Books #25 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel a bit like a voyeur with all this boyfriend chat. 😳

I have moved on to reading Murder in the Family by Cara Hunter. I enjoy her books the DI Fawley series is up there with my favourite detective series books.

But I am not sure I can read a whole book set in this format...

Has anyone read it?
I’ve read it - the format was a bit to get used to but I thought it added a bit to the story. I didn’t know it was in this format before I picked it up but if I’d have known I’m not sure I would. I did prefer the DI Fawley books to this one though.

Reactions: 5
I’ve read it - the format was a bit to get used to but I thought it added a bit to the story. I didn’t know it was in this format before I picked it up but if I’d have known I’m not sure I would. I did prefer the DI Fawley books to this one though.
Agree.
Much prefer the DI Fawley books. I love the Oxford setting.
I didn't mind the multi media style made it a fun read.

Reactions: 2
I feel a bit like a voyeur with all this boyfriend chat. 😳

I have moved on to reading Murder in the Family by Cara Hunter. I enjoy her books the DI Fawley series is up there with my favourite detective series books.

But I am not sure I can read a whole book set in this format...

Has anyone read it?
I liked it but definitely prefer the DI Fawley series.

I’ve just finished Prophet Song by Paul Lynch and my heart actually hurts 😭 . Has anyone else read it?

• Heart
I'm waiting on Prophet Song from the library & now I'm scared 🫣
I'm Irish, and I can tell you, no one does depressing literature quite like us.
Paul Lynch, Donal Ryan plus we are the OGs of Sad Girl Fiction

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Happy house of flame and shadow day 🔥 🥳

anyone recieve their pre order books? I haven’t got mine yet 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Happy house of flame and shadow day 🔥 🥳

anyone recieve their pre order books? I haven’t got mine yet 😩
Oh I just googled this because I didn’t know what it was (sorry 😩) and they've done something very cool, I love when google goes all fancy

• Heart
Mine says tomorrow as well 😭

wanted my
Cassian ( I hope)
fix

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It sucks when pre-order books don't actually arrive on the day they come out! One of those things you'd think bookstores/publishers/post companies would have perfected.

Mine says tomorrow as well 😭

wanted my
Cassian ( I hope)
fix
i’ll send him to you directly pinkii - he’s on his way!

it’s SO annoying when this happens! surely a preorder should guarantee you the release date.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

it’s SO annoying when this happens! surely a preorder should guarantee you the release date.
thank you 🤣 if your man L pops up- enjoy lol

• Haha

Yep!!
Every time it happens it makes me wish I’d just ordered it on Amazon, then I remind myself I’m trying not to buy via Amazon, it’s better to support actual bookshops (even if they’re big companies I will want to see books on the High Street… but I bet Amazon would have delivered it today!! 🫣

Edited to laugh about how many times I managed to say Amazon in the above.. sigh

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.