it was so compelling, if a bit unbelievable at times so I’d definitely recommend that.

Recently, I also read a true crime book called ‘Happy Like Murderers’ about the Cromwell Street murders. It gives a lot of insight into Fred West’s psychopathy in particular.

Books that I would recommend reading if you haven’t yet ;

Cat’s Eye - Margaret Atwood
The Secret History - Donna Tartt
Lolita
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde