Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok I couldn't get into the arrest or Thursday murder club so I returned the books to the library. I thought I might as well return them and can always give them another go in future.
3 of my on hold books were available so for the next 3 weeks I have:
The farm by Joanne Ramos
The coven by Lizzie Fry
and The glass hotel by Emily St. John Mandel
I really enjoyed The Glass Hotel.

Currently reading pretty girls by karin slaughter.

really enjoying it so far. Has anyone else read this?

Read the nanny by Melissa Nathan last night, the first half was actually quite funny and enjoyable, glad I read it because it’s one less on my kindle app but It wouldn’t be something I’d rush to recommend, didn’t realise it was 13 years old until I’d finished, however it explains a lot 😂 like why they have house phones and write actual notes for each other 😂

Now I need to find a new book 😫

Reactions: 1
I just finished a brilliant book "the couple at number 9" by Claire Douglas. I literally did not put it down except to do life things. It also had a satisfying ending unlike some books I've read recently when the ending let them down.

Reactions: 5
Have been reading Animal Lovers by Rob Palk recently. It's really funny, and sad in parts. He's a witty writer who seems to get the balance of the subjects just right.

I need to finish what I start 😂 I'll get half way through then stop an never get back to it then start another, I've been trying to get through the twisted disney books, so far all I've finished is the aladdin one, done half of sleeping beauty, little mermaid an snow white lol

I just finished a brilliant book "the couple at number 9" by Claire Douglas. I literally did not put it down except to do life things. It also had a satisfying ending unlike some books I've read recently when the ending let them down.
this is on my tbr!!!!

Reactions: 2
Excellent thread. If you’ve not read Lolita, I would highly recommend. Horrible subject matter but the writing is exquisite and forces you to take an uncomfortable look at how society treats victims.

Reactions: 6
Just seen that there is a sequel to Rachel’s Holiday being released in Feb. One of my favourite ever books🤩

Could anyone recommend me some Audible recommendations? I have 3 credits to use or Ill be paying full price but I cant threaten to cancel without losing the credits.

I prefer non fiction / biographies / auto biographies (doesnt need to be a famous person if theyve got an interesting story to tell) on Audible but currently listening to Celeste Ng - Everything I Never Told You and enjoying it.

I also listened to Shuggie Bain which I liked in Audio. Didnt like The Perfect Wife much. I adored Trevor Noah's autobiography, it was brilliant and also liked This is Going to Hurt by Adam Kay and Unnatural Causes.

I like True Crime too and thought American Kingpin was really interesting.

I wouldnt listen to chick lit I dont think.

I recently listened to Hidden Valley Road on Audible, it is about the Galvin family who had 12 children and half of them were diagnosed with schizophrenia. It is about why that happened, nature v nurture etc, it was fascinating.

Reactions: 3
I recently listened to Hidden Valley Road on Audible, it is about the Galvin family who had 12 children and half of them were diagnosed with schizophrenia. It is about why that happened, nature v nurture etc, it was fascinating.
Just had a look and its definitely something that would interest me. Have bought it! Thank you.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.