Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reading Daisy Jones and the Six, struggling with it took me 3 weeks so far nearly finished but not as fantastic as it hyped up to be.

Reactions: 5
I binged Rock Paper Scissors yesterday, I found the first maybe 70% quite captivating and some of the twists were good but overall it was just a bit unbelievable wasnt it?

I didnt realise until last night Id read another of Alice Feeneys books before (I know who you are) and I think I felt the same about that.

Her pace is good and she definitely makes you want to keep reading but I feel the twists were just a bit far fetched.

I knew I need a quick easy read after Beartown and this type of book is my go to. Short chapters, not an overly long book and a thriller.

I have 3 or 4 physical books Ive started over the past few months and havent finished just because Im struggling to pick the actual book up not because the story isnt good. Im finding picking up my kindle so much easier so I think I need to stop buying actual books which makes me sad because I love browsing book shops so much and coming away with a purchase.

Reactions: 2
Another book finished within 24 hours... Really really enjoyed Such a fun age! I am so glad I got it from the library now.
I think I will read the plot next. That is another one I have been looking forward to.

Reactions: 4
Just started small pleasures by clare chambers, quite intriguing storyline but I can’t warm to the main character.

anyone else who has read it? Is it Worth sticking with?

Reactions: 3
Just started small pleasures by clare chambers, quite intriguing storyline but I can’t warm to the main character.

I'd say stick with it. It's a really great book. One of the best I've read this year.

• Heart

I read it and really enjoyed it, but, I did love the main character. I would say keep at it a little longer, but don't feel too bad if you quit. It was more about the style, atmosphere and characters that made it a good experience for me

• Heart
Finished a few books this weekend,

State of terror by Hillary Clinton.
The chestnut man by soren Sveistrup
His and hers by Alice feeney
And
living my best lie/life by Claire Frost which is another Instagram influencer themed book.

I haven’t been able to listen to and audio book in ages but I’ve just got beautiful world where are you, not sure if I want to bother with it 😂

I have a new job and I will be managing a team of people which I never done before! So thought I would ask here, any book (or podcast) recommendations around management or leadership which are ‘down to earth’?

I have a new job and I will be managing a team of people which I never done before! So thought I would ask here, any book (or podcast) recommendations around management or leadership which are ‘down to earth’?
I love Lead Like by Mary by Barry Dore. It’s so readable and you can totally see how the approaches would work in the workplace.

Reactions: 1
Ask A Manager is a great resource. I think you can get her book on the Kindle and there's lots of information on her website (just Google Ask A Manager as I'm not sure if we can add links?).

Honestly the fact youre even asking this makes me think youl be great! 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm reading The Hating Game. It's not my favourite, but I was actually excited to get into bed and read after work tonight (for the first time in a while), so I'm back into reading again!
I've moved to Normandy and my proximity to Paris and the incredible Shakespeare and Co bookshop is dangerous for my bank account - I have purposefully not bought a bookshelf for my flat as I know I'll fill it and never be able to move all the books if I come back to the UK (before I even think about my extensive collection at my partner's in Scotland 😂).
The Paris Connection is next on my list, anyone read it?

Reactions: 7
I’ve only re-read a couple of books ever but recently I started reading Pilgrim by Terry Hayes again and just finished this wkend.
Amazing! Still waiting for his next book 10 years later 😂

Just started reading T.R Ragan - Count to three, not sure if I’m enjoying it. Well written but maybe a bit boring

Just started Dracula by Bram Stoker in honour of the season! Been craving something gothic and I'm hoping it goes well 🧛‍♂️

**Pulling up a chair**
How do everyone👋
I've lost my mojo, intended to find a read tonight but ended up on Tattle and inadvertently found this thread.
I like the author Conrad Jones and also genres to do with crime murder suspense, dark love story's, smutt.
Any recommendations to get my teeth back in to something good?
I need to get back on goodreads to remind myself what I've already read 😆

Reactions: 1
So I read another Christmas book today 😳 - Christmas Lights and Snowball Fights by Beth Rain. This one was much more festive - a cute village, country pub, tree lighting ceremony, carol service, snowball flight, sleigh ride and of course a typical cheesy romantic storyline.

Would recommend if you’re looking for a festive, feel good, quick and easy read.

Reactions: 10
I’ve been pretty slow with the last few books I’ve read and not really had a stand out one.

Yesterday I finished Behind Closed Doors by BA Paris and loved it! Read it in two sittings. Anyone else read it? Or other books by the same author? I have The Therapist by her too.

Reactions: 6
I’ve been pretty slow with the last few books I’ve read and not really had a stand out one.

Yesterday I finished Behind Closed Doors by BA Paris and loved it! Read it in two sittings. Anyone else read it? Or other books by the same author? I have The Therapist by her too.
I think behind closed doors has had quite mixed reviews on here. I personally loved it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.