Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am reading Anxious People by the same author, and it's great as well. Fredrik Backman is one of my favourite authors I think. Anxious People is 99p on Kindle too.
Just bought it there - thanks for the tip off on the price šŸ„°

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Has any one read the CJ Sansom Tudor series? I think the first is called Dissolution. I was disappointed with Wolf Hall but was so excited about a Tudor series so thinking this one might be a better read.
These sound right up my mums street! Have popped them in my basket for her for Xmas šŸ˜Š

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Started reading 'the beresford' by Will Carver earlier. Its so good so far.
I'm excited to continue reading it tomorrow

Sorry I canā€™t remember who on here recommended Sweetpea by CJ Skuse but I finished it today. Really enjoyed it. Donā€™t be fooled by the name as itā€™s not a romance, serial killer meets comedy!

Started reading 'the beresford' by Will Carver earlier. Its so good so far.
I'm excited to continue reading it tomorrow
I read this this week! also just finished Susan Lewis ā€œI have something to tell youā€ and my one true north by Milly Johnson, and the wedding thief, which was a random library borrow.

and possibly the worst author Iā€™ve ever read, Susan Mallory with the Christmas wedding guestā€¦ something or other šŸ˜‚ gosh it was painful.

bloody love the library šŸ˜ŒšŸ˜ŒšŸ˜Œ Iā€™ve just borrowed Sarah Morganā€™s new CHRISTMAS BOOK šŸ˜šŸ˜

Reactions: 6
I sat down to read A Tale of Two Cities by Charles dickens,it opens with 'It was the best of times, it was the worst of times',so I thought if he can't make his mind up what is the point of carrying on reading it.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
So finished Daisy Jones finally, didnā€™t enjoy it, very over hyped, wasnā€™t the worse book ever but it was just bland in places and the characters was mostly irritating, I dunno maybe it was the transcript format, I hope her next two books are better.

I seriously donā€™t know how people can read 4 books on the go I struggle with one.

Reactions: 5
I have only heard them dramatised on Radio 4 (well worth a listen - probably still on BBC Sounds) and they were very good. Interesting plots and atmospheric.
They are brilliant and you've reminded me I need to read the latest which is on my tbr for ages.
Oo good to hear, I'm excited to try them now! I just bought the first one.

Reactions: 1
Iā€™m about a quarter of the way through ā€˜The Last House on Needless Streetā€™ and Iā€™m finding the sections from the POV of the cat really jarring - has anybody else read it and felt like this? Does it get better?!

Iā€™m about a quarter of the way through ā€˜The Last House on Needless Streetā€™ and Iā€™m finding the sections from the POV of the cat really jarring - has anybody else read it and felt like this? Does it get better?!
I struggled with that book!

Reactions: 1
I loved The Last House on Needless Street, I really enjoyed the cats narrative. It's certainly different and I get why not everyone would enjoy it, bit I found it compelling. I'd even go so far as to say its my favourite book this year so far.

Ok I couldn't get into the arrest or Thursday murder club so I returned the books to the library. I thought I might as well return them and can always give them another go in future.
3 of my on hold books were available so for the next 3 weeks I have:
The farm by Joanne Ramos
The coven by Lizzie Fry
and The glass hotel by Emily St. John Mandel

I loved The Last House on Needless Street, I really enjoyed the cats narrative. It's certainly different and I get why not everyone would enjoy it, bit I found it compelling. I'd even go so far as to say its my favourite book this year so far.
I really enjoyed it too. Itā€™s one of the books that I can actually remember most of the plot too now months later. Itā€™s odd and got me confused at parts but I did really enjoy it.

Iā€™m reading ā€˜the 100 year old man who climbed out a windowā€™ just now and am about 100 pages in. Itā€™s had mixed reviews on good reads but had been an easy enough read so far
It wasn't bad but wore me down a bit in the end.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.