Books #25 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know quite a few of you have read year of the locust. Did any of your feel slightly disappointed by it? I saved it to read over the festive period because it’s so chunky. I’m not quite done yet but feel like maybe my expectations were too high?

Reactions: 5
Thanks to whoever said on the last thread that Penance was on 99p deal, have bought it and Prophet Song! I've managed to read 10 books this month (thanks to 2 weeks off before christmas) and am hoping to finish the 11th before NYE, which will mean I have read 98/100 books this year. Even though I'm just short of my target this makes me very happy! Next years target I'm setting at 104, so 2 books a week....!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I know quite a few of you have read year of the locust. Did any of your feel slightly disappointed by it? I saved it to read over the festive period because it’s so chunky. I’m not quite done yet but feel like maybe my expectations were too high?
Completely disappointed. The last 25% of the book was like reading a fever dream. It was like reading two completely different books. Both would’ve been good if he stuck with one genre!
That “twist” came out of the blue and just ruined what could’ve been a 4 or 5 star read for me
---
Btw would still buy his next novel 😁

Reactions: 5
Thanks to whoever said on the last thread that Penance was on 99p deal, have bought it and Prophet Song! I've managed to read 10 books this month (thanks to 2 weeks off before christmas) and am hoping to finish the 11th before NYE, which will mean I have read 98/100 books this year. Even though I'm just short of my target this makes me very happy! Next years target I'm setting at 104, so 2 books a week....!
104 was my target last year and I did it :D

Ive managed 12 less this year so 1 less book a month but Ive not read many great books this year so probably why.

Reactions: 7
Just caught up on the end of the last thread… a kindle page turning clicker?! You lot are living in the future

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Just parking myself in here - been to the library and then fell into The Works and saw House of Sky and Breath for £3.50 so of course I picked it up 🤣

Reactions: 8
I got £150 worth of Amazon vouchers for Christmas so I will spend them on as many ebooks as possible! Will probs only last me until March 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Completely disappointed. The last 25% of the book was like reading a fever dream. It was like reading two completely different books. Both would’ve been good if he stuck with one genre!
That “twist” came out of the blue and just ruined what could’ve been a 4 or 5 star read for me
---
Btw would still buy his next novel 😁
Omg don't say this. I am still slogging through and am only on page 75 😬😬😬

I was so excited for it and it isn't gripping at all yet 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I finally finished Forth Wing today and then instantly had to purchase Iron flame. I really enjoyed this although I do think the time of year I read it has something to do with how much I enjoyed it.

I can understand why some people don't like it but it reminded me so much of reading Twilight/ Hunger Games/Divergent for the first time as a teen.

It was a bit like watching a bad action movie, the writing wasn't all that but I had a good time.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Best believe I ordered Penance. Been wanting to read this for ages. You truly are a Saint @SaintLeo 😇.

Reactions: 6
Best believe I ordered Penance. Been wanting to read this for ages. You truly are a Saint @SaintLeo 😇.
You’re welcome! And if I’m adding to my already too big TBR pile I’m definitely going to try and persuade a few of you to buy things along with me! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think I may go through my own TBR to try and pick pick out what Id like to read in January and February!

I’ve been through my kindle and deleted all of the free books I’ll likely never read (love a declutter!) and picked out trespasses for January. Looks hefty so I think I’ll just stick to that one 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think I may go through my own TBR to try and pick pick out what Id like to read in January and February!
I was thinking similarly earlier in my attempt to read my 24 in 2024 and new buys..
So far January I’ve got Penance, Small Things Like These, and Silkworm (Strike 2).
May add Winter Garden and The Bee Sting.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Ive just gone through my amazon wishlist and took loads of books off it. I feel like if I wouldnt want to read it right away or soon then there is no point of paying 99p for it.

Reactions: 11
I’ve just finished ruthless vows and I am not okay 😅 it’s so beautifully written and yet heartbreaking 💔

”If you had touched me today Kitt, I don’t think I could have hidden it anymore. Who you are to me. Who I am to you” 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I was thinking similarly earlier in my attempt to read my 24 in 2024 and new buys..
So far January I’ve got Penance, Small Things Like These, and Silkworm (Strike 2).
May add Winter Garden and The Bee Sting.
Penance, Small Things Like These and The Bee Sting are all in my top 5 reads of 2023 - so you’ll be off to a flier with that selection!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.