Books #25 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After all my moaning about Iron Flame I’ve finally finished it and it sorta partially redeemed itself in the last 15-20% so I’m giving it a 3.5/5.

On the ending though, wtf? My heart hurts for Sgaeyl. And I just want to protect Andarna from everything. Why do these dragons feel like cute little kittens to me?

I haven’t achieved my target at all and I’m finishing the year on 49 books, which is my lowest figure for a while and I haven't even been reading any excessively long books. A sign of a busy year 😩 I might go for a target of 50 for 2024, then at least I’d be bettering myself 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Pleasantly surprised with how many books I managed. I really struggled with the book club read - Murder on the Christmas Express, I swear I spent 3 weeks on that one 😂

AA47A113-2488-4D83-B4CA-ED19175B3C0A.jpeg

Reactions: 9
Pretty happy with this month - managed to get through a heap of Christmas-themed books which had been on my kindle for ages!

And at 251 books, this is definitely my best reading year ever. Not sure what goals I want to set myself next year, think I'll just work on my 24 to read in 2024 (and the seven I didn't get to this year)
Screenshot_20231231_130650_Gallery.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I should have read 9 books by the end of today for the month of December. Im quite shocked by that but I have been off work so that has probably helped. The only thing is Im going to have 3 new books to start tomorrow.

• Heart
So I've just had a count up of my Reading List for 2023, 112 books in total. Which I'm very happy with, more than I thought it was going to be actually. But I never set number targets because it all depends on what kind of books I'm reading. @daisynoon 251 is bloody impressive. I doff my cap to you.

Reactions: 14
Finished 10 books in December taking my yearly total to 83. I think I'm going to set my goal for 2024 to 80 10 more than this year as it is obviously possible but for so long I didn't think I would get there. Want to read more challenging books this year as well so might be harder to meet my targets.

After all my moaning about Iron Flame I’ve finally finished it and it sorta partially redeemed itself in the last 15-20% so I’m giving it a 3.5/5.

On the ending though, wtf? My heart hurts for Sgaeyl. And I just want to protect Andarna from everything. Why do these dragons feel like cute little kittens to me?

I haven’t achieved my target at all and I’m finishing the year on 49 books, which is my lowest figure for a while and I haven't even been reading any excessively long books. A sign of a busy year 😩 I might go for a target of 50 for 2024, then at least I’d be bettering myself 😅
Glad to hear it gets better as I'm roughly 36% per cent through Iron Flame and not loving it. It quite dull actually so far. I'm hoping I can get through it in the next 2 days before going back to work Was really hoping for a great read going into 2024.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
84A3EC08-DB85-4BC5-91B1-56DF898A482A.jpeg

managed 5 books in December, I feel like my reading has been so bad this month that I’m shocked I even made 5. Currently listening to The Dead Romantics by Ashley Poston and reading Take it Back by Kia Abdullah but I won’t finish either today!

• Heart
Having had an unexpectedly free day yesterday when I just read all day, I just have to tell you that I have just reached my 100 book target for this year (you guys are the only ones who will understand!). I did pick a short book from one of my older downloads to get me over the line but I DID IT! With 9 hours to spare! 13 books read in December which is a lot for me but I did have two weeks off, no real stand out reads but I really enjoyed In A Single Moment by Imogen Clark, least favourite The Shite Before Christmas by Serena Terry and very mixed feelings about The Sealwomans Gift by Sally Magnusson. Parts were beautifully written and her descriptive writing is fab but found the characters a bit underdeveloped.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I can’t see that Goodreads have their 2024 reading goal available either 🥲 but this is what I’ve read in December! I found Bookmory which is so cool! (I DNF’d the Christmas Book Club 🥴) and then had a load of Christmas parties 🤣
IMG_2618.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
View attachment 2659650
managed 5 books in December, I feel like my reading has been so bad this month that I’m shocked I even made 5. Currently listening to The Dead Romantics by Ashley Poston and reading Take it Back by Kia Abdullah but I won’t finish either today!
oh i disliked the dead romantics so much (and felt mean about it because i got the distinct sense that the author was trying REALLY hard) - intrigued to know what you think of it!

had a rough december of many two star reads but starting trespasses today as my official first book of 2024 (technically).

• Heart
My favourite books I read this year, not necessarily published this year! My favourite that was published this year was Penance by Eliza Clark. I read 34 books this year, just shy of my 36 book goal but I think it's a great number considering how hard I've worked this year both at work and in my personal life 🥰

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 18
oh i disliked the dead romantics so much (and felt mean about it because i got the distinct sense that the author was trying REALLY hard) - intrigued to know what you think of it!

had a rough december of many two star reads but starting trespasses today as my official first book of 2024 (technically).
I’m about half way through! I loved The Seven Year Slip and I’m not liking this one as much but I am enjoying it and getting through it quite quickly. I’m quite surprised about the author in general tbh because I usually wouldn’t be interested in magical realism but for some reason it’s working for me, and I like the way she incorporates grief into her books. What made you dislike it?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve started and abandoned both Still Born and Prophet Song this weekend.

my only 5* of the year was Betty. 4.5* were Wellness by Nathan Hill, We Are Not in the World by Conor O’Callaghan, Everything I Never Told you by Celeste Ng and Hello Beautiful

30 4* reads though which is decent enough out of 109 books read.

My resolution for next year is less netgalley nonsenses and more working through my kindle reads!
IMG_0280.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I've counted up my books today with the aim that these numbers will be less by the end of the year.

I need to sort out my wishlist on Borrowbox, some aren't available anymore and I'm sure there are others I have zero interest in reading.

I haven't read a physical book at all this year. Maybe this year I'll actually venture into my spare room and sort them out.

Attachments

• Heart
December reads 📚

Actually got a lot read this month considering it’s December. I do tend to read the cosy feels books a little quicker anyway though.

Stand out was Penance (I know a few of you have it on your TBRs) and I also recommend Happy New Year, which I just thought was going to be a bit of a day filler but exceeded my expectations.

View attachment 2659334
How did you find The Santa Killer by Ross Greenwood as I am planning on reading this book in January but have heard mixed reviews on it.

Reactions: 1
Guys my husband bought me five of the small billy bookcases and built them for me yesterday and today I’ve been organising my new reading room in the box room and I am in love 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Guys my husband bought me five of the small billy bookcases and built them for me yesterday and today I’ve been organising my new reading room in the box room and I am in love 🥰
With the bookcases or with your husband?? 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.