Books #25 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just read this, not usually a fantasy reader, but randomly clicked on it on Waterstones app, sounded good, so bought it.

Honestly one of my favourite books ever. I just loved it that much.
It was good wasn't it. I feel like although it was fantasy it wasn’t completely shove it in your face fantasy. When
Vis goes back to his home country 😭
. So yea coming off a high!

I’ve gone back to Invisible Woman, this is one I pick up and down quite a lot. We will see how far I get through this time.

Reactions: 3
Just finished the will of the many, really really enjoyed it. I love fantasy but I’ve been annoyed that “romantasy” has kinda taken over. I like more war less love in my fantasy. So if anyone is looking for a good political(ish) fantasy I can recommend it.

I feel like I should read a non-fantasy next to widen my reading. I don’t really know what to try through as I usually only read fantasy.
Ooh I’m the opposite! I love all the world building but then I want all kinds of magical smut and when they’re talking about saving the world I want more spice 😂

Reactions: 5
Ooh I’m the opposite! I love all the world building but then I want all kinds of magical smut and when they’re talking about saving the world I want more spice 😂
Haha I had to fast forward an audio book I was listening to when stripping wallpaper because there was undressing and smut. I was like this is not stripping wallpaper kinda story time.
I was reading one of the Sarah J Mass books on a plane and had to stop because I was blushing so much 😂
Give me blood, guts and gore on a mysterious battlefield any day. I do laugh though because if you were to meet me, it’s like yes she is definitely the target demographic for fairy smut 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
same. i get a bit lost in the more classic fantasy novels where there’s political intrigue and war and deception and such because i’m just there like: but where is the yearning the slow build the tension?!

am forever a romance girlie at my heart 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It was good wasn't it. I feel like although it was fantasy it wasn’t completely shove it in your face fantasy. When
Vis goes back to his home country 😭
. So yea coming off a high!
Honestly, that was so overwhelmingly emotional. and basically everything to do with Fadrique broke me, trying to do best for Suus, everything he kept, recognising Vis, the little ship And then the ending, I knew it was gonna end on a wtf thing, but not that level of wtf, totally blew my mind.

The wait for the next one is gonna be like forever.

Just finished Preloved, really enjoyed it! Thanks to whoever recommended it, I can't remember who it was, sorry! Love this quote from it, life changing 🤣

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Just finished the one book I liked the look of on Libby (only had the choice of 12). It was called Under an Outlaw Moon by Dietrich Kalteis. Quite a short book, it’s based on the real story of Bennie Dickson and Stella Mae Dickson who were bank robbers from the 1930s in America. Think Bonnie and Clyde but they didn’t kill anyone. I’m not particularly interested in that part of history but it was a good book. However I’m going to delete Libby and keep Borrowbox. I managed to get it set up and have Unnatural Causes coming my way at the end of the month.
---
Is Infamous any good? I keep seeing it everywhere at the moment for some reason, I don’t think it’s a new release?

Just finished Keep Her Quiet by Emma Curtis. Really couldn't put it down, it kept me hooked. But oh my it was spoiled by glaring continuity errors and I don't think Curtis is great at characterisation, particularly when she writes about reactions to what should be a shocking situation. But for all that, I really enjoyed reading it!

Hello all you lovely lot and new people who have joined! Welcome 🥰 I’ve been a bit AWOL, work has been crazy and I’ve been getting in reading where I can! Currently on 6 books which I’ll take as I was only reading 2-3 at the end o last year 🥲 have a missed anything big?!!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Just finished 'Only a Monster' by Vanessa Len, read it in a day! I read quite a lot of fantasy type books and this was quite a unique spin on it and very easy to read.

Reactions: 1
I read The Night She Disappeared and loved it! I might need to try another of her books soon.
I'm absolutely loving The Night She Disappeared. I'm devouring it, it's almost indecent.

Can thoroughly thoroughly recommend None Of This is True if you want another Lisa Jewell

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hello all you lovely lot and new people who have joined! Welcome 🥰 I’ve been a bit AWOL, work has been crazy and I’ve been getting in reading where I can! Currently on 6 books which I’ll take as I was only reading 2-3 at the end o last year 🥲 have a missed anything big?!!
You missed Paul Mescal trying to ditch us in a park. Little does he know we're incredibly fast.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I feel a bit like a voyeur with all this boyfriend chat. 😳

I have moved on to reading Murder in the Family by Cara Hunter. I enjoy her books the DI Fawley series is up there with my favourite detective series books.

But I am not sure I can read a whole book set in this format...

Has anyone read it?

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 6
You missed Paul Mescal trying to ditch us in a park. Little does he know we're incredibly fast.
he could NEVER ditch us, even if he wanted to. there’s only one of him and dozens of us 🤣

on the subject of mr mescal though, he actually has great taste in books! i remember seeing a rec list he did for waterstones a while back, will try and find it again. just to properly make him the thread boyfriend 🤣😍

• Haha
Reactions: 9

I have moved on to reading Murder in the Family by Cara Hunter. I enjoy her books the DI Fawley series is up there with my favourite detective series books.

Has anyone read it?
How weird, that’s a script format. Is that relevant to the plot in any way? Or maybe she’s planning to sell the rights and just decided to jump straight to the screenplay instead of bothering with a novel first! 🤷‍♀️

• Haha

Has anyone read it?
It looks like a transcript. I'd feel like I'm at work.

I have this book on Kindle, I'm off to investigate the format.

Has anyone read it?
I've read it and I enjoyed it! I think I gave it 3.5/5 stars. I would've given it higher if it was a different format, and I thought it was about 50 pages too long (it started dragging a bit for me in the middle). The format makes sense, because the book is structured like episodes of a tv show, but I would have preferred if it was written like a normal novel.

Reactions: 7
I've read it and I enjoyed it! I think I gave it 3.5/5 stars. I would've given it higher if it was a different format, and I thought it was about 50 pages too long (it started dragging a bit for me in the middle). The format makes sense, because the book is structured like episodes of a tv show, but I would have preferred if it was written like a normal novel.
Thanks, then I will persevere with it.

@SaintLeo that is a good point, I believe the TV rights have already been sold.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.