Books #7 reading chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I read David Nicholls' 'One Day' while I was a student at Edinburgh University. I found a copy in a bookshop here in France last week and bought it to read again. Watched the film tonight; I hate Anne Hathaway's accent but it had me sobbing! Going to re-read the book now!
This is one of my favourite books ❤ my copy is so creased and battered from all of the rereads and people I've leant it to - the sign of a well loved book 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The Spanish love deception is really good too! It is similar to The Love Hypothesis, but I think the Love Hypothesis was better. But that’s just my opinion ☺
Yes I’ve not read Spanish Love Deception but I’ve seen people say Love Hypothesis is better and i’d be inclined to agree purely cos I couldn’t fault it 😂

Would absolutely love a book club 💙

A book club would be great. I think there are more of us now who are active on this thread to keep it going.

Reactions: 8
Started reading One Step too Far by Lisa Gardner last night and really enjoying it. She's imo been in a bit of a slump but this is a newish character. Recommend for anybody that has been disappointed by her laterly :)

I'm up for a book club! I was in the last Tattle one and it was really great. Not sure why we stopped

Reactions: 6
Would anyone be interested in bringing the Tattle book club back to life?

My local library only runs a mid week club which I can't attend as I work 9 til 5. Maybe an online one would be better, anyway?.

I imagine it would start with a poll of some easily accessible books, for us to decide. We could create a new thread for each book, and discuss without deadlines. You could dip in and out as you please, all within the comfort of your home! 🥳

Thoughts? I see the last Tattle book club attempt didn't last long, but it's been almost a year since it stopped!
I'd definitely be up for this as it's pushed me way outside my comfort zone and prompted me to read a book I wouldn't normally consider. The Push is one of my top favourites and I think it was the last book club choice?

Book club aside, I've read some cracking books thanks to the recommendations from you lovely lot.

Maybe a separate one? Just to keep it in one place in case anyone on this thread doesn't want to join
Glad to see so many people are up for reviving the Book Club!

I have contacted mods to unlock the topic so we can post again, to add Book Club thread #5, and to move the topic from Gossip to Off Topic, as that's where we are now.

Reactions: 9
Glad to see so many people are up for reviving the Book Club!

I have contacted mods to unlock the topic so we can post again, to add Book Club thread #5, and to move the topic from Gossip to Off Topic, as that's where we are now.
I can’t wait 😄

Reactions: 2
I’ve been so absent from this thread 😔 haven’t been in the best place mentally/physically to read much if I’m honest, and I get overwhelmed coming here and feeling like I’ve failed 2022 already 😣 I know how stupid that looks.

but I love the idea of the book club coming back, it just didn’t quite get off the ground last time, but now there’s more of an established community it could work.
Hope everyone is doing ok!

any recommendations from current releases that others loved?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I’ve been so absent from this thread 😔 haven’t been in the best place mentally/physically to read much if I’m honest, and I get overwhelmed coming here and feeling like I’ve failed 2022 already 😣 I know how stupid that looks.

but I love the idea of the book club coming back, it just didn’t quite get off the ground last time, but now there’s more of an established community it could work.

Hope you are feeling okay 💙 You’ve not failed 2022, there’s still 342 days left. Take your time and when it feels right, it will feel right x

I’m enjoying Sophie Cousen’s - Just Haven’t Met You Yet which is fairly new. I was in Sainsburys earlier and like the look of the new Heather Morris book and there was a book called The Maid/Maid which looked interesting!

Reactions: 8

Oh gosh, sending you a hug! I have missed you! I know how you feel, I’ve been struggling to find books I love and have been comfort reading Agatha Christie!
I have just been lurking the thread instead of posting xxx

• Heart
What about one of the amazon first reads? We could all pick it (doesn’t cost anything really) and would be a good way for people to try things

What about one of the amazon first reads? We could all pick it (doesn’t cost anything really) and would be a good way for people to try things
I like that idea because I currently download the book and then forget about it.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling your best, life is strange right now. We've lived through a global pandemic, endured loss, missed seeing our loved ones, had to follow strict guidelines and generally had any spontaneity stripped from us. Whilst restrictions have been lifted, it's still a lot to process and then there's the fear of a new variant arriving. Day by day is how I survive, sometimes it's hour by hour. Take your time and do what's best for you and I hope you'll feel better soon.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.