Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved Behind Closed Doors. So creepy. I started So Lucky by Dawn O Porter last night, long chapters which puts me off from the get go. Look down and its 17 mins left (Im a quick reader too) I should probably turn that off. 😂

Reactions: 2
So I read another Christmas book today 😳 - Christmas Lights and Snowball Fights by Beth Rain. This one was much more festive - a cute village, country pub, tree lighting ceremony, carol service, snowball flight, sleigh ride and of course a typical cheesy romantic storyline.

Would recommend if you’re looking for a festive, feel good, quick and easy read.
Thank you! Downloading now. Kindle unlimited too. 🎉

I'm reading Mexican Gothic- it's really dull. Has anyone else read it and does it pick up at all? Literally all the MC is doing is errands and walking around a creepy house.

I just finished small pleasures, stil felt eh about it, not something I would recommend to a fellow reader.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I'm reading Mexican Gothic- it's really dull. Has anyone else read it and does it pick up at all? Literally all the MC is doing is errands and walking around a creepy house.
Yes, it does pick up but the atmospheric description of the house etc seems what appeals to readers, at least this what I gathered from the GoodRead reviews

I’m reading ‘the 100 year old man who climbed out a window’ just now and am about 100 pages in. It’s had mixed reviews on good reads but had been an easy enough read so far

Reactions: 4
I have started “the plot” today after putting it off since Monday. Still getting started so no thoughts yet. I saw this and thought of you all 😂

I’m reading my library book and missing my kindle!
D78C10C6-734F-423B-BA53-ED654FACE273.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Been awake since 3am and managed to finish The One Hundred Years of Lenni and Margot. I was right - it did absolutely break my heart. One of those books all about life and death and everything in-between.

Now off to navigate two small children through the morning on hardly any sleep!

I’m starting Lucy in the Sky today, because of the below! Anyone fancy joining?

70E33645-8DAB-4CB2-944C-DB4EDEE68090.jpeg

Currently visiting my grandparents in Europe and am only here for 7 days. I was about 2 chapters in to Pop Song by Larissa Pham when I left but finished it within 2 days (I did read the majority of it all throughout my flight). I’d also brought Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens which I’ve just finished. It was a great book, however I am a little miffed by the ending. I have The Dangers of Smoking in Bed by Mariana Enriquez waiting at home, which I’m looking forward to reading. It’s gonna be a long flight home without a book. Maybe I’ll ask my gran if I can pinch one of hers.

ETA: hello! I’m new to this thread. Have loved looking through all the suggestions here, my reading list has most definitely expanded!

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Started The Appeal by Janice Hallett last night as I couldn’t sleep. Thought that because it was all documents I wouldn’t get into it and would be sleeping in no time. I was hooked! Read 100 pages and had to make myself stop. Loving it so far. Has anyone else read it??

Oh it picked up, but in a bad way.

Let's just say that I think that author REALLY hates
mushrooms

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Oh it picked up, but in a bad way.

Let's just say that I think that author REALLY hates
mushrooms
That was not the word I was expecting :LOL: (I haven't read it but it's on my list)

I'm re-reading Michael Robotham's second in the Cyrus Haven series (When She Was Good). I listened to it on audio and had to rush the end, so I'm re-reading which I very, very rarely do. I really enjoy his writing and is probably one of my favourite crime thriller writers and find he's often overlooked in favour of people like Mark Billingham ... whose last two books I DNF'd.

• Haha
Started The Appeal by Janice Hallett last night as I couldn’t sleep. Thought that because it was all documents I wouldn’t get into it and would be sleeping in no time. I was hooked! Read 100 pages and had to make myself stop. Loving it so far. Has anyone else read it??
I loved it. I like that format. Her new book is on my wishlist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.