Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone read The Master & Margarita? I was loving it at the beginning but now I'm half way through, I feel like it's starting to lose me a little. Any tips on powering through?

I'm enjoying the Prime October freebie "her perfect family" its really readable.

Reactions: 2
I'm enjoying the Prime October freebie "her perfect family" its really readable.
That’s next on my TBR list after Fifty Fifty - glad you’re enjoying.

I started The Passing Storm that was one of my Amazon First Reads in October and despite it only being 307 pages long, it took me 10 days to get to 40% - I just had no desire to keep going on so gave up. I was only managing to read a chapter before putting it down and doing something else. I’ll go back to it at some point but I just wasn’t feeling it as I read it.

Started The Appeal by Janice Hallett last night as I couldn’t sleep. Thought that because it was all documents I wouldn’t get into it and would be sleeping in no time. I was hooked! Read 100 pages and had to make myself stop. Loving it so far. Has anyone else read it??
One of the best books I’ve read this year!

Reactions: 1
Anyone read The Master & Margarita? I was loving it at the beginning but now I'm half way through, I feel like it's starting to lose me a little. Any tips on powering through?
No way, I'm literally in the same place! I read just under half, and was loving it to begin with, but then I just lost track of all of the people and the plot. I put it aside for a few weeks and haven't touched it since, and now it's even harder to keep going because there's no chance I can remember what bizarre thing happened to which person... I have heard part 2 is supposed to be better, so I might give it another go when I finish up with my current reads...

Reactions: 3
No way, I'm literally in the same place! I read just under half, and was loving it to begin with, but then I just lost track of all of the people and the plot. I put it aside for a few weeks and haven't touched it since, and now it's even harder to keep going because there's no chance I can remember what bizarre thing happened to which person... I have heard part 2 is supposed to be better, so I might give it another go when I finish up with my current reads...
Ohh glad it's not just me! That's good to hear, I was really into it so I want to give it a chance instead of just giving up but lile you, the names and incidents have blurred into each other in my mind. Let me know if you continue reading it x

I've finished The Plot by Jean Hanff Korelitz. I thought it was another good read. I definitely didn't guess some of the twists and it left me pleasantly surprised.
Price on kindle = £5.03. Add that to the book I finished on the weekend that is £9.56 and I still have 3 more to read. Thank you to my local library ❤

Reactions: 5
This thread is dangerous - I keep lurking to get inspiration for books and then buying them on Kindle! 🤭

Luckily I've got a gift voucher to use up (is it just me that thinks you can't actually get anything decent as a little treat of Amazon these days?!) but it'll only go so far to fuel my kindle buying addiction.

If only I read as fast as I buy...

Reactions: 7
I feel like I am the only one who doesn't like Ove. I started reading it weeks ago but left it at about 60%, I felt like I was reading through treacle with all those words that days so little. I will force myself to go back and finish it one day, but really I'd rather watch paint dry.

I feel like I am the only one who doesn't like Ove. I started reading it weeks ago but left it at about 60%, I felt like I was reading through treacle with all those words that days so little. I will force myself to go back and finish it one day, but really I'd rather watch paint dry.
I think the writing of it can be a bit jarring, i felt it was a bit like a bunch of short stories which i wasnt in love with. But i ended up falling a bit in love with Ove himself

Life’s too short to read a book you aren’t enjoying x

Never mind the instahuns, you guys have influenced me to buy more books than I currently have time to read 😅 I've just downloaded A Man Called Ove since it was such a good deal and all 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Has any one read the CJ Sansom Tudor series? I think the first is called Dissolution. I was disappointed with Wolf Hall but was so excited about a Tudor series so thinking this one might be a better read.

Has any one read the CJ Sansom Tudor series? I think the first is called Dissolution. I was disappointed with Wolf Hall but was so excited about a Tudor series so thinking this one might be a better read.
I have only heard them dramatised on Radio 4 (well worth a listen - probably still on BBC Sounds) and they were very good. Interesting plots and atmospheric.

They are brilliant and you've reminded me I need to read the latest which is on my tbr for ages.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.