Books #25 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i’ve just sat and made a list that i’m calling my 24 for 24, in another (probably futile) attempt to make a dent in my kindle library. if any of these are still sat unread going into 2025 i’ll be very disappointed in myself 😅

1. remarkably bright creatures - shelby van pelt
  2. pretty girls - karin slaughter
  3. penance - eliza clark
  4. the first day of spring - nancy tucker
  5. when i was ten - fiona cummings
  6. my absolute darling - gabriel tallent
  7. beartown - fredrik backman
  8. three hours - rosamund lupton
  9. notes on an execution - danya kukafka
  10. the things we do to our friends - heather darwent
  11. the way i used to be - amber smith
  12. strange sally diamond - liz nugent
  13. the end of the world is a cul de sac - louise kennedy
  14. duck feet - ely percy
  15. the last housewife - ashley winstead
  16. all the sinners bleed - sa cosby
  17. my darkest prayer - sa cosby
  18. the truth must dazzle gradually - helen cullen
  19. those people next door - kia abdullah
  20. none of this is true - lisa jewell
  21. small things like these - claire keegan
  22. all the lonely people - mike gayle
  23. next of kin - kia abdullah
  24. the one - john marrs
I often feel like we are the same person. Ive read quite a few of these and the others I have on my TBR 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hope everyone has a Happy and Healthy 2024 - full of 5🌟 reads!
So glad I found this thread this year, thanks for enabling and influencing my out of control TBR!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’ve already got an A-Z list on the go as well as the other challenge I found, but I’m also feeling the need to do 24 for 24 👀 but incorporating most within the first two challenges of course 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I often feel like we are the same person. Ive read quite a few of these and the others I have on my TBR 🙈
I feel like we have such similar tastes I probably got half the recommendations from you 🤣
I’ve already got an A-Z list on the go as well as the other challenge I found, but I’m also feeling the need to do 24 for 24 👀 but incorporating most within the first two challenges of course 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Happy New year all, so glad I found this thread this year I love seeing what everyone is reading. Hope everyone has a 5⭐ filled 2024.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I feel like A Little Life and Before My Actual Heart Breaks have ruined books for me, nothing seems to be capturing my attention anymore 😩 I’ve been battling my way through The Christmas Bookshop for nearly a week now and am so close to DNFing. This would have previously been right up my street for a festive easy read but it’s so blooming predictable that I want to throw it across the room! Please send help to a bookworm who no longer likes any book she picks up! 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Happy new year 🎉 wishing everyone the very best for 2024!
This really is such a lovely corner of the internet, thank you for allowing me to join. Also thank you for all the recommendations, my kindle and Libby are full of books that I would never have picked up before.
Hope everyone has a happy and healthy new year x

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I saw this on one of the fb groups im in and thought you guys would love this idea! View attachment 2659963
This would be fun!

If 12 people go ahead and recommend me a book each I will vow to read them.
---
I want to read more physical books this year, starting with these! (Although ignore the Strike book, I need to read the others first!)

I want to delve into fantasy so I’m also hoping to start the ACOTAR series, my first Stephen King book (I know!) and just broaden what I usually read in general.

View attachment 2660483
You have some great books there. Especially Misery, I Am Pilgrim and All The Light......
---
And Happy New Year to the loveliest bunch of bookworms in the history of bookworms. Here's to adding to one another's tbr piles for another year. 🌟

(This is always the first thread I check when I come to Tattle)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
for some reason I thought trespasses was 1300 pages and that’s why I’ve been putting it off. I’m an idiot 🙈😂

happy new year to all!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yellowface is 99p today, if it’s on anyone’s TBR.

Reactions: 11
Happy New Year to you all. Thank you for getting me back into reading and all of your recommendations! Here's to 2024 and another good reading year, haven't decided on any challenges yet apart from deciding on the number of books I want to read!

Reactions: 11
Happy new year everyone!

Looking forward to hearing all your great recommendations this year.

also purchased yellowface 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Happy new year all!
I read 62 books in 2023, which I’m pleased with as my target was 52 (last year I only managed 51).

Best books of 2023 for me:

Tomorrow x3
Death of a Bookseller
The Final Year by Matt Goodfellow
Thursday Murder Club books
The Housemaid

Reactions: 15
Ive dropped my target to 52 this year with the hope of reading better books. My average GR rating last year was 3.8 and Im a generous rater so this isnt good.

Reactions: 13
I’ve just set my GR target as 12 for the year. I don’t want to be unrealistic as it will put me off, and 1 book a month seems manageable for my life at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I have read 321 books this year. A 350ish page novel takes a day and a half when you are stuck in bed/hospital, do I have been able to plough through books.

I have gone an entire year without purchasing a book from Amazon. Support your local bookshop, I know they are often a pound or two more expensive than Amazon. But all that really is a ready made sandwich for lunch, or a bottle of Coke. You can make a real difference to someone's livelihood and your high street.

My absolute stand out book was Betty. I read that very early in the year and nothing really came close following, that was a solid 5*. I did have some decent reads after that but nothing that is truly worth a mention.

Support local. And if you don't have a local book shop maybe try Bert's Books. He will source any book you are after even if it isn't already listed on his site.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
The problem I have is I want my book then and there. I blame ADHD but still. So maybe I need to practice more patience to utilise places like Berts Books.

Im not going to read the book then and there am I. Lets be honest because history tells us so. 😂

I dont buy many physical books from Amazon now right enough but do tend to use Waterstones alot when I could probably use a smaller store. I bought My Roommate is a vampire from a tiny independent. They do post it seems too.

https://noalibis.com/

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.