Books #25 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone read Isaac and the egg? I'm 25% through, it's about strange, but reviews on Amazon are very good. I'm undecided about sticking with it.
I’ve read it. I spent most of the book wondering wtf was going on 😆 but in the end I ended up liking it a lot. It’s definitely brave for a debut novel isn’t it.
---
Happy new year book pals! 🥂 📚

I’ve said I’m not going to buy books in 2024 and read what I have. But… 2 of my wish list books are 99p. To buy or not to buy? 🆘

Behind Closed Doors by B A Paris.
The Drift by C J Tudor.
---
Forgot to add Penance by Eliza Clark is also on my wish list and 99p today. From the thread it might be worth a punt? But I shouldn’t buy more books 😫😰

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ve set my goal for the year as 64.
52 for the 52 Book Challenge and 12 for the Tattle Book Club choices.

Reactions: 7
I’m late to this (especially as it was the Tattle Book Club November read 😅) but I started Last One at the Party yesterday and wowww I am sucked right in

• Heart
Reactions: 11
my kindle book deals aren’t loading so I’ve only bought one so far that was on my wishlist

as it stands I have 205 unread books on my kindle. I’d like to say that will be less by 2025 but it probably won’t be 🤣 I’ve set my storygraph goal at 65 books, feels manageable but not overwhelming. I’m going to try and remember to log when I’ve started and finished a book as well, right now I only log the end date so it will be interesting to know both this time next year!

Reactions: 3
First book of the year started and finished - Seven Lies by Elizabeth Kay.

If only I could keep this reading pace up all year, I might keep my TBR list at the same size it starts this year. 😆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Well my vow to not buy any more books until.ive read my kindle books isn't going that well, bought two this morning! Yellowface and one from my wish list. New years resolutions start on 2nd Jan right?

Reactions: 8
Happy New Year everyone, so last year I read 15 books which is not bad considering I only read in bed at night. I am going to try and beat that this year though. 🥳

Reactions: 12
I hate when people, ok my children, come and expect to be fed and looked after. Can’t they see I’m busy, mama has books to read!!! 🙄🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Well my vow to not buy any more books until.ive read my kindle books isn't going that well, bought two this morning! Yellowface and one from my wish list. New years resolutions start on 2nd Jan right?
That makes me feel a bit better! After dithering i ended up getting 3 99p deals that were on my wish list after saying I wouldn’t buy any new books this year. 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Happy new year everyone!

I read a total of 180 books last year - combination of listening to audiobooks while I work (although not as many as normal as I discovered F1 podcasts 🤦🏼‍♀️🤣) a husband that works long shifts and insomnia so I read a lot at night.

Next year I’m aiming for 83 which is my average from the last few years. I’m also going to try and pick a book up rather than TikTok so I’ll see if I read more with that too.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Happy new year everyone. My reading goal for this year is 80 books.

I also bought Yellowface as its quite high on my TBR for the year.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.