Books #25 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My daughter gave me £100 today just because she felt like it so yes, I bought books!

Has anyone read Isaac and the egg? I'm 25% through, it's about strange, but reviews on Amazon are very good. I'm undecided about sticking with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ve been through my kindle and deleted all of the free books I’ll likely never read (love a declutter!) and picked out trespasses for January. Looks hefty so I think I’ll just stick to that one 😂
I listened to trespasses on audio, amazing, wonderful, beautiful book. Get tissues 😭❤
---
Fourth Wing arrived today all bubble wrapped and shiny 😍 it’s in my January pile along with Remarkably bright creatures (on audio if it becomes free on Libby) The Song of Achilles on audio and Mad Honey

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I listened to trespasses on audio, amazing, wonderful, beautiful book. Get tissues 😭❤
---
Fourth Wing arrived today all bubble wrapped and shiny 😍 it’s in my January pile along with Remarkably bright creatures (on audio if it becomes free on Libby) The Song of Achilles on audio and Mad Honey
prepare yourself for the song of achilles 😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So far January I’ve got Penance, Small Things Like These, and Silkworm (Strike 2).
Small Things Like These was a 5 stars imo, talked about it to anyone who would listen 😅

Started The Goldfinch, as there is no way I will be able to read 800 pages in 2 days. So far, it's a page turner even though not much has happened, the author knows how to give you small crumbs to feed your curiosity. It'll be a great first book for 2024, but I do think she could have edited some passages out.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Small Things Like These was a 5 stars imo, talked about it to anyone who would listen 😅

Started The Goldfinch, as there is no way I will be able to read 800 pages in 2 days. So far, it's a page turner even though not much has happened, the author knows how to give you small crumbs to feed your curiosity. It'll be a great first book for 2024, but I do think she could have edited some passages out.
i adore the goldfinch (though agree it doesn’t need to be quite as long as it is) but it’s almost a perfect book to me. the writing is beautiful.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Small Things Like Me was so beautifully written. I have respect for an author who can pack so much into such a small book. It was such a juxtaposition. How could it be cosy and twee but bleak and cold?

I adored it. I almost bought Antartica last week but the queue in Waterstones was so long.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
i adore the goldfinch (though agree it doesn’t need to be quite as long as it is) but it’s almost a perfect book to me. the writing is beautiful.
Your recommandation in the last thread is why I'm reading it! It is beautiful written, the last sentences of the first two chapters were a punch in my guts. After what happened in the Met I couldn't put the book away, she conveyed the kid's anxiety so well.

Is the movie any good? Didn't want to watch it before reading the book, in case it was bad 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Your recommandation in the last thread is why I'm reading it! It is beautiful written, the last sentences of the first two chapters were a punch in my guts. After what happened in the Met I couldn't put the book away, she conveyed the kid's anxiety so well.

Is the movie any good? Didn't want to watch it before reading the book, in case it was bad 😅
the movie is Not Good, sadly. mainly because i think there’s just too much to contain, it should have been a hbo miniseries. aneurin barnard is great in it though!

i hope my recommendation doesn’t let you down 🤣💙

Reactions: 2
Small Things Like Me was so beautifully written. I have respect for an author who can pack so much into such a small book. It was such a juxtaposition. How could it be cosy and twee but bleak and cold?

I adored it. I almost bought Antartica last week but the queue in Waterstones was so long.
Ha probably a queue full of Tattlers, you never know one of us could have been in that queue! Not me though as I refuse to go shopping after Christmas I'm done with shopping at that point!

Film adaptation with Cillian Murphy as Bill out next year apparently 😍

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Also producing 🤩
Yeah, I read a lovely interview where he raved about how much he loved Claire Keegan's writing. They called her agent and assumed the rights would have already gone but no-one had enquired. Could be wrong but I also had a feeling Matt Damon was involved in a producer role too?

• Heart
Film adaptation with Cillian Murphy as Bill out next year apparently 😍
This is the news I needed today. Amazing!
---
Ha probably a queue full of Tattlers, you never know one of us could have been in that queue! Not me though as I refuse to go shopping after Christmas I'm done with shopping at that point!
Ha this was the 23rd, when I was out shopping with a man who was buying his Christmas presents 🙄 but same. I havent left the house in days other than to walk the dog. Im going to have to venture out soon as we're running out of food to eat that isnt chocolate, biscuits or nibbles.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Has anyone read The Sealwomans Gift? Just going through my kindle and I'm going to try and read some of the books I downloaded years ago but not read. Aim for this year is to only have books I'm excited to read on my kindle by the end of the year, so that means reading all the oldest ones first!
---
This is the news I needed today. Amazing!
---

Ha this was the 23rd, when I was out shopping with a man who was buying his Christmas presents 🙄 but same. I havent left the house in days other than to walk the dog. Im going to have to venture out soon as we're running out of food to eat that isnt chocolate, biscuits or nibbles.
Ha yeah me too, I literally am craving food that isn't Christmas food but car is in for MOT so can't go shopping till next weekend!

You can’t set your reading goal yet on StoryGraph can you? Tried to look but I suppose you do it on the 1st!

Reactions: 1
I am currently reading The Watchers by AM Shine. Enjoying it so far. Apparently it is being made into a film and is out next year.
After that I think I will start The Book Thief, it has been in my tbr for a while.

Here's my December wrap up. I didn't expect to finish this many as December has been busy and highly unlikely to finish anymore today.

I really like The Vanishing Half and Bright Young Women.

None of this is true was an audiobook and I loved the format.

After being unsure about Isaac and the Egg, I actually really liked it in the end.

French Braid was meh. Easy enough to read.

And I'm excited to see my Storygraph wrap up later this week - 2023 has been my best year yet since I started logging.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 15
December reads 📚

Actually got a lot read this month considering it’s December. I do tend to read the cosy feels books a little quicker anyway though.

Stand out was Penance (I know a few of you have it on your TBRs) and I also recommend Happy New Year, which I just thought was going to be a bit of a day filler but exceeded my expectations.

CC25C2D9-0AD2-48C1-8491-086A1AD521A9.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.