Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread 5! ๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“–

the previous 4000 (plus) comments.....
(where we all encourage and enable reckless spending via the amazon kindle website. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚)
can be found under the tag!
be warned ๐Ÿ˜‚ it will cost you.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
So excited to have found this thread!

I'm trying to get out of a reading slump at the moment - I read 9 books in one months and my brain was fried. But I'm reading a feel-good book that usually helps me get back on track (Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell) and I think it might work!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
30 books in 30 days for my "self care September" took a dip yesterday, but I'm blaming getting my second covid jab. Will catch up today!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Just started 56 days after a recommendation on here and omg I literally canโ€™t put it down!! Itโ€™s sooo good! This is my fav thread on here, but it really just encourages my book buying addiction ๐Ÿ˜œ

Currently listening to About a Boy by Nick Hornby on Audible, it's brilliant. Love the film too

Picked up some books at the car boot sale...
Dead Famous by Ben Elton
Chart Throb by Ben Elton
Armadillo by William Boyd

Careless by Kirsty Capes

I really wanted to enjoy this and read through all of it but I made it to the middle of Chapter 2 at most. There's no speech marks and some sentences run on forever so it was hard to comprehend what was happening. I can only assume it was a stylistic choice to represent the character but ehh

Reactions: 2
Oh dear, 4 pages of unread Kindle books, a book shelf of unread books, 2 pages of recommendations from you lovely lot and Iโ€™ve just discovered some more to read lists in 2 old notebooks!๐Ÿ˜„ Need more hours in the day please๐Ÿ˜Š

Reactions: 8
Unpopular opinion on here - I enjoyed Girl, Woman, Other ๐Ÿคญ I listened to the audiobook and you couldn't tell the book was in an annoying format and lacked punctuation. I'd have been put off reading it in print.

Rejoined the library to try and find my reading mojo again.
Picked up 'rules for perfect murders' by Peter Swanson

Enjoying it so far

Off to read through all the threads now to get recommendations

Reactions: 4
Finished wife in the fast lane - loved it!
Then started Emily Griffin/love the one youโ€™re with. Nothing special, but itโ€™s an easy read.

Finished Piranesi by Susanna Clarke last night, stayed up just to finish it because I really enjoyed it! Would give it a 4.5 stars, really loved the main character, and it was really atmospheric.

Would love to know if anyone has tried Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by the same author, and if you recommend it! It seems to be an absolute tome but if it's as good as Piranesi, I'll try to make time for it!

Reactions: 4
Rejoined the library to try and find my reading mojo again.
Picked up 'rules for perfect murders' by Peter Swanson

Enjoying it so far

Off to read through all the threads now to get recommendations

Ooooh yeah I love Peter Swanson! that was a good one. I like his other books too.

Reactions: 3
Finished Piranesi by Susanna Clarke last night, stayed up just to finish it because I really enjoyed it! Would give it a 4.5 stars, really loved the main character, and it was really atmospheric.

Would love to know if anyone has tried Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by the same author, and if you recommend it! It seems to be an absolute tome but if it's as good as Piranesi, I'll try to make time for it!
It is no where near as good as Piranesi. About 100 pages longer than it needs to be with over complicated characters.

• Heart

Iโ€™ve had Piranesi on my TBR pile for a while but felt a bit intimidated by it. I think Iโ€™ll read it next.

Currently reading A Thousand Splendid Suns. Itโ€™s the first real book Iโ€™ve read this year Iโ€™m ashamed to say, and only because my MIL lent it to me. Iโ€™ve become a kindle addict.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Has anyone read the new Sally Rooney yet? I am interested to see how it compares to her other two books.

Ooh Piranesi added to the list.

I loved Jonathan Strange, although I did struggle with the last 100 pages, I feel like I don't want to recommend such a long book though in case you don't enjoy it! (but i really did love it!)

• Heart
Has anyone read the new Sally Rooney yet? I am interested to see how it compares to her other two books.
I thought about it,
but I really didnโ€™t have much love for her other 2 books, and although I do plan to read it eventually Iโ€™m not paying full price for it ๐Ÿ˜‚

Reactions: 9
Most of Kazuo Ishiguro's books are on sale for 99p on Kindle today! I've been meaning to read his stuff for a while now so i snapped up all of the books:)

• Heart
Im about 25% through Stolen. V good so far and Im intrigued.

I have the rules for perfect murders on my book shelf. I bought it at Tesco ages ago as I thought it looked good. Must try it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.