Books #25 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m glad it’s not just me! I did post last year and then I overthought everything as usual and went shy again 🤦🏼‍♀️. I love seeing what everyone’s reading too, my TBR grows pretty much everytime I come on this thread 😂. So glad you’ve got your inspiration back, I know how hard it is when you lose it. Looking forward to seeing what you’ve been reading
I love this book forum. No one seems to look down on you if you don't like it/haven't tried the genre that other people rave about.
Gives you more confidence to step out of your comfort zone and try something new, when people are allowed to say what they think without being shot down in flames. 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Joining in and posting what I’ve read this month, I’ve been lurking as always but trying to be not so shy and hoping this will encourage me to keep the reading up I enjoy it so much but sometimes I’m my own worst enemy.
Really love this calendar thingy from Bookmory which I only found through here so thank you whoever posted about that! Started off the month really well then lost it a bit, I’m so all or nothing, it drives me crazy can never seem to find a balance in anything 🙈
Loved Penance like lots of people here, Eliza Clark can do no wrong in my eyes. Ask for Andrea was really good too, the ending was a bit meh to me but it couldn’t have really ended any other way so that’s me being a bit daft, I just hoped for a little more I guess. Really loved If I Can’t Have You too, made me really emotional in parts and I didn’t expect that, Constance was such a flawed character but also I really did like her and related to her obsessive side a lot which is a bit hard to admit but we’re all friends here 😅 and god she’d been through it. I think it gets quite mixed reviews and it does drag a bit in parts but for me I loved it and it’ll stay with me.
Up next is either Strong Female Character or Preloved both of which are recommendations from here so thank you guys again!
View attachment 2726529
I have "If I can't have you" - I really must get round to reading it and Penance of course.

Strong Female Character is excellent, definitely listen on audio if you can.

Reactions: 4
I really enjoy seeing what people have read this month.

Can't do fancy pictures but I read

Happy New Year by Malin Stehn (one of my12 for 12 booka recommended by @nbt) best book all month 5⭐

How to Disappear - Gillian McAllister

The People Before - Charlotte Northedge

The It Girl - Ruth Ware ( 4⭐ almost a 5, really good)

Never Never by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher. (Clue is in the title Never Never pick this book up)

We all want impossible things - Catherine Newman

Night - Elie Wiesel (hurt my heart)

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan - Lisa See

Countdown - James Patterson (excellent as always)

Tell Me How This - Jo Leevers

First Lie Wins - Ashley Elston

• Heart
Reactions: 16
My January reads - only 4 for me this month but I am 32% through Preloved, 11% through Reach For The Stars and 5 chapters into I’m Glad My Mom Died on Audible.

Nothing has been a major standout this month but I am enjoying Preloved and IGMMD so they could be highlights for next month. I was disappointed in Brother after seeing it all over horror BookTok - it just wasn’t anywhere as tense or gory as it was made out to be. Please Tell Me was quite good but I’m struggling to remember much about it now.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My January reads. Currently reading The Ugly Truth by L.C. North

IMG_3427.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
also cannot do photos but here are my january reads:

trespasses - louise kennedy ⭐⭐⭐⭐
the beloved girls - harriet evans ⭐⭐⭐⭐
clock dance - anne tyler ⭐⭐⭐
pyre - perumal murugan ⭐⭐⭐⭐
trust - hernan diaz ⭐⭐⭐⭐
preloved - lauren bravo ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
clytemnestra - costanza casi ⭐⭐⭐⭐
love her or lose her - tessa bailey ⭐⭐

a really good month of books tbh, though i do think it is time for me to give up on tessa bailey! liked one of hers, but everything else has been so flat and i hate how she writes her men for the most part.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I really enjoy seeing what people have read this month.

Can't do fancy pictures but I read

Happy New Year by Malin Stehn (one of my12 for 12 booka recommended by @nbt) best book all month 5⭐

How to Disappear - Gillian McAllister

The People Before - Charlotte Northedge

The It Girl - Ruth Ware ( 4⭐ almost a 5, really good)

Never Never by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher. (Clue is in the title Never Never pick this book up)

We all want impossible things - Catherine Newman

Night - Elie Wiesel (hurt my heart)

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan - Lisa See

Countdown - James Patterson (excellent as always)

Tell Me How This - Jo Leevers

First Lie Wins - Ashley Elston
Aah great, I’m pleased you enjoyed it!

Reactions: 3
Another one who doesn't know how to do the nice pics. I read a shocking 12 books this month.

Iron Flame -Rebecca Yarros 4 ⭐
Heartstopper vol.5 - Alice Osman 5⭐
Yellowface - R.F Kuang 3⭐
The Ugly Truth - L.C North 3⭐
The quarantine princess diaries - Meg Cabot 3 ⭐
Milk and honey - Rupi Kaur 3 ⭐
Divine Rivals - Rebecca Ross 3 ⭐
The sun and her flowers -Rupi Kaur 3 ⭐
The princess saves herself in this one Amanda Lovelace 3 ⭐
The boy next door - Meg Cabot 3 ⭐
Boy meets girl - Meg Cabot 2⭐
Emily Wildes encyclopaedia of fairies 3 ⭐

A lot of 3 stars this month hope Feb is better ratings wise.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Here are my January books, the most I've read in ages! The only one I didn't enjoy was Local Girl Missing. Highlight was American Wife, but I really enjoyed every single one of the others!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Here’s my January reads!

Overall a bit of a disppointing one. I read a decent number of books for me but none of them really stood out and I ended up rating most as 3 ⭐ Hoping for some better reads next month!

A87C46F1-94D9-463F-ADC3-AB90ACCAB002.png

• Heart
Reactions: 11
also cannot do photos but here are my january reads:

trespasses - louise kennedy ⭐⭐⭐⭐
the beloved girls - harriet evans ⭐⭐⭐⭐
clock dance - anne tyler ⭐⭐⭐
pyre - perumal murugan ⭐⭐⭐⭐
trust - hernan diaz ⭐⭐⭐⭐
preloved - lauren bravo ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
clytemnestra - costanza casi ⭐⭐⭐⭐
love her or lose her - tessa bailey ⭐⭐

a really good month of books tbh, though i do think it is time for me to give up on tessa bailey! liked one of hers, but everything else has been so flat and i hate how she writes her men for the most part.
Go on Bookmory, it puts pictures in the book calendar for you! Doesn't work as well if you finish one book and start another the same day, as the book pics are small on those days as they are sharing the same box, but its a good visual reminder!

Reactions: 5
3 for me!

None of this is true by Lisa Jewell 4/5
Crushing by Genevieve Novak 4/5
Meet me at the lake by Carley Fortune 3/5

Pretty so so. Hoping to get into some books I’m really looking forward to in Feb!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@Caffeine Fiend

Finished The Whispers. I did read The Push and agree that was much better. I think I’d still read more by her despite not enjoying this one as much.

I kind of wish the second half had been the first half and then it’d have continued beyond what it did. A lot was left open, although I understand it was purposely done. But I feel like I was only just become intrigued by the characters (not many liked for obvious reasons) and I’d like to have explored them more.

Reactions: 2
@chickhicks86 Local Girl Missing was pure drivel and I usually like Claire Douglas. This one is brilliant...

I'll be back later to do my round up for January and I'm already excited to see what new offers hit Amazon tomorrow.
I agree with this about Local Woman Missing.

I’ve got Local Girl Missing on my TBR but don’t think it’ll be bumped up any time soon!

I remember someone on here saying Local Woman Missing looked great last July so I bought it and read it. Biggest load of rubbish ever. Nothing happened in it! @nbt - just remove it from your list, it’s an absolute waste of time.

Reactions: 1
I remember someone on here saying Local Woman Missing looked great last July so I bought it and read it. Biggest load of rubbish ever. Nothing happened in it! @nbt - just remove it from your list, it’s an absolute waste of time.
I was about to say I think we’ve got crossed wires, but I’ve just checked and TBR and it’s actually Local GONE Missing I’ve got anyway 😂 anyone here read that one and knew whether it fits in the keep or bin category?!

• Haha
Good reading month for me with 12 books read - once I’d read the appeal I ended up buying her other 2 books and love how it’s written (although can imagine it’s very marmite style!)

happy place I struggled with, heard good things but it wasn’t for me but I stuck it out!

If I had to pick still life and tomorrow, tomorrow…were probably my faves!!

Attachments

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.